Chapter: 6 Breaking The News Is Tougher Than You Think

Y/N POV

It's the first fucking day and he wants to send me and my team all the way to Vacuo, for something I don't even know if it exists? Well, now I hate him even more. "Is this revenge on breaking your mug?" He had a shocked look on his face and I realised that he didn't know it was me. I screwed up. "How do I know if it even exists, in the first place?"
"Because it's part of a set of 5, each holding different powers and you're going there on foot." He gains a smile, but an even bigger one forms on me.
"Oh, man that's some distance and I was JUST thinking I needed some time away from school. So how do you know about the set of 5? Are you actually a crime boss?"
"I know of them because we have two of them in our custody and no. I am currently not a crime boss," 'So, he's an underling in this mafia.'
"Okay, I accept. I need to inform my teammates of this mission. I will take my leave."
But before I could go down the elevator, Ozpin said, "If your teammates do not want to go on this mission, then you are going alone."

Oum, that was stupid of me accepting this mission. Should've known he was thinking that and I still think he's a criminal boss or someone very high up on the scale. As I was making my way back to class, I notice that classes are done until, what I assume is lunch, is over. I go to the cafeteria to see if I could find them and that's a lot of people.

Olivia POV

Okay, so my team was talking with team LCN which we found at the beginning of lunch and hung out with them. I asked who was their team leader and Nitro Danger responded with, "He's not here right now and he probably wouldn't want his name to be given to strangers." So, it's not one of them? Is it another celebrity?
While I was thinking about this, the same dude from last night showed up in the regular school outfit, but the way he wore it was as if it was special and had no meaning to it at the same time. He pulls out a piece of paper and taps Cole Kirks, who was in the middle of the three then gave Cole the piece of paper.
"Heya, Y/- Owww! What was that for?!" Nitro says while going to, I assume rub his foot under the table and giving Cole a look for 'Why?'

Cole POV

I don't know why, but I was given a piece of paper by Y/N that said 'Scooch over a seat or two away from me and act like you don't know me. P.S. One tap is change the topic. Two taps means get ready to catch a card and Three means let's leave' I got confused, but complied. Dan tried to say hi to Y/N so I stomped his foot and tried pushing him to the left, while Y/N was silent as if focused on his food, but he wasn't. I secretly pull Lapis with us as we scooched away from the team leader. This looked like we didn't want to sit close to him, I hope that was what he wanted.

Olivia POV

They were scooching away from the guy from last night, acting as if they didn't want to be close to him. So, me and my team, who were BIG fans of them, scooched away from him as well.
"So, how was your first day?" I ask team LCN, minus their leader who was somewhere.
Nitro said, "Aw, it's just fine except on how boring it was! Like why did we have to listen to Mr. Port's story!"

Cole POV

Y/N taps his finger once and I know to change the topic. "So, do you people have any siblings?" I ask.
The one named Olivia L/N says, "Yes! I do! I have a brother who's 4 years older than me! And I had a pet who ran away..." Damn, that was a sad way to end that conversation. I see Y/N tense up at the word pet, but I thought 'Questions for later.'
Then Peter Animal spoke, "I have 5 brother's and 1 sister, who I could tell you about." He winks at Dan, who winked back and I understood.
Then, Abigail spoke, "No, I'm an only child. Sometimes I wish I had brothers or sisters." No you do not. She can't possibly understand how awful it is having a brother or a sister.
Lastly, Lucas spoke up, "I have an older brother." And then he quietened down again.

I saw Y/N tap twice and prepared myself to catch it as he looked at my arm and threw the card straight into my fingers. I then looked down to see writing that said 'Can you ask her the name of that pet?' Weird question, but I did.
She answered with a, "Oh, his name was Y/N, he was a dog, quite a feisty one, but I still loved him." As she answered, I thought that would please him, but now he was clenching his teeth either out of anger or sadness. I then realise she said his name, but no it couldn't be, he couldn't love her! There's just no way that he loves her! Or is there? I looked over at him, but he was suddenly gone to who knows where. So was Peter. Where did those two go?

Y/N POV

Just as I was about to signal for them to get out of there, I felt a hand on my shoulder, then I was in another room. I couldn't see, but I could feel a metallic object against my neck.
Then, next was a voice, "So, who are you? Why were you doing something?" I recognised him as Peter Animal.
"Well, if you really wanna know, Peter I have a grudge against someone on that table and was seeing if I could find something to use against them." He wanted to know, but he's not getting the full picture.