Going from bad to worse

Trigger warnings: abuse, implying suicide.

Remy PoV
I dropped Roman off first, his house was quite big with large windows and a big garden.
Then I drove to Virgil's. His house was worse than mine. Broken windows boarded up with cardboard, a rotting door and a roof close to collapsing.

"Thanks" Virgil mumbled before getting out and walking into his house.

I looked at the time and swore. 8:45 pm. My curfew was at 9 and I lived 20 minutes away.

Slamming on the engine I drove back to my house pushing the speeding limits.

I got home and rushed in at 8:59. My mother was in the hall, hand on her hip and tapping her foot.

"Where were you?" She shrieked moving towards me.

"A-at a friends house" I stuttered trying to make my way to the stairs.

She stopped me and slapped me across the face, her long acrylic nails scratching my cheek drawing blood. I refused to react. She slapped him again. This time I flinched.

"You're grounded." She spat.
"What why?" I tried to keep my temper under control.

"Because I'm your mother and I said so, also you were out after your curfew." Calming myself I stepped back so I wouldn't slap her eyebrows off.

"No... my curfew is 9, I got here at 8:59, which is a full minute before curfew." I smirked to myself.

Anger filled my mothers eyes. But instead of slapping me she grabbed my wrist, her nails digging into me. She dragged me me down the hall stopping in front of a door under the stairs. "No... no no no" I begged desperately trying to get out of her grip.

In response she opened the door and shoved me into the closet and locked the door. The closet wasn't much bigger than me, my shoulders skimmed the walls.

I slammed my hand on the door. Then resorted to my heeled boot. After a while I sank to the floor defeated. I cried as the room seemed to shrink in on me.

I couldn't remember what happened but the next morning I was dragged out by my mom. She kicked me in the side and walked to the door.

"Don't expect me to be back until Monday." She half yelled, clearly drunk. She left slamming the door causing me to flinch. Today was Wednesday.

It wasn't unusual that she left for days with no food or unpaid bills or rent causing power or head to go off.

Getting up I got ready for school applying makeup in my car. I took the advantage of the lack of parental figures in my life m.

I arrived at school and joined the newly formed friend group. The were in a gap between two sets of lockers. Emile and Patton stood next to each other, Logan was stood next to Patton their hands grazing each other's. I smiled to myself. They don't make it subtle at all. Roman was stood in front of them. All of them had worried expressions.

I noticed Virgil was missing.

Our phone buzzed and we all pulled them out. It was a message from Virgil.

Virgil: thank you for the brief time we were friends. If I do this everything will stop. If it doesn't work they will finish the job. Goodbye.