Chapter: 4 Initiation

Y/N POV

So, I woke up, but not on the beam I was sleeping on. Instead, I woke up on the ground and saw a bunch of people head towards what looked like to be a locker room and I followed them. Apparently, all Students are meant to have their own locker. I went through my pockets and found a number 2. I guess I don't have to walk that far.

Yang POV

OH, THANK OUM HE'S STILL ALIVE!! I don't know what I would've done if I actually killed him. Ruby still thinks of him as a criminal, but I really hope he doesn't remember that I was the one that punched him. It didn't sound like he knew. So, me and Ruby were talking about some things before initiation began and we ended up at teams. I was saying how I didn't want to be on her team to help her break out of her shell and she replied with, "I don't need people to grow. I drink milk!" To which I laughed at.

Y/N POV

I headed to my locker and I saw other people around it. I walked through them all to reach my locker and one of them asked me, "Hey! What are you doing!?"
"Getting to my locker, good sir." I tip my hat. 'And if we weren't at school, I'd beat you black and blue,' I thought to myself.
"Oh, well sorry, didn't think that was anyone's locker." He said in a way that could make him sound more... sheepish than sorry.
"No worries. Truth be told I just woke up with a number inside my pocket and assumed it was for my locker, Mister..."
"Oh! My name is Nitro Danger. What's yours?"
"Pardon me for not telling it earlier, but my name is Y/N. Just Y/N." Me and the guy were talking for a bit until we heard one of the other surrounding people and on second look, they were all girls. There were like 10 of them.
"Um, I'm sorry, but we were having a serious conversation with him." One of the girls said. Oh Oum, they sound like snotty brats, I hope I don't get on a team with them.
"They were asking me if I was single, to which I replied 'yes' and then they surrounded me. It was forced."
"Well, follow me, I can see ways to get out of this predicament." I said to help him.
"Okay."

I grabbed his hand and booked it out of the nearest window while apologising to the girls. "Well now that we're out here, what do we do, sir Nitro?"
"Oh, please. Just call me Dan. All my friends do! If I had any..."
Man, that's sad! "But Dan, don't you already have a friend?" I say while pointing my thumbs at me. Just then, we heard an announcement for all first years to head to the cliff and we complied.

"I do hope we're on the same team, Dan."
"I do hope we're on the same team, Y/N," Dan says whilst doing an impression of me, which was really good. We then leave each other to find an empty pad, I found mine next to the Blondie and the Girl In Red. There's this one person that keeps asking questions that I could never ask. Although, the bastard Ozpin won't answer them properly.

I then feel wind, I look down and notice that I'm in the air, nearing the ground. Before I can hit the ground I use my knife, with its extended length, to stab into a tree and swing my way onto the ground. I walk towards where I think the temple is and hope I am on a good team.

I continue to make my way there and stop when I hear something rustling in the bushes. I wait for it to move and it was a beowolf that most likely strayed from the pack. I hit it with my knife a couple times while it was still in the air. Then it died and dissipated. ' Oum, I hope nobody saw that.'
Sadly, someone saw that and came up to me, saying, "That was so cool!! You were like BAM! KABAM! And then you were like 'You're already dead' and it was like 'NANI!?!?' before it died!" 'Welp, this sucks,' I think.
"Thank you, but I suppose we are partners and we should learn each other's names." I say while still walking. "I am Y/N, just Y/N."
"Oh, sorry! I'm Kirks, Cole Kirks. But man that was awesome!" He continued with that as we were still walking to the temple.

I see Dan with a girl, who looked not interested in him and Dan looked thankful at this fact. He then saw me and waved me over. So me and my partner, who I don't know what gender Cole is, went over to him.
"Y/N!" He says while going for a handshake, to which I go in very firm. "This is Lapis Schnee, who is the twin sister of Weiss Schnee! And she's MY partner!"
"Good for you my friend, and hello m'lady." I say while taking a bow, "This is my partner, Cole Kirks." I continued, gesturing to Cole.
Nitro and Lapis had an shocked look on their faces and Cole just awkwardly waved at them. "Before you say anything, yes I am and please don't treat me as such. I wanted to be a hunter to get away from family, not be reminded of them." Okay, so Cole is important, but how?
"Well, we shouldn't dillydally any longer, let's get going- To the temple!"

We made it to the temple and both of our teams chose the White Pawn and then we booked it for the cliff.