Dead flowers

Trigger warnings: bullying, angst.

Romans PoV
As soon as I saw the message pop up and show my brothers grave broken I ran to the cemetery as quickly as I could. He had a space under a tree and I reached it.

As the picture showed his headstone was smashed and broken dead flowers littering the ruined grass. I fell to my knees and sobbed. This can't be happening. I pinched myself and of course, it hurt. This isn't a dream.

The white flowers were burnt and extra ones I didn't put there had their petals ripped off and thrown around. I picked up a flower was the least ruined and held it close to my chest calming down. Who would do this... how did they know. Idiot everyone knows it was on the news.

I calmed down a while later and leant against the tree catching my breath. I heard a small thud and looked up to see a guy around my age wearing ripped jeans, white shirt and a leather jacket.

His sunglasses fell to his face, which he promptly put back on his head.

"You must be Roman Star" he noted and I nodded. "I'm sorry" he added looking at the broken grave.

Sympathy filled his eyes and I just shrugged not wanting to be reminded. I got up and approached him, he flinched at this but I ignored it.

"My names Remy Sanders" I recognised his name. "I'm on the list as well" I nodded and rubbed my arm from the cold.

"Was your locker spray painted too?" I asked and he nodded "personal attacks." He mumbled looking down.

"What number was yours?" Mine was painted 1. He replied saying 6. He looked concerned.

Both of our phones vibrated, we pulled it out. I had been added to a group chat with 5 other people. All of us were on the list. @ Patton.cake, who I presumed was Patton, @ Logan.hawkins, @ Emile_cartoons and @ virge_ we're easy to figure out. Then it was me and @ coffee_bean who was Remy.

Patton has sent seven photos, each of our lockers numbered 1-6 and the post about remuss grave. Logan sent a message explaining how these attacks would be happening in order due to it starting with me and each of us having a number.

I looked back at the photos and saw Virgil's locker had a 2 sprayed on it with red paint.

Emile: we should have a meeting. To get to know each other.
Patton: my house after school? Virgil should be ok by then
Logan: what happened to Virgil?
Emile: he can tell you himself when he's ready.

Remy and I stood confused and shocked. Patton sent is the address and I put my phone away.

"So I'll see you after school?" Remy said turning on his heel. I nodded "yeah..." with that he walked away disappearing and leaving me alone again. The wind picked up again and I shivered in my thin jacket.

I headed home planning on skipping the rest of the day, not being in the right mental state. I reread the address an put it in my GPS so I was ready to go.