Chapter 9

Double Updaaaaate!!! Are you proud??? I'm proud XD

And for once I kinda like it :3

.oO0°*°0Oo.

"Where are you going?" Hyunjin shouted behind him, speeding to catch up with him again.

"I'm supposed to find Jinyoung," Felix said, his voice frustrated, giving away his deception and slight anger even though he tried to look unaffected.

Because, yes, he started to be angry. Not even against Hyunjin, more against himself. Why did he have to take each word of this man so seriously? He wasn't supposed to, he had no reason and he just promised himself he would not let this game be one-sided.

"Hey, don't be so moody," Hyunjin called, slightly whiny.

Felix looked up at the man who was already by his side, walking at the same pace. He was not moody. He did not want to see him, nothing else. He did not want to fall for a man who was playing with his little heart, no matter if he knew it or not.

"Did I offend you?"

Felix did not answer and kept walking, trying his best to ignore the other's stare. A hand on his shoulder made him stop.

"I'm sorry, okay?" Hyunjin apologized, uncertain of the older man's reaction.

"Good," Felix said showing a forced smile.

"That was a stupid teasing, but seriously, what do you want me to answer to such a question?" Hyunjin tried to explain.

"You're right, no answer is what I should have expected."

Hyunjin sighed and let Felix leave again in front of him. When they finally reached the building, Hyunjin caught Felix's wrist and walked closer to him.

"Just to let you know, I might have many flaws, but I'm honest. I don't say things I don't mean."

Felix shook his head and looked away. As he realised the potential meaning of his words, he couldn't stay unaffected despite his convictions. He wasn't sure to know how to react to that.

"Really? Did not know you had such a thing for me already," he blinked a few time, sarcasm dripping from his words as he fakely cooed.

The taller's man eyes caught his and he got lost for a moment, his façade shaking a bit.

"Might be true," he said evasive, binging Felix out of his daydream. "I thought you noticed from the beginning."

Felix stiffened in shock. It was one thing to play a teasing game, it was another to be so straightforward. It was not the first time Felix received this kind of open confession, but it was the first time he was so shaken.

The door they were in front of open, making them both jump. Felix took a step back to avoid the shock. If not for Hyunjin's fast reaction, he would have felt backwards but he managed to stay on his feet.

A young woman immediately came to him as he straightened back and apologized.

"I'm sorry!" She said a bit panicked. "I just wanted to... omo I'm so sorry!"

"It's okay Jihye, no big deal," Hyunjin said to the girl. "Well, Felix, this is Jihye, my cousin."

Felix did not think much and just greeted the girl. Jihye looked at Felix then Hyunjin and titled her head silently asking for more information.

"Felix is the bride's best man. He has to talk with Jinyoung."

Jihye nodded and grinned at Hyunjin, giving away her thoughts about the situation. Felix wondered what was the problem with this family and easy assumptions. First his parents and then the cousin... why does it feel like they all thought they were not only random acquaintances? And why was no one bothered about it?

"Jinyoung is inside," she offered kindly, keeping the door open for them.

They went in and soon after, Jihye was out with a whisper that looked like "Fighting" addressed to Hyunjin. Felix made a face, bothered by the whole meaning of this.

"She likes you." Hyunjin clarified. "She does that all the time when she sees me with someone."

"Why do I feel like she did not think we were friends?"

"Because she knows where my interest lays," Hyunjin said and he opened the second door.

Felix turned to watch him, replaying the words again and again. His interest? Like... his kind of interest? Who would say that to his friend's family??

Unfazed by Felix's reaction, Hyunjin already stayed by the door to call his friend.

"Hyung!"

"Oh, Hyunjin-ah!" Jinyoung turned to see him at the door's frame. "Hello," he added immediately when he noticed the second person besides his brother.

Behind Hyunjin, Felix looked at the man for a long time. This was The Jinyoung, he thought, mouth open in admiration.

Indeed, this Jinyoung, the Real Jinyoung, looked absolutely perfect. He fitted completely the description way more than the substitute had been in fact. Handsome he was, with beautiful gentle eyes and very polite too according to the low bow he gave him. A real gentleman. He couldn't hope better for his best friend.

"This is Jinyoung, the groom," Hyunjin offered to explain, even if it was obvious.

"Yeah, he's perfect," Felix voiced out his thoughts and Jinyoung laughed at what he visibly took as a nice joke.

Felix kept staring at Jinyoung as if he just saw his favourite idol. In his dark tuxedo, Jinyoung looked perfect indeed. He and Hyewon made the perfect couple.

"Don't fall for him," Hyunjin warned teasingly, yet with his voice firm and commanding. "He's taken."

"I know that," Felix replied awkwardly, his mouth suddenly dry. Hyunjin's body seemed a bit too close, his voice too suave and his breath tickling his ears.

For a short second, Felix forgot about Jinyoung who was waiting expectantly, probably waiting to be introduced to him.

"And he is...?" Jinyoung asked about the man who seemed a bit too lost to answer himself.

"Mine," Hyunjin answered.

Immediately, Jinyoung laughed again and Felix wondered why his whole body shivered as the single word pierced through his skin to reach his heart.