Chapter: 9 The Wanderer

??? POV

I was walking around the desert, like normal before I heard some flute playing. I started running over there before I see a bunch of kids going to attack a Deathstalker. They seemed prepared, but they weren't quick enough and I used my revolver, Ace, to kill it. I walked towards them until I notice who they were. They were famous, but they were here in Vacuo.
I heard a, "C'mon guys, we gotta go." From an unknown voice. I looked around closer than before and didn't see a fourth guy. "So, what're you going to do? Are you going to kill us? Throw us to a person that wants them dead, or ransom them?" I heard the same voice from behind and turned to look to see no one.
"Where are you!?" I yell, while activating my semblance to look for someone alive and there's nothing.
"Answer the question, good sir." I hate this sand! Can't see anything.
"Fine, I was going to talk nicely with them and inform them on who wants them, then see if they wanted to get out of this god forsaken dessert." I answer the voice.

Then, I see someone with some style walk towards me with the three from earlier.

"I am The Wanderer, I tell those who are wanted the people after them and maybe, just maybe, help them live

"I am The Wanderer, I tell those who are wanted the people after them and maybe, just maybe, help them live." I use my semblance on the guy and again nothing. How?
"Well, we actually have a mission here in Vacuo, Wanderer. Have you heard any stories about a ring with great power?" The green haired man told me.
"Yes, but you are foolish to go after it. Over 1 million people have gone after it, but no one's even seen it."

Y/N POV

Wait, wait, wait. If no one's seen it, then how did Ozpin get a picture of it? "And it's location?" I hear Dan ask.
"Hell, I'm the only one that's gone after it and lived by walking into that damned cave and out. If you're serious about going after it, know this; Be prepared against all Faunas around you and you can't go twice into the cave." Well, let's see if he can help us get stronger.
"So, do you think you can help us live throughout these lands? After all, I've lived nearly half my life in a forest, but these guys? They lived all their life in luxury." I say while pointing back at the other three rich people.
"Makes sense, but only if one of you can defeat me." The Wanderer says.

"I'll go first." I say while walking to the man who's like 6'2", confidently. I strike first with a straight stab, he dodges and goes for a straight jab with his fists, hiding his weapon. My team is cheering me on in the background or they're screaming for me to lose. I struck with my free hand and held onto the arm he used to block then went for a stab to which he directed away, I headbutt him and he headbutted back. I stomped on his foot then kicked his stomach causing him to jump away. I ran towards him and tried punching him and fooled him with a fake uppercut then stabbed him at a non-lethal area.

"Stop!" He says to me holding out his hand, "It'll be night soon and we gotta get some warmth. What? You think it's hot even at night? Nope, it's very cold. So we need to get going." We follow him for a bit and see a home, which he tells us is his and to sleep in it. My teammates went to sleep, but I needed to ask him a few questions.
"Hello there, Wanderer. May I ask what is your name and who's house is this? Because I don't see why a Wanderer would need a house."
"It's the L/N's family house. Now hol' up, I ain't one of them. My name was Drake L/N, your uncle and I am now The Wanderer. My brother died about two years after you left and I was given the house, so I moved it to the desert. I let your sister and brother have an allowance to live in a room, get education and have a normal life. I went after the cave and lost my friends. Be prepared, I was thrown out by my best friend Thomas Gnome, who was Cole's uncle." He explained a lot of things that shocked me especially since my father died.

"M-My father died? Woohoo! That's great news! Hello uncle, I am Y/N L/N your nephew." He grew a shocked expression, that stated he didn't know me.
"I-I didn't even know I had a second nephew. Why should I trust you? Why weren't you there whenever I visited?" Now that's odd, he should've at least known I was alive.
"Might be because he didn't want people to know he had a son that didn't give him respect."
"He always did want respect from everyone, though I would rather die than give him any. Your sister went crazy and started calling you her pet, so never talk to her again unless if you're sure you could beat her and all her friends. Your brother hasn't been heard from in years. Though he did give me a message for you, 'You will be a great man, if you give up your hatred. But that's what'll make you an even better one. Use your rage and you might kill both of us.' Weird, ain't it?"
"No, he always did say cryptic stuff like that when we were alone, well we better get some sleep, right?" I say while patting him on the back and leaving for the house and waiting for morning.