Where Did We Go Wrong?

Sunday Morning

Toni woke up to a lazy morning. Sun beaming down her face. She turns and puts on some soft music and fell right back to sleep. Her phone rang a few times but she completely ignores it. It rang for the last time and finally pick it up. "Hello?".

"Hey Toni", Toni knows that voice from anywhere it was Kenny. She immediately jumps out of bed in excitement but had to play it cool. " sorry about bothering you, It just been on my mind, that we haven't written by ourself on the LMD project. I think it well overdue that it should happen."

You know that moment when you on the phone with someone and you walking around the house, touching stuff and going things because your body needs something to do. That was Toni Braxton, she was sweeping with one hand as she talks on the phone with Kenny. "Hello, toni?",

"yes! I'm here".

"So what do you say?"

"Yeah sure", every since they little hick-up that night, they haven't talk, but like Kenny said it was overdue

"um how about my house, I just bought myself a new piano; it was a gift to myself to ensure that music stays around.",Kenny smile though the phone and Toni  knew it. "see you then"

"see you then, Tone.", toni left the conversation smiling ear to ear, she hasn't heard that nickname in a long time because he's the only one that calls her that. However, she hurried up and clean the house. Wash herself up and put on something casual but sexy outfit on. Lit candles around and set refreshments on the kitchen counter.

Dust off her piano and pulled out her old songbook and began to play.

7:00pm

Toni fell asleep, Kenny rung the doorbell a few times until he tried the doorknob. The door was unlocked and he enters. She was fast asleep. Kenny notices the light candles, food on the counter and it reminds him of how Toni is always prepared and thinks about people before she considers herself. Kenny starts to tickle her neck like old-time. She finally woke up to some chocolate cookies that Kenny bought. "thank you, ken. How did you get in?"

"Your door was unlocked." Toni nods while she stuffs her face with chocolate chip cookies. Kenny walked around her home, looking at all the pictures and antiques. Kenny chuckled and pick up toni book that was laying on the piano. "what this?", toni ran over and tried to take it but Kenny insists to figure out about the book. Toni finally finishes her cookie and confess. " it's my songbook", Toni said with her arms fold.

Kenny flip through the recent page and the titles quoted . "where did we go wrong", Kenny looked up to Toni whole back turn. "Sad love song?" Kenny asked. "maybe", toni replied.

"well toni, you ready to write this song, start to finish?", toni took another bit and with a smirk on her face and said "maybe"

Toni poured both of them a glasses of white wine as they both sat on the piano. A little nervous because it been a while since they been in each other present, but that wasn't going to last.

"Ok here's what I got Ken", toni sip another glass and start to play.

For as long as I love you-