Chapter 11

Following Jinyoung's steps, Hyunjin and Felix left the room as well. This time, Hyunjin was walking in front, with Felix right behind staring at his back unwaveringly. Oddly enough, Hyunjin was not following Jinyoung. Felix could not tell if Hyunjin trusted his brother or if he did not want to pry on his moment with the bride, but he seemed to easily put the matter aside for a moment. 

He was walking back to the garden, wandering in the middle of the extravagant decorations Felix had been working on for weeks. He finally stopped by the bandstand were Felix's precious Purple wedding bells were installed and Hyunjin lifted his head to check on it.

"It's not that bad," he noted, looking at the flowers and ribbons around the two dangling bells. "definitely better than I expected."

Hyunjin's light expression contrasted with Felix's serious one while both were staring at each other for a long time.

"Why did you act like that?" Felix finally broke the silence, unable to stand longer to be in the dark with a load of questions filling his mind.

"About those bells? Told you, I'm not into purple," Hyunjin replied innocently, easily shrugging the main question.

Felix sent him a disapproving gaze but did not comment on his obvious attempt to avoid the topic.

Hyunjin sighed loudly and shook his head in fake desperation. "Let me ask you something..." He started, stretching the silence a bit too long while Felix waited expectantly for his to go on. "Are you really That naïve or are you just trying to test me?"

Felix's face turned into a cute mix of a frown and pout. Here he was again calling him out for being an idealist. Was Hyunjin going to laugh at him again while he tried to be serious? Hyunjin laughed indeed, but his reaction was different from what Felix had expected.

"Isn't it obvious?" He asked rather seriously. "I thought I made clear from the beginning I was interested and the way you behaved made me think it was rather mutual..." he added suggestively, raising his eyebrows as if to emphasise his point.

Felix scoffed and rolled his eyes. This man made his mood swing a bit too easily for his own sake. "You're a bit overconfident, Mister Hyunjin-sshi," he replied.

"Come on, tell me you aren't attracted to me and I'll stop right here, right now," Hyunjin grinned proudly, satisfied by Felix's reaction.

This time, Felix humph-ed, fakely offended and shook his head with a sigh.

"If you don't say anything, I'll assume you're agreeing."

When Felix shook his head but didn't open his mouth to protest, Hyunjin had to refrain his cry of satisfaction. He probably could have jumped of happiness, but he didn't of course. He was way too well-educated – and proud – for that, but he couldn't refrain the smile growing on his lips.

As if to match his expression, Felix looked down to hide his own grin, knowing Hyunjin was observing him. He didn't want to give him such satisfaction.

A bit further in the garden near the house, they could hear the voices, laughs and music background of the wedding. Their mind following the same direction, they both looked at the same time at the window, suddenly reminded of the reason they were here in the first place.

They took sight of Jinyoung passing by quickly, his smile back. From the other side, they noticed Hyewon, smiling as well while she talked with her mother in the room nearby. Felix felt relieved, his heart suddenly lighter. He smiled as well, grateful for this man being with his best friend, for making her happy. He could not have hoped any better.

"Wow... Jinyoung does wonders apparently," Felix said fondly, still watching the scene inside the building.

Hyunjin didn't say anything and looked as well toward the place Hyewon was standing. She was talking with her mother with an expression very different from the one he took a glimpse of before. Yes, she was clearly feeling better and it was undoubtedly Jinyoung's magic.

He was happy for them. Sincerely. He wasn't sure he would have been able to handle the situation if Jinyoung hadn't been able to settle everything so fast.

He brushed the thought fast and his attention turned soon toward the man by his side, glad that he did not have to worry about the newlyweds.

"I surely am a better fit for you," he joked, looking in the direction his brother had been before.

He meant to be playful – and he was - but his tone gave away his hidden thoughts. He didn't know if he was comparing himself with Jinyoung or simply seeking a compliment. No matter the reason, it seemed to amuse Felix. Chuckling, he turned toward Hyunjin and caught his eyes.

"Jealous?" he asked teasingly.

"Never."

Hyunjin's voice was composed and controlled, but not fitting the expression on his face. The difference made the whole scene particularly funny. Unable to stop it, Felix laughed out loud and put his hand in front of his mouth to hide it.

In the middle of his giggles, he felt Hyunjin's cold fingers on his wrist and pulling down his hand. Felix looked at him surprised, stopping his laugh right away to look at the younger man questioningly.

"Don't," Hyunjin said with no hint of a joke.

His gaze was deep, dark and it sent shivers to Felix's spine.

"Don't hide yourself when you laugh. Beauty shouldn't be hidden," he whispered seductively.

"That's cringey."
"Come on, don't you enjoy it?"

In another situation, with someone else, Felix would have shrugged it off, chuckle maybe, and call him a sweet talker. Not this time though, his heartbeats were too strong in his chest to let him talk coherently.

His wrist still caught into Hyunjin's grip, he couldn't really move away – not that he wanted to – and literally abandoned himself into Hyunjin's hands.

Then, he felt Hyunjin's body come a bit closer. It was barely noticeable, yet he could feel the difference in his skin. Step by step, Hyunjin continued to walk closer and Felix stepped back without thinking, too mesmerized by that thing, this glimpse, he could see into Hyunjin's eyes.

When his body reached the wall of the bandstand, he didn't care about the disagreeable feeling of the raw wood behind his back. He heard the high-pitched ringing of the two bells above him, but couldn't look up to check if it wasn't falling. He didn't even notice when Hyunjin released his wrist and his hand ran up his arms carefully to reach his chin.

"Tell me to stop," he warned, his face way to close for Felix to be able to think properly.

"What if I don't?" Felix replied, his voice a bit hoarse, even lower than usual.

Biting a smile, Hyunjin didn't bother to answer and joined their lips in an eager and much-long awaited kiss. 

.oO0°°0Oo.

I know, it's kinda happening fast, but this story is planned to be shorter and fast-paced so I hope you still like it! 

If anyone is following my both ongoing stories, this is kissing party now! lol