No More April Fools?

Leo walked to Mikey's room, tenderly holding an ice pack to his bruised head. He imagined his little brother was probably very upset.

"Hey Mikey?" He called softly. "It's Leo, can we talk?" He heard movement on the other side of the door and Mikey opened it.

Mikey saw the bruise on Leo's head and winced. He knew he really messed up. He shouldn't have pulled that stupid prank.

"Mikey, don't cry little brother....we're not mad at you or anything, we're all fine, just a little bruised."

Mikey sniffled. "But, I almost killed you!" Leo sighed and pulled Mikey into a hug. "Shh, it's ok."

He held him like that for a while. "I'm sorry Mikey, we shouldn't have said that...we're 100% fine, ok?"

Mikey wiped his eyes. "O-Ok." He said simply, though deep down, he knew he had done wrong, like always.

Leo smiled a little. "Hey, you want some pizza? We got your favourite, jellybeans, sardines and jalapenos!"

Mikey smiled back, nodding. Truthfully, he wasn't that hungry but he took a slice anyway and ate it.

He sat in his room for a while, thinking. He only pulled pranks on his bros to make them laugh and smile....

But if they hurt them....what was the point? He couldn't risk almost killing them again. How could he have been so stupid?

Because of him and his pranks, his brothers were hurt.

They could have died.

It's all his fault.

Mikey sighed, taking a deep breath. "I can do this....no more pranking, easy peasy, super cheesy!" He whispered.

"Don't worry bros, you won't have to worry about my dumb pranks anymore."

"I promise...."

                            ~ *~

A couple days after Mikey's big prank, the brothers began to notice a drastic change in the lair.

It was quite.

Too quiet.

There wasn't much laughter.

They hadn't been pranked all week.

Instead, Mikey sat in his room, watching cartoons or reading comics, bored out of his mind.

He sighed. On a day like this, he would pull a prank to loosen some of the tension in the air.

But he wasn't going to.

Instead, Mikey pulled out another comic book. "My bros are probably happy....won't miss my pranks."

Leo sat in the lair, a slight bruise still visable on his head. Raph sat next to him, still wearing a sling and Donnie  who still had a bandage on his arm.

"Hey guys?" Leo spoke, breaking the silence. "Is it just me or is it kinda... quiet in here?"

Raph nodded. "Yeah, Mikey hasn't pranked us all week! I guess that one prank knocked some sense into him."

Leo nodded. "Mikey was really upset about that...I talked to him a few days ago and he felt really bad, he kept saying he didn't want to kill us."

Donnie looked up. "I guess I shouldn't have told him that....but he really could have killed us."

Leo nodded. "He seemed ok after I spoke to him, he calmed down and everything so I think he's fine."

"Probably....beware guys, April first is in a few days, we're probably gonna get pranked like crazy." Raph warned.