Moving on?

Avoiding Gabriel and getting into dance class was rough. But I did it.

When I told Annabelle Gabriel was behind her she almost went to go murder him. Good thing I stopped her before she could get out her pocketknife.

One thing I just couldn't get off my mind was that Gabriel didn't have a girl hanging off his arms. In fact he looked like he was off to the side of everyone.

I continue to stretch as everyone continues to file in.

"Blueberry!" I look over to see August walk over to me in his sweat pants and white tank top.

I smile up as he reaches me on the floor stretching my splits.

"You made it! I'm so proud of you!" August joins me on the floor and starts doing his splits.

I scoff and fake a glare at him.

"Show off." August falls into his left splits as he hits his chest where his heart is. "That hurts Blue." I laugh and shove him over. Does August know about me and Gabriel? He must know. Gabriel lives with him after all.

"So. . ." Oh no here I go. "Is Gabriel here?" I slightly cringe and look away embarrassed. Why did I do that!? August looks at me and contemplates.
If August doesn't know then he'd have no problem saying yes. When August is about to answer our teacher enters the room.

"Ladies and gents let's get to work!" We all stand and go to the bars for our warmup. I look over to August who's avoiding my gaze. It shouldn't be this difficult to answer. It's just a yes or no question! Anxiety is eating through my stomach as we go through the motions. When we finished the warmup we all gather towards the front near Ms. Rogers.

"Luna, so nice of you to join us today." I smile and nod awkwardly. "Coming to a close in the semester we are going to do a big project for the upcoming dance company auditions." Every beans up. Getting into company would be any dancer's dream. Except it's not easy. The professional dancer's scrutinize everything, posture, alignment, pointed toes, etc. It's very hard but with the right focus and skills I could do it.

"The only change I'm making this year is. . ." Ms. Rogers drags out her sentence making us all wait for the twist. When she was sure we were all listening she revealed the twist. ". . . you'll all be in partners!"

Some of us beam with ideas already filling of who we'd want to pair up with and what kind of dance.

"Before you all get your hopes up, I've already assigned you all partners." Then the beam was gone filled with groans. I was fine either way as long as my voice was heard. Ms. Rogers ascends down the list of partners.

"Luna and August. . ."  Ms. Rogers continues down the list. I look over at August and he looks back at me with a smile. All traces of avoidance gone. After she went through the whole list we all moved towards our partners.

"This is good!" August says as we meet up. "Our dance skills are similar and we'll be able to put our heads together!"

I smile back and nod. "Yeah!" I really want to point out that he hasn't answered my question but end up never touching on it as we get into a deep conversation about our dance. We decided to go with a futuristic theme. About mortal enemies who become lovers (August's idea for the lover part). As our time comes to a close and we dress out. I walk out of the building feeling pretty good. Till I see someone hanging out by the trees near the dance room outside entrance. I squint to get a closer look but hear someone call my name.

"Hey Anna," I say as my friend comes over. She looks past my shoulder with a confused look. As I'm gonna look over she grabs my arm.

"It's nothing. Let's go get some lunch." Not entirely believing her but hungry for some chicken alfredo I go with her but not before sneaking a glance at a very familiar boy. I scrunch up my nose and continued walking with Anna towards her car.

Why is Gabriel following me?