I Hope That You're Okay

"Alright Ken, we down to the nitty-gritty on the album. We then cover every emotion on the album; got anything else?" Kenny shook his head immediately and Daryl took the sign that there was something else that was still bothering him. "Come on Kenny, something on your mind, go ahead and let it out". Kenny adjusted his chair and chuckled a little.

"Remember when we first started our Record Company, like around 1989s", Daryl shake his head so sarcastically. "Yea Kenny, I wasn't present at all, but continue."

"But the day I was selling my home, I meant Tracey, she came running down the street and had a big beautiful smile that I couldn't resist. We conversat some and she was expressing how she was a real estate agent and would assist me in looking for a home, so surprisedly right? She was just so beautiful, I thought it was a sign that she was mine. I Mean man think about it. Out of nowhere, this gorgeous woman comes running to me, in a time that I needed someone and also home. Daryl chuckled but interrupt him. "But you didn't love her, you love her beauty."

"And I'm not disagreeing with you", Daryl was surprised. "Wow". Silent was it, they both didn't say anything. "What else, Ken?", Daryl asked. "I Ask her for lunch one day, brung flowers, candles, so she hinted it was more than business", Daryl was disgusted on how 14 years was wasted.

"Fast forward we were married. She said yes and although I feel like she really didn't love me either, we were still together. So, when she walked down the aisle it was like I was marrying a woman whom soul I didn't know anything about. "Wow", Daryl knew Kenny for over 25 years and didn't know these feelings that he's claiming right now.

"Year after Year just flow away, she was a good wife and a mother. Daryl interrupts and questions why Kenny said it like that. "and a mother". Kenny just looked. "I didn't want kids, with her", Daryl looked confused about the difference of what he saw. "But you were so happy and looking forward to it".

"Man, I just fell into it, what was I suppose to say? after 2 years of marriage, she was pregnant and it would have been selfish of me to tell how I really feel at that time. Even though my feeling wasn't true...- I just couldn't do it, man." Kenny said enough and Daryl put all the pieces together, finally.

"Where did Toni come in at", Daryl asked. Kenny blushes hard, trying to cover it. He vents even more. "This probably going to sound cliche but the day that I audition Toni was the day I fell in love," Kenny spoke as if this was rehearsal over and over again in his mind. "After the rehearsal, we sign Toni, we started recording right away. Hearing the way her voice ruffle though the melody was just a beautifulest sound that I have ever heard, That voice. She was the one."

"But Kenny you falling in love with the physical things before anything else", Daryl interjected. "That maybe true but to this day I'm in love with her and I ain't even with Toni". Catching Daryl off guard he was right. Being someone soulmate doesn't mean you have to be with them in this lifetime. "So, Toni and I started hanging out, nothing physical just watch Star Wars and out to eat a few times, and I just love-like really love being around her. When I started to really enjoy myself and not overthink around her, I knew she was the one; but I had a situation- mean a wife."

As Kenny emptied his heart out, Daryl had his phone underneath the table, while Kenny venting, Daryl jocks down some intriguing words that came out, and before he knew it was a whole song in his notes. "Man I'm over here explaining my situation and you're on your phone". Daryl didn't say a word but just show it instead. Before Kenny could explain further, Toni came through the door. "Hey Guys, sorry I'm late". Kenny and Daryl smile at each other for a minute before speaking. "You're actually right on time, we are just starting on Kenny's solo song on the album", Daryl greeted.

"Aw, so you really don't need me, today?", Toni questioned. "I think I do", replied Kenny. Daryl wrote the chorus down and gave the sheet of paper to Kenny. Kenny sat by the microphone and put on his headphones and began to sing from his heart.

you know I love you
But I really don't see this happening anymore
you know I love you
But really don't think that it's worth fighting for
and although I love you
There's something I need to say
I done thought a lot about it
and I think I'm gonna leave today.

Toni sat in the corner and smile brightly at Kenny. Kenny sang his first note and amazed her. She figures out that this song was for Tracey which caught her off guard a little.

But I hope that you're okay
you know
I just hope that we are good
you know, that the feeling mutual
we can work it out
and go our separate ways
I just hope that you're ok
you know
I hope that you're okay
you know

That big bright smile that was on Toni's face disappears. Toni learns through his lyric that he spent 14 years with a woman he didn't even love. Toni is quick to put the pieces together, especially with Kenny. She had so many questions surrounding this very song.

Kenny could feel Toni's emotions through her smile. He paused at the bridge of the song. "Daryl gives me and Toni 5 minutes", Daryl nodded and proceeded to step out. Kenny steps out of the booth and watches Toni look completely away from him. "Everything alright", Kenny asked. "Yes, of course", Toni quickly said making it unreal to accept.

Toni was so over it, she was tired of it all. Kenny emotion, the lack of confidence, his insecurities. She played neutral and that the thing Kenny hated. "Listen I know you heard what L.A said that day and I want to let you know that"- before Kenny could finish his sentence Toni start walking out the door. "What, where you going?', Kenny grabs her arm stopping her from touching that doorknob. She stood face front to the door, she slowly turns around at Kenny, who was very much involved in her emotional.

"Why would you stay in the marriage if you weren't happy, Ken?", Kenny thought Toni was upset about what L.A said, but being in a 14-year marriage was more upsetting. Kenny sigh and walked back by the booth with his head down. The red paint that was on the wall echoes the beat of his heart. Kenny finally spoke but was interrupted by toni again. "You pick Tracey over me, and you ain't even love her?"

"Listen, Toni, I-", Toni interrupted him again. "What true feeling you had with me if you didn't even love her?"Toni began her rant on her thought of the situation. "Listen! Toni stop", Kenny grab Toni's shoulders to calm her down.

Daryl knocks on the door interrupting them both. "Can we talk about this later", they both agree and went back to the normal Studio Session.

"Let's Take it back tonight at 8"

Shout out to Sweetreeka22 for collaborating with me on this chapter 💕