Chapter 78

I ran over to George and hugged him as tears escaped my eyes.

"It was just a misunderstanding, George." Eric said.

"A misunderstanding? You tried to force me into giving you a child! You were about to rape me! With my daughter in the house!" The sound of things falling caught our attention, and we turned around to see Pattie standing there in shock, and the groceries on the floor.

Eric shook his head. "George. Pattie. Are you really going to believe her over an old friend and your husband?" He looked at George and Pattie, and I fixed my jeans and stood by Pattie. "I'm sorry..." She looked at me and tears filled her bright, blue eyes. "It's not your fault..."

"I can't even leave me wife with me good friend without ye tryin anything!" George yelled, which again was rare, and he walked over to Eric and his first balled up and he punched Eric straight in the nose, then once again at his jaw.

"George! Stop!" Pattie said, pulling George off of Eric. George was just full of pure anger, just waiting to unload it on Eric.

Pattie helped Eric up before slapping him across the face. "I'm tired of putting up with your bull crap. I'm done! I'm done! I am done!" She took off her wedding ring and threw it at him before storming past us and going to what I assume is their room.

"F*ck ye, mate." George said softly, and he turned to me, and his anger turned into worry. "Are ye alright?" He pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead. "Y-Yeah. I'm okay." I said, hugging him back. "Let's go home."

He took Zuri's car seat, which she had fallen asleep in, and we put her in the car. "Wait!" Pattie said as she ran towards our car. "C-Can I please stay with you both? I can't stay here. I don't want to."

She wiped her tears and George nodded. "Sure. Come on." George helped her put a few of her bags in the trunk and the both climbed in and we went home.

It was just pure silence when we got home. I put Zuri to sleep in her room and put everything in her bag back. George had gone to his office and I haven't seen him since, and Pattie went to the guest room she stayed in last time and stayed in there.

As I sat down to watch tv and get my mind of off everything, George came into the kitchen and held me tightly. "It seems that ye can't go anywhere without someone tryin' to take ye away from me." He chuckled softly and I sighed.

"They can keep trying, but I won't let them." I kissed his lips and he held me softly. "This is all me fault. I should've just gone with ye instead of answering that business call." He ran his hand through his long locks.

"It's not your fault. The only person to blame is Eric." I cringed when I said his name, and George noticed. "He won't get away with this." He pulled me close and hugged me, and I hugged back.

The bell rang, so I pulled away from George and went towards the door and opened it. "Oh hey Adam!" I said and hugged him.

"How are you? I would love to chat, but I came to spend sometime with the girl I love, Zuri."

"Hey!" I said, making us both laugh.

"Well 'the girl you love' is taking a nap in her room." I closed the door behind him and led him to the main room. George then greeted him then told me he would be working in his office for a while.

"Brielle, would you like to-" Pattie waltzed into the room, seeming a bit better than a while ago, and looking at Adam. "O-Oh! I didn't know you had a guest." She began to move away shyly, but I told her to join us.

"Pattie, this is Adam Parker. Adam, this is Pattie Boyd." They shook hands and sat next to each other.

"How'd you meet Brielle?" He asked Pattie, and she rubbed her hands nervously. "Well we met through George." Was all she said, and I decided to just leave it at that.

"You never told me you had such a beautiful friend, Brielle." He flashed his beautiful teeth at her and she blushed.

"Uh

"Uh... yeah. I'll just leave you two alone." I got up and exited the room, but no one seemed to even notice. So I went to George's office, where he seemed to be writing a song.

"What's up?" He asked, putting his pen down and patting his lap for me to sit on. I walked over to him and sat down, kissing his cheek.
"Just wanted to let you know that I'm going out."

He patted my waist and picked his pencil back up with his other hand. "Alright, then. Please be careful." He pleaded and I headed towards the door. "I will!" I said, then headed for the door and to the car.

"Wait!" Pattie callee and ran towards the car as I got in. "Can I come?" She asked and I nodded. "Sure." She got in and waved at Adam, and Adam waved back as he got into his car as well.

We went to the mall and just went crazy. Especially with her being a model and everything and me being... well me.

When we finished, we headed back home and George greeted us with Zuri by the door. "Hi, beautiful!" Pattie took Zuri from George's arms and went to the living room with her.

"Mimi, Ruth and Jace called. They said that they're planning a get together tonight and they want ye to go."

"I would, but I don't want to leave Pattie by herself."

"It's alright. I don't mind staying with her."

"I know you wouldn't. That's why I'm taking her." I patted his cheek softly and smiled as I walked away and informed Pattie about tonight.