Heartbreak

I don't wanna another love story. My boyfriend broke up with me and now I'm single. I already feel the tears falling down my face as I enter my apartment. I close the door and just collapse against the door. Before I can stop, I'm balling my eyes out and drowning in my tears. I can't even go five seconds without thinking back to earlier.

~Earlier~
I walk up to Gabriel's apartment door and knock. I wait a couples seconds and no answer. Maybe he's still getting ready. I knock again. This time the time stretches longer. I pull out my phone and press call on his ID. I put the phone to my left ear and my other to his apartment door. I hear nothing inside and I go straight to voicemail. "Hey this is Gabriel, you missed me leave a message at the beep."

"Gabriel, babe did you forget about our date?" I hang up and sigh. Where could he be? As I leave the apartment complex I run into his roommate.

"Hey August!" The brown haired boy turns my way.

"Hey  Little Blueberry, what's happening?" He says in a cheery voice. He has a big smile on as he makes his way over to me.

"Oh you're so fancy tonight." He says once we make it to each other. I smile, wait till Gabriel gets a look at me. I think to myself taking into account my stunning short dark purple dress with my black sandals.

"Thanks, uh have you seen Gabriel? I think he may have forgotten about our date." I say hoping August at least has. At the mention of Gabriel I don't miss the flash of disappoint cross his face before he replaced it with his gummy smile.

"Uh, no I haven't seen him since this morning before going to our classes. Sorry Blueberry." He says rubbing my hair. I swat his hand away and laugh at his nickname he's given me since I first met him. All I did was over eat too many blueberries and then my tongue was stain blue for a week!

"You're gonna mess up my hair!" He smiles but his eyes say that he isn't telling me the whole story.

"I can call him if you'd like?" August offers.

"No it's ok. I already tried earlier. Thanks though. I'll just get going and call try him later."

"Ok Blueberry. See you later." August waves before heading into the apartment complex. Once he's out of my sight my smile disappears. Not even August has seen him. I sigh and start walking till I see a familiar figure walking towards me. I immediately perk up. I walk a little faster to catch up to him.

"Gabriel!" I say as I grab into his arm. Gabriel looks at me with an a blank face on.

"What do you want?" His tone has an uncaring tone as he continues walking. I'm hurt but don't show it.

"You forgot about our date tonight." I tell him trying to sound nonchalant about it. We walk for a little bit more. I'm becoming impatient. Way isn't he saying anything? By the time he does say something. It wasn't what I was expecting.

"I didn't forget I just didn't care." Gabriel says as if it's nothing. My mouth stretches into a thin line. What the heck is wrong with Gabriel. I thought I was at least going to hear. 'Oh sorry, it's just school's been hard and forgot about it.' at the very least. But no I get that response. I stop walking which causing Gabriel to stop as well.

"Seriously?" My voice is hard and laced with hurt.

"Seriously what?" Gabriel asks dumbfounded. I grumble and let a frustrated noise.

"Gabriel, what's up with you? You haven't been returning my calls, responding to my texts till hours later. And now you forgot about a date that you planned!" I yell in the street not really caring that I raised my voice. "Why are you being like this!?"

Gabriel rolls his eyes and is about to continue walking. I grab his arm and turn him to face me.

"Don't roll your eyes at me." I say dead serious. He pulls his arm away from me.

"You're so annoying. Gosh." I'm shocked.

"W-what?" My voice trembling.

"You're so annoying," Gabriel emphasizes before going on. " You bug me so much! All you want is my attention all the time and want to spend time. Like get a life. Honestly, do you just not have friends? I just can't do this anymore." Gabriel tone and face show that he's done.

"W-what are you s-saying?" My voice trembling.

Gabriel scoffs. "Are you seriously that dense? I'm. Breaking. Up. With. You!" Gabriel draws out each word painfully slow. My face scrunches up to that face you get before crying.

"If you'll excuse me, I'm late for a date." Gabriel walks away leaving me on the side walk near his apartment complex.

"He's late for a date?" My disbelief rains through my body. "Was he cheating on me?"

A few tears leave my eyes. Still not wanting to believe any word Gabriel said I turn around walk to the bus stop.  I'm able to hold myself together till I get to my apartment door.

~Present~
I force myself to move towards my bedroom. Once there I collapse on my bed and stay there. Not knowing when the tears start or stop. In the end, I feel myself going to a better place. A nice dream should get my mind off this nightmare. Except I was wrong. I kept waking up and falling back to sleep till I eventually gave up. I changed my clothes into a tank and capri sweats. I made myself pancakes and put on a movie. What I am doing? I put down my pancakes. I gasp. Am I sulking? No, I'm not gonna give Gabriel the satisfaction of me being miserable while he's having fun with his new girlfriend.

I go to my closet and look at my options.  What screams, I'm Fine? I contemplate between two sweatshirts. I got with a light teal crop top sweatshirt and pair it with white ripped jeans. I grab my black, white striped vans and get wallet purse. I check my makeup. I look decent enough to my liking and not like I cried a monsoon. My violet hair is long as it ever is. I smile to myself, but it feels like I'm lying to myself. My smile fads to a frown. I can't do this. I go back to my room and change. I wipe off my makeup and grab a tub of ice cream. I sit in front of the TV. I don't even realize I'm crying till I go and wipe my eye. Next thing I know it's been and hour and I'm lying on my  couch crying. This may be the worst break up in my life. We were together for two years and Gabriel just breaks it off? Just like that? I'm annoying? I'll show him.

My phone's buzzes. I sniffle and try to find it in the sea tissues. I find it and open up my messages. It's from August.

August: hey u ok?

Blueberry: no😭🤧 im very not

August: do you need anything? Some soup or icecream?

Blueberry: can you bring me a new boyfriend???😭🙏

August: I can bring you the next best thing!can you guess what it is?😉

Blueberry: what?

August: a comforting friend!

Blueberry: I guess i need one rn. Will you come over??

August: coming over now with Panda Express🥡

Blueberry: are you bringing orange chicken?

August: of course! See you soon.

Blueberry: k!

I look at the mess of my apartment. Oh crap, I got to clean up. I grab a trash bag and throw all my crap in. I pass by my bathroom. And catch a glimpse of myself. Oof I have to washup. I look at my phone. Ok it's takes a little bit to get to my apartment. I have time to take a shower.