Chapter 121

(That picture does things to me)

When John was that George was in no mood to put up with him, he looked at Zuri and Danny and smiled softly.

"I should be going now."

"Aww don't leave, Uncle John!"

"I should. I don't think yeh Dad wants me here." He walked by me as he headed inside to grab his things.

"Thanks for everything, Brielle." He was saddened that his friend wouldn't help him, but that never stopped a guy like John. He would just act like he didn't care and try to move on.

As John was leaving, Pattie and Jordan came over.

"Hi John!" Pattie smiled, and hugged him.

"So George's Ex-wife and his wife are friends now?" He looked utterly shocked, but he shrugged. "George is a lucky guy." He waved goodbye and headed off.

Jordan greeted me before I called Chris to let him know that She was here. "Um, Pattie, can you watch the kids for me?"

"Sure." She smiled and walked to the main room, with the kids. Meanwhile, I headed into the studio.

"What happened between you and John?"

"I don't want to talk about it." He strummed his guitar, humming a tune.

"I'll sit here and wait for you to explain all day if I have to." I sat next to him, just watching him until he began to speak.

"Fine."

"It's... I don't know. As much as I tried, I couldn't forgive him for not trusting me. For not realizing sooner that I'm a good writer."

"But that's all over with."

"I know. It's just ever since the band broke up, we were fine until the Bangladesh concert. And ever since then, our relationship has been on the rocks."

"Why? Didn't you help him on his Imagine album?"

"Yeah, but I haven't talked to him since. Oh yeah, and his wife ate me biscuits. I'll never forget that."

I laughed at his last comment, and stroked his curly hair.

"I understand, but he's been your friend for years. You've been through so much with him. Without him, you wouldn't be where you are today."

George sighed. "You're right."

He got up and went to the house, grabbing the phone and called John's home number that he gave me.

"When is Uncle John coming back?" Zuri hugged my waist, and I stroked her curly hair. "He'll be back soon."

As John and George talked, Pattie walked over to me. "I have to go, but I'll be back to pick up Jordan later."

"Alright."

I picked up Danny as he rested his head on my shoulder, then went over to George.

"But you came to me! Why else would ye just drop by like that?"

George argued over the phone.

"Baba, yer not bein' nice." He reaches for George, who quickly took him into his arms.

"Yer right, Dan." He kisses Danny's forehead, as Danny's arms wrapped around George's neck and he rested his head on George's shoulder.

George took a deep breath, and placed the phone back on his ear. "Alright. Come over."

He hung up and rested his head over Danny's, and he rubbed his son's back. "Thank you, babe." He kissed his son's head.

"Daddy almost lost his cool." Danny smiles as he rested in his Daddy's arms.