Chapter 10

Okay so I had to work today and faced this dilemma: should I wait patiently as they asked me too or should I try to update... guess what I did??? Xd

I think we're more than halfway through the story..... and WE REACHED 1K!! Thank you!! ❤❤
.oO0°•°0Oo.

"Mine." 

Jinyoung's laugh rang to Felix's ears. According to the groom's behaviour, he was Not dreaming. Did Hyunjin really say that? He couldn't mean this way, could he? When the meaning printed to his mind, he felt his cheeks burn and take a beautiful pinkish shade. 

"Hyunjin," he gasped, eyes wide open. 

Hearing his name pronounced with such a shocked tone made Hyunjin smirk while he glanced at Felix innocently. Innocence was far from the first impression he usually gave off but he pulled off the concept easily enough. Felix, on the other hand, looked at him as if an alien stepped into the room and started a samba with the groom. 

Hyunjin admitted he was a bit of a tease, true, but that was for the fun of life. He was first and foremost straight with his emotions and honest with his desires. It was sometimes a bit too much to handle for the ones who were not used to it, but he rarely caused any misunderstanding. 

All his relatives were used to his behaviour, often calling him a Drama King for his outstanding skills of making a scene for anything. Of course, Jinyoung knew it better than anyone and barely paid it any mind. Despite Felix's reaction and the clear warning addressed to him, Jinyoung didn't seem bothered or surprised. 

Yet, if Jinyoung didn't seem to mind the situation, Felix couldn't shrug it off as easily. He stayed a long time staring at Hyunjin who started to chat with the groom about ... things. Well, no one could blame his lack of focus right now. 

He stepped out of his overthinking-daydream when the astounding silence took over the room. 

"So... Felix... is it?" Jinyoung's voice brought him back on earth. 

Even if they never met before, Jinyoung was not stupid and guessed quite easily who the man was. Being the caring husband he was, he had spent a lot of time to know her wife's relatives. Even if he couldn't explain why Hyunjin was the one introducing them - from all the people at his wedding, he was the last one he imagined for this – he recognised the boy's features pretty easily. 

"Oh... yes, Lee Felix, Hyewon's titlist best friend," Felix introduced himself politely. "Nice to meet you. Finally," he smiled when he finally managed to take a grip on himself. 

Jinyoung answered his smile and nodded understandingly. "You fit the job it seems" he jokes.

"Nice to meet you too. I'm sorry we didn't get to meet before." 

"True, it would have saved me up so much trouble," Felix sighed without thinking. 

When he realised his words, Felix apologized awkwardly and blushed as he felt Hyunjin's heavy gaze on him. In front of him, even if he didn't understand Felix's allusion, Jinyoung chuckled. Hyewon's friend was as funny and clumsy as she described him. He found it touching in a way. 

"I don't get it, but Hyunjin's face is too fun to take offence," he said. 

Hearing his name, Hyunjin averted his eyes toward his brother and scoffed. 

"And I understand better why you and Hyewon are friends. You're quite alike," Jinyoung added fondly at the thought of his wife. 

The silence took place again in the room and Felix stared unwaveringly at his feet. He tried his best to avoid Hyunjin's eyes while a visibly very-entertained Jinyoung was looking alternatively at both of them as if it was the latest on-trend drama. 

"Well," The groom started again. "Did you merely come to admire my greatness and see if I am suitable for Hyewon?" he asked, amused by the younger boy's behaviour. 

"Of course, I have to!" Felix played along with Jinyoung's joke who aimed to light his mood up. "Just checking who I give her to. I still have time to take her back," he teased. 

Far from being offended, Jinyoung took an instant liking to the freckled boy. It could be because of the time he spent listening Hyewon talk about him, but he felt like he knew him, like he could tease him without minding the usual boundaries of a first meeting. 

No matter the reason, he was at ease with him, knowing they could easily get along and he was very grateful for that. It would have been hell to be in a bad term with Hyewon's closest friend. 

"Do I meet your standards?" Jinyoung interrogated with a bright grin, visibly very confident of himself. 

His lips stretched a bit more at the sound of his brother scoffing once again not far from them. While he started to get friendly with Felix, he noticed Hyunjin was also getting closer – physically close – to Felix. His younger brother's excessive reaction never failed to make him laugh. 

"Yes," Felix answered bluntly, a little hint of awe distinctive in his voice. 

Jinyoung received a shower of praises and he laughed out loud when he heard Hyunjin clung his tongue against his palate. Taking all the fun possible from the situation, Jinyoung dared to send a teasing glance and received an unamused glare, telling him to back off. Of course, it was stupid and they both knew it was, but Jinyoung also knew Hyunjin was not acting on purpose. 

At least, he could tell now that Hyunjin wasn't simply kidding. A bit of teasing wasn't a big deal anyway, no harm. He easily noticed the hint of something more in his dongsaeng's eyes, the affirmation of Hyunjin's real interest for the younger boy. 

"The bride needs help," Hyunjin stated blankly to cut off the praise battle that started to take place between the two men. 

Immediately, Jinyoung's face turned more serious, slightly anxious. Hyunjin didn't mean to sound particularly worrying, but he wanted to keep his brother away. Not that he was jealous, he knew how much Jinyoung loved his future wife. It was just bothersome to have Felix looking at him like he was some famous idol. He surely liked it better when Felix was not sending a load of praise to his life-long competitor - aka Mr Perfect his brother Park Jinyoung. 

Suddenly conscious of the misunderstanding, Felix offered to explain. He couldn't ignore the concerned expression on Jinyoung's face, despite his will to forget about everything and have a long-awaited talk with Hyunjin. Felix explained the situation quickly while Hyunjin was suddenly all too quiet. Jinyoung left fast after, too preoccupied with Hyewon to stay much longer with the two. 

"Hyunjin," Felix called, slightly anxious, but fully ready to ask all the questions torturing his little heart. 

"Let's go!" Hyunjin said, already moving to the door. He sounded way too carefree in comparison to the rollercoaster he felt like he went through, but Felix followed him anyway.