The Hills Have Eyes (Part 1)

Lexy's brother getting to go away to Veronica's lodge in Shadow Lake for the weekend only rubbed it in Lexy's face that she was grounded and couldn't go anywhere other than school. It drove her crazy. Usually she would find her way around it but now that Archie wasn't there to distract her father, he would be keeping a close eye on her.

Tap.

Lexy ignored what she presumed to be a bird pecking on her window. Fred always meant to get that nest off the roof.

Tap. Tap.

"Stupid birds." She rolled her eyes, continuing her homework.

TAP.

That wasn't a bird. She rolled off her bed and pushed back the satin curtains. She looked up in the sky and down into the street. Nothing was there. Just as she was about to turn back to her bed, however, a rock bounced off the window right in front of her face. Lexy jumped and looked in the direction of which the rock was fired. Why was she even surprised by the sight of none other than Sweetpea standing in her driveway?

"Sweetpea!?" She whisper-yelled as she opened the window letting the cool night air wander into her bedroom. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to save the princess from her tower." He whisper yelled back, throwing the rest of the pebbles back into the flower pot he had got them from.

"So what? That makes you the knight in shining armor?"

"More like knight in shining leather."

She laughed and rolled her eyes as he brushed his jacket.

"Well I'm sorry sir knight but I must deny your rescue as the palace guards are on duty." She said in 'princess talk'.

"But fair princess, didn't you tell me that you always sneak away from the palace guards when you're supposed to be trapped in your fortress?" Sweetpea questioned, joining in.

"Good memory sir knight, but as my brother the prince is away, that means all eyes are now focused on me and I don't stand a chance."

"Good point fair princess but now that night has fallen the guards are probably off duty and gone to their bed chambers to slumber..."

"Sir knight, the guards are never fully off duty. They will awaken from their slumber as soon as my stirrings are heard in the hallways of the castle."

"Fair princess, you are coming up with a lot of good excuses but I'm afraid I will not take no for an answer."

"Sir knight, I'm afraid it's not my decision to make."

Sweetpea sighed but was not prepared to give up yet. "Come on, fair princess. I know how much you love my noble steed. I'm gonna take you for a drive."

As tempting as it sounded, Lexy remained stern and shook her head. "Sweetpea, I mean it, I can't. If my dad finds out, he'll murder me. And then my blood will be on your hands." She ranted.

Sweetpea waved dismissively. "You think I'm not used to that?"

There was a long silence where Lexys eyes almost popped out of her head. "Have a nice evening, Sweetpea." She turned back into her room.

"Andrews, I was kidding!"

"Well you should think about becoming a freaking comedian!" She shot back as she returned to her window.