Please don't leave 'us'

Trigger warnings: mentions of panic attacks, implied bullying.

Pattons PoV
I sat with Emile at lunch once again. I enjoyed sitting with him because he was my best and only friend and we were so common in so many ways. We even looked alike.

We talked and laughed as we ate and shared our lunches. His parents disapproved of our friendship but we didn't let that stop us, after all they didn't know what was happening in school.

I shook the thoughts of our parents away knowing it would lead me down a dark hole of thoughts and reminders. I continued with our conversation. "There's a Steven Universe convention in the summer in Arizona. We could meet up there for a week, it's lasts two week." Emile said smiling. I nodded excitedly and took my chocolate bar and snapped it in half giving Emile the largest piece. Emile took it and ate it. I saw sadness fill his eyes and he looked at me. "Promise you'll keep in touch."
"Of course I will, We'll text every night and you can help me with my homework and I'll help you with yours and we'll call every weekend." I reassured pulled Emile into a tight hug. He hugged back and sighed shakily,

"I'm going to miss you..." he was cut off by chanting. "Who's the emo freak?!" I recognised the voice. Tom was stood on a table stomping his foot to the rhythm of the chanting and the response of his table. "Virgil!" Yelled around ten people at once. "Who's the emo freak?!" He yelled again louder this time. The response was louder and had more people. Then another chant and another.

I looked over and saw a boy our age dressed in black get up. Even from the other side of the cafeteria I could see he was starting to hyperventilate and panic. He rushed out of the room in the directions of the bathroom. I presumed he was Virgil and I stood up ready to go after him.

Emile pulled me back down and into I hug. I leant on him grateful. He knew that I would be too emotionally unstable by the time I got to the bathroom to help Virgil.

The lunch period ended and Emile and I got up and left the cafeteria quickly. We walked to my class and hugged again. "I'll see you after school" Emile promised before letting go and walking down the hall leaving me. Sighing I walked into the class and sat down.