Awkward Situation

I get out of the shower and wrap a towel around myself and head out. I stop short when I see a certain browned haired boy standing in my living room.

"August, don't look behind you!" I say in panic. Realizing I'm only in a towel. Of course it's only natural to look when someone says not too. As soon as his gaze lands on me, August blushes the most best tomato red.

"O-oh my gosh I'm so sorry!" August quickly covers his eyes with his hand and turns around. I laugh a little at how embarrassed he is. Hasn't he ever seen a girl in a towel? I mean at least his girlfriend right? I speed walk to my room on the opposite side of August. Careful not to let my towel fall off or blow in delicate places. When safely in my room with the door closed. I put on a large sweatshirt and a pair of leggings. I brush my hair and then exit my room to go to the living room.

When August sees me enter, he immediately stands.

"Oh my goodness Blueberry I'm so sorry I should have waited outside instead of just barging in unannounced!" August has regret and shame written all over his face.

"August," I say slightly laughing. "It's totally fine. I had a towel on, so we are cool. Ok?"

August looks slightly relieved but still has a strawberry red shade on his face. I go over and sit on the couch and reach for the takeout.

"Did you make sure to get fortune cookies this time?" I look in the bag as he sits beside me leaving enough room between us. "That was one time!" August says sounding more relax.

"Yeah and I ate blueberries that's one time!" I retort.

"Ok I guess thats only fair." We both get some food and I grab the TV remote. I put on The Circle and eat my Chow Mein noodles, with my orange chicken.

"No! Chris don't do that!!!" I yell at the TV.

"Come on, Antonio had it coming Luna." I look at August and punch him.

"I know that. It's just I wanted him to stay a little longer." We watch the rest of the hour long episode, laughing and joking around. When the episode ends, I go to play the next episode when August stops me and turns off the TV.

"Hey! Why'd you do that?" I go for the remote when he raised it above his head.

"Are you ok Luna?" August has this serious look on his face. At first I didn't know what he was talking about till I realized. Gabriel. I quickly come up with an answer not wanting to dwell on it.

"Yeah I'm fine. If Gabriel doesn't want to be together anymore I'm totally fine with it." I say not looking August in the eyes.

"If you're fine why haven't u seen you around campus? Or in the Library being the study bug you are?"

"Because--," I struggle to come up with a probable answer. Not wanting to admit that I was actually crying and binge watching literally every show on Netflix. I wasn't fine. At all. Me and Gabriel were together for two years! You can't just end it in one day. Maybe he just got bored of me over the year and decided I wasn't good enough to spend the rest of his life with.

August was about to tell me something when his phone rang.

"Hello?" August stands up and goes into the bathroom. When he closes the door I jump up and silently go over to listen in. Having a faint idea who it could be. When I put my ear to the door and August speaks the forbidden name. It confirms I was right.

"Gabriel, really? No. Get it yourself." August pauses. "Honestly why am I always the one cleaning up your messes?" His voice went hard, no room left for joking. "Ok fine. No I'm at a friend's house. Promise dude." I took notice, that August didn't say my name. Just a friend's house. It was as if he was committing a sin coming over to his best friend's ex-girlfriend's house. When I hear footsteps coming towards the door I jump so fast back to the couch careful enough not to make a sound.

August exits the bathroom and comes to sit next to me on the couch. We don't speak for what feels like forever.  All anyone can hear for miles is my fortune cookie meeting it's demise. Finally August breaks the silence.

"Little blueberry I got to go but, if you're really ok I better see you on campus tomorrow ok?" August gave me a stern look.

"Yep! See you tomorrow!" My forced enthusiasm was almost painful. August's face was indiscernible. Sometimes I couldn't tell what he was thinking. Like right now I couldn't tell if he noticed my fake enthusiasm or not. I'm really hoping for not. Its hard enough making this crappy promise that I might not actually go through with.

August stood up with a smile on his face. "Good! I'm counting on you being there in dance tomorrow. Got it?"

I laughed a little. "Ok Mr. Ballerina." I stood up to show him the door but was pulled into a tight hug.

"You know you can talk to me right?" He said into my hair. Sending shivers down my back. I awkwardly hugged him back.

"Of course. Now off you go, got to get ready for tomorrow." I pushed him through the door.

"Thanks August, I needed a friend today." I smiled before shutting the door. Before I walked away from the door. I heard a quiet, "Any time Blueberry."

Pep talk time Luna! I thought to myself. Mentally preparing myself for what tomorrow would bring. You can do this. Right then my mother's voice entered my mind with her advice from a couple years ago when I went through my very first break up. Don't Cry Over Guys, Who Weren't Meant to be. You're a strong independent woman. I love you little Moonbear.

You're right mom. I got this.