Part 7

It's been five days since I last saw Jungkook.
Out of habit, I always wait for him to come by the store, but he never does. Not anymore.
I sigh heavily as I scroll through my phone. The night shift is really boring without him.
Then, suddenly the doorbell rings. I instantly perk up when I see the black pants & black coat of the person coming in.
"Ya, I thought you got kidnapped by your fans or something. Where have you been, Jung-"
My tongue gets caught mid sentence. It's not Jungkook who just walked in to the store.
"Hayoon?" The person's eyes widen as he sees me.

Park Jimin. Shit.
He looks so beautiful with his pale skin & red lips. My heart hammers inside my chest & my cheeks begin to blush fervently.
"W-Welcome." I stutter as I lower my head to hide my face.
He walks closer to the counter & bends forward to search my face.
"Right. You're that girl who farted." He says while pulling away.
"No, I think you're mistaken. I've never worked at Chanel." I hastily add.
"I didn't say anything about Chanel." He smirks.
Shit. Why am I so fucking dumb?
"Yeah, it's me. What do you want? I don't have any money to pay for the damage to your expensive clothes. My manager pretty much took all of my salary to compensate for my mistake. So if you want me to take any other responsibility, I-"
"I'm sorry." He suddenly says.
"You what?" Not believing what I've just heard, I lift my widened eyes to meet his.
"I found out you got fired after that incident & I felt really bad. You didn't deserve that, I knew it was all an accident. I didn't think that your manager would fire you. Anw, I just want to say I'm sorry." He says as he rubs the back of his neck.
My jaw drops & I just stare at him in utter disbelief.
"H-Hey, say something." He uncomfortably looks at me & says.
"Oh. Well.. uhm.. Thanks, I guess. For your apology, I mean. Haha.."
Damn brain, why can't you think properly in front of him?
"So, truce?" He offers his delicate hand to me.
"Y-Yeah. S-Sure." For God's sake Hayoon, stop stuttering like an idiot!
I take his hand & he gently squeezes it. Shiver instantly travels down my spine.
Why do I feel this way? Is it possible that.. I still like him?
"S-So, what do you need today?" I immediately pull my hand away.
"Huh? Oh. I just need to get.. uhm.. this." He grabs a pack of gum & puts it on the counter.
"Just this?" I ask in confusion.
"Yeah. Just this." He smiles at me, causing heat to creep up my cheeks.
"That'll be 2,280 won."
"Here you go. Thanks, I'll see you around then Hayoon." He takes his gum & winks at me before walking away.
"Wait! Your change!" I call out to him.
"Just keep it first. I'll get it next time. Have a good night!" He says as he waves at me.
I stand there & watch him until his back diminish behind the buildings. My thumping heart confirms my uncertain mind.
I do still like him.

Jimin comes to the store every day for the past three days. It's as if he's there to stand in for Jungkook's absence. He's been very sweet & friendly towards me, even flirtatious at times. He would 'unintentionally' brush his fingers against mine or stare at me with his twinkling eyes. I try my hardest not to fall deeper for him, but I can't control my feelings.
He said that he would come again tonight, but it's already past midnight & there's still no sign of him. I stretch my neck every time the door bell rings. However, it gets tiring after a while & I give up.
"Welcome." I mutter flatly without lifting my head when the bell rings once again.
"Nuna, why do you look so lifeless?"
"Jungkook?" I exclaim in surprise.
"Yeah, I'm back. Did you miss me?" He grins.
"Not really." I slouch back onto the counter.
"Ya, you're hurting my feelings." He pouts as he nudges my arm.
"Ok ok. I did miss you. This much." I press my thumb & forefinger together & show it to him.
"Better than nothing. So anything interesting happened while I was gone?"
"I met- never mind." I was going to tell him about Jimin but I stop myself. I don't want him to find out that the guy I told him about was actually Jimin.
"What? Who did you meet?"
"Nothing. Do you want ramyeon? My treat." I quickly change the subject.
"Yeay! Add a sausage & two slices of cheese please." He clasps his hands cheerfully.
"Ok ok." I roll my eyes at him, but inside I'm so happy that he's back. Without realizing, he's become the only friend I have now.
"Nuna, can I have your number?" I almost spill the ramyeon when I hear what he says.
"You want my number? What for?"
"So that I can talk to you outside of this store. I mean sometimes you have morning shift & I can't see you then. So.. are you going to give me your number or not?"
"You're not scared that I'll your number to the sasaengs?"
"I don't think you're that kind of person. If you don't want to, it's fine as well. I mean, it's your choice." His cheeks have blushed a shade of deep red. He looks so adorably cute.
"Awww uri dongsaeng. You look so cute when you're all shy like this." I poke his waist to tease him.
"Ya, stop it. That tickles." He shifts away from me.
"What? You mean like this?" I laugh & poke at his waist again repeatedly.
"Yaaa, I'm not kidding." He suddenly grabs both my hands, making me fall forward.
When I look up, my face is dangerously close to his.
"S-Sorry." I immediately push him away & go back to my seat.
"I-It's ok. Sorry I didn't know my own strength." He apologizes.
"You better eat the ramyeon now or it's going to get soggy." I finally say after a long awkward stretch of silence.
"Oh. Right. Jal meoggesseumnida (I'll eat it well)." He splits the wooden chopsticks & begin to dig into the noodles. I watch him eat in silence & soon he's done eating.
"Thanks for the meal. I need to go now before the others start looking for me. I'll see you tomorrow." He stands up as he wipes his mouth with the back of his hand.
I quickly fish out a pen from my pocket, rip the ramyeon cup lid & write onto it.
"Wait. This is for you." I slide the cup lid to him.
"What?" He looks at me in confusion.
"My number." I sheepishly reply.
"Oh. You don't have to give it to me if you're not comfortable, you know?"
"We're friends, right? I think it's only natural for friends to have each other's number." I smile at him.
He stares at me for a long second, making me feel even more awkward.
"Errr Jungkook? Did I say something wrong?"
"Huh? Oh nothing. I really need to go now. I'll text you my number later, ok? Good night nuna!" With that he takes off without turning back.
He seems a bit off & it makes me worried that I might have said something wrong.
Did I step over the line? I mean he's a world famous idol after all. Huh... I really don't know how to deal with men.