I'd Rather Be Broke

"Hey, Towanda, what you're doing here?"

It was peaking 5:56 pm, Toni was just getting started on the lyrics to the final song on Love, Marriage, and Divorce.

  "Hey Toni, I had a feeling about you", Towanda mention as she passes Toni a cup of coffee. 'Hey Towanda, could you get Kenny on the for me?". Towanda had a concerned face express as she was dialing his phone number. "You wanna talk to him yourself".

"Yes!" Toni stop what she was doing, grab the phone and walk over the window. Towanda didn't want to listen in but was too courteous on their conversation. "Hey Kenny sorry to bother, I took your advice and I wrote another song, I'll love it if you could take a listen". Toni smiling ear to ear as she chats on the phone with Kenny, They spoke almost an hour, flirting with each other on the phone. Towanda was in the kitchen cutting up some onions and is really felt up with them both.

"Alright, see you soon". As soon as Toni ended the call. Towanda eyed Toni as she enters the kitchen to get a bottle of water. "What wrong Towanda, who pissed in your cereal?" Towanda wastes no time. "Wassup with you and Kenny?" Toni played confused. "I see it all in your face, body language, the way you speak- please tell me this is just business." Toni couldn't take her face out of the refrigerator because she was smiling and blushing on the thought of Kenny. Towanda pulled Toni arm to see what was so important in the refrigerator, Toni hesitated and that when Towanda knew.

"Omg Toni no" Towanda yelled. "Aint he engaged to a girl named Nicole?" Toni looks doleful at what Towanda spoke but remains civil because it was the truth. However, the "truth" was never around. "What's your point", Toni asked. "My point is, you see the train a mile away, don't let it hit you and cry victim." Toni got tight and ask Towanda to leave.

"Maybe it is wrong, but honestly I don't care", Toni said as she sat by the piano and sings a beautiful to the keys.

"Baby, I've been thinking
Been in this thing too long
I wanna be through
I'm sick and tired of you"

Toni began to write and pour her heart out to the 'nothing in her home.

"And lately, I've been thinking
Just because your money's strong
Don't mean you can do
The things that you do"

Toni throwing down lyric after lyric until she stumped upon a surprise visitor. Kenny came from behind and started clapping and applauding to Toni's beautiful voice. "Ken!" Toni shouted. "What and how did you get here?" She jumped up out her seat and throw her whole body upon Kenny causing him to stumble. "lol I'm sorry." They peck a kiss and walked into the kitchen for refreshment.

"I thought you weren't going to be here until tomorrow?" Kenny stood silent, leaning down on my kitchen counter, he didn't say a word. "Something wrong Ken?", Something was on his mind that day and it was standing right in front of him. Toni walked over and remove his shades. He blurted out something Toni would never expect him to say. "What if we were supposed to be together?" Toni stood still, thinking and analyzing Kenny emotion and body language. "You just talking" Toni walked away in denial of it all, dismissing him and his feeling and hers too.

"So I'm just talking Toni." Kenny followed Toni into her room, just to get slams in the face by the door. She balled herself up and cried. However, those blue tears weren't sad, those were cries of joy and happiness. She finally felt herself being wanted by another.

By Kenny 'Babyface' Edmonds.

By a man who just couldn't detect his next move.

Keri who, When a man like Kenny could make you forget you ain't even have an ex-husband; that when you know. It wasn't real. Toni stood still in the bathroom and just wrote 'I'd Rather Be Broke. Those white tile on the bathroom floor really is an inspiration to Toni also. Kenny left. He regretted even coming and just only remember the slam to the door in his face.