Death Proof

Lexy was currently sitting in the sitting room of the Cooper's house. The parents of Riverdale were interrogating their children about the drug infested party they had attended at Nick Sinclair's apartment the night before.

Lexy didn't have anything to do with it, considering she wasn't at the party, but she wanted to see what was going down.

"From this moment on, bringing the Southside under control is my number one priority as mayor, even if it means raising it to the ground or arresting every single Serpent in sight, starting at that high school, so be it."

Lexy's mind immediately went to Jughead. Toni. All those Serpents who came to her door a few nights ago. They're all at that high school right now.

Mayor McCoy left the Cooper's house with Josie in toe, hanging her head in shame. Lexy was quick to leave right after them, ignoring her father calling after her.

She ran all the way to Southside High, praying she would make it there before the mayor and the police department did.

'COME OUTSIDE NOW AND BRING ALL THE SERPENTS WITH YOU!' Jughead read on his phone.

A text from Lexy. He barely had a chance to think about what it meant before the woman herself burst through the side door of Southside High.

"Jughead!" She exclaimed. "We gotta get out of here!"

"What? Why-"

"Everyone, Mayor McCoy is about to raid this place. She's planning on arresting every serpent she sees. You all need to get out of her now-"

But before she could finish her warning, Mayor McCoy, Sheriff Keller and the rest of the police department burst through the doors of Southside High and within ten seconds they already had about eight serpents being patted down.

Lexy dragged Jughead out of the hallway as they watched serpents getting handcuffed left and right.

She noticed the tall serpent guy who came to her door a few nights ago get pushed up against the lockers and restrained by the cops. She also saw Toni get handcuffed and almost had to wrestle Jughead out the door to stop him from getting caught too.

"Lexy, we've gotta help them! You like the Serpents! You're friends with Toni and you're just gonna hang them out to dry!?" He asked in disbelief.

"No, I'm not." Lexy replied simply, continuing to walk.

"What do you mean?"

"You'll see."

***

"I don't understand. Who's responsible for getting us out?" Toni asked the police officer who had just let her and several other Serpents out of their holding cell.

"I'm afraid I can't give you that information."
He replied shortly, clearly disgusted that they were serpents.

Toni looked at her two friends and fellow serpents, Sweetpea and Fangs who shared her confused look.

Sweetpea huffed and rolled his eyes. "Let's just get out of here."

"I just don't get it. Who would try help us get out of jail and actually succeed?" Fangs wondered.

The three reached the front room of the Sheriff's Station only to see Lexy Andrews standing at the front counter finishing up a conversation with Sheriff Keller. When she noticed the serpents watching her from afar, she simply gave them a quick grin and then walked out the doors, not saying a word to them.

"Who was that?" Sweetpea asked, staring at the doors.

"That was Lexy. You know, the one you met the other night?" Toni reminded them.