Thats not what's supposed to happen

Virgils PoV
I received a message from an unknown user which a photo of names and a text saying it was their hitlist. I played it off as a joke and got ready for school.

I knew today was going to be worse due to bruises and cuts all over my body and I had physical education, which meant getting changed in the locker rooms. I didn't have enough makeup to hide everything. There was also risk of me passing out from lack of energy, dehydration or starvation.

I arrived at school and pulled my hood up and went to my locker avoiding everyone. Arriving at my locker I froze . Spray painted on my locker were death threats, slurs and the words hitlist #2. A crowd had formed and whispers and mumbles seemed to echo in my mind. The sound of 20 phones silenced everyone and at the same time we all grabbed our phones. @ hitlist25 has posted a new photo. I didn't know how the message popped up on my phone. I never followed the profile let alone turned on the post notifications.

I clicked on it to see the post. It was a photo of a marble headstone smashed and cracked. Dead flowers littered the ground. The caption read, Romans dark secret. @ Prince_Roman_Star was tagged, I recognised him from last night when he saw me. Crying... no sobbing". I shuddered in embarrassment and looked at the photo again. Etched into the stone was a name Remus Star.

Talking erupted again and I looked around to find a way out. Catching my eye I saw Roman slam his locker closed which was also was spray painted and run from the school.

                                   ☆☆☆

P. E came around too quickly and rushed to a corner where I could change in peace and not be noticed. I managed to get changed before anyone I hated came in.

I sat in the gymnasium and tied up my laces waiting for our teacher. Mr. Wills came in and announced we would be running laps around the field. I groaned along with two other boys who were sat to my left. The two had freckles, glasses and blue eyes. The boy closest to me introduced him as Emile Picani. He had brown hair where as Patton Smith had blond hair. The three of us exchanged smiled and I introduced myself as Virgil. All of us were on the list.

The three of us ran together and talked about everything but the list. Did they know about it? Emile mentioned it half hour into the lesson as we took a break. "I'm sure it's just coincidence that Roman was targeted..." Emile said trying to sound positive. Patton nodded hesitantly. I held onto the railing by me tightly. "Virgil?" Patton asked concerned looking at me. I nodded and looked at them.

The work started spinning faster and faster. I couldn't feel the railing and I heard Emile yell my name. I landed on the floor with a small thud and someone came running over. I wanted to curl up but I couldn't move. Everything went black and I lost feeling.

Hitlist जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें