Manhunter

Everyone hates Mondays. But Lexy could guarantee that nobody was dreading going into school this Monday more than her. And she had good reason to believe so. She took a deep breath before opening the main doors.

It wasn't as bad as she thought. She expected to feel eyes on her. Not just regular eyes... but pitying eyes. Which was even worse. But somehow she managed to make it all the way to her locker without anything out of the ordinary happening. Maybe nobody would care. Maybe they might just leave her alone?

But then she was proven wrong.

"Hey Lexy. How are you doing?" A voice said from behind her.

Lexy turned around to see Theo, a friend of Archie's from the basketball team, with a concerned look on his face. He was with a couple of friends.

"I'm good." She plastered on a smile.

"That's good. I was afraid you might be a little freaked out about the whole Archie breakout thing."

Lexy could feel the sarcasm bubbling up inside of her. He was just trying to be nice, he wasn't going about it in the best way, but it would just be rude to be snarky in return.

"No, I'm doing fine. I'll see you guys later then."

She shut her locker door and made her way to the science classroom. She would be fifteen minutes early, but at least she'd get to be alone.

"Lexy!" Once again she was stopped by another voice.

"Hey Shanon." She greeted the girls soccer star in front of her.

"Have you heard from Archie at all?"

Lexy sighed at the girl's lack of subtlety. "No. I haven't."

"Well, do you know anything about how he got out... Because if you do you can tell me. I swear I wouldn't tell anyone." She leaned in closer.

At least the basketball guys seemed to have good intentions. Shanon just wanted gossip. And she had no shame about how she was getting it.

"I don't know a thing. But if he is found, I'm sure everyone in the town will know."

"You're probably right. I mean, it is a criminal manhunt."

As if Lexy didn't already know.

"Yeah, thanks Shanon."

As she walked down the hallway, she was starting to feel the eyes that she thought she had avoided. Everyone either felt sorry for her, or thought she knew something about where Archie was. She let out a sigh of relief when she entered the science classroom.

"Hey Lexy!"

She jumped when she heard yet another voice. She had thought she was alone. Apparently not. There were two guys and a girl sat at the back of the classroom. Lexy knew the girl, Dana. They were lab partners in their sophomore year.

"Hey Dana." She said after a while. "Sorry, I thought I would be the only one here."

She then took her seat near the front of the classroom.

"Hey, we were wondering if-" Dana started but Lexy stood up and slammed her hands on the table before she could say another word.