Part 14

Flashback, Jimin POV
My heart feels numb watching her hunched back from afar.
Was I too harsh on her? No, Jimin ah. She deserved it. She did the same thing to you back then.
I close the door behind me & stagger back to the living room.
"Guys, I'm tired. You guys continue, I'll be in my room." I smile weakly at them & go into my room before they can protest.
I throw myself on the bed & close my eyes.
Isn't this what I have always wanted? Why do I feel so awful now that I've gotten my revenge?
"Jimin ah, are you sick?" Yeonhee opens the door without knocking & plops down beside me.
"Nah, I just suddenly don't feel well." I reply as I cover my eyes with the back of my hand.
"Come on. Today's your birthday. It won't be fun if you don't join us." Yeonhee shakes my shoulder & nags.
"I told you I'm not feeling well. Can you please just leave me alone?!" My voice comes out harsher than I intended to.
Yeonhee freezes. I can feel her gaze on me, but I ignore it & continue shutting my eyes.
"Are you being like this because of that fatso?" Her tone is as chilly as iced water in winter.
I want to say no, but my tongue won't move.
"Answer me Park Jimin!" Yeonhee has never raised her voice at me, no matter how bitchy she can be to other people, so her yelling shocks me quite a bit.
"Can we just drop this? I don't want to talk about this." Sighing, I sit up & look at her in the eyes.
"If you come out with me now, I'll pretend that nothing happens."
"I'm sorry, I can't." Guilt consumes me. That scene in which I humiliated her in front of so many people is still so vivid & it keeps replaying in my head.
"So you choose her over me?!" She pushes me away & exclaims.
"Yeonhee ya, it's not like that.." I don't want to anger her but I can't explain everything to her.
"Hah! I knew it from the very first time you saw her at Chanel that there was definitely something fishy going on between the two of you. And now you went through so much trouble just to hurt her, what the fuck is going on?! I'm your girlfriend! Don't I have the right to know?!" She pokes at my chest repeatedly with her forefinger. Her voice gets higher & higher with each sentence.
"If you keep nagging like this, you won't be anymore." She's right. She does have a right to know, but I don't want to share my ugly past with anyone. Besides, I don't trust Yeonhee. She's a vengeful person, if I tell her my secret, she'll definitely use it against me one day.
"W-What? Are you breaking up with me?" She stutters in disbelief.
"Yes." I answer shortly without further thinking. I'll probably regret this decision tomorrow, but right now I just want to be alone & clear my head.
"What the fuck? Don't you know how many guys want to date me?! And I picked you! How dare you break up with me over some stupid ugly fat bitch?!" She's completely livid now.
"We both know that you agreed to be my girlfriend not because you love me, but because it's a good for your image. So stop acting like you really care." Now, I'm really being mean.
"Park Jimin, you'll regret this!" Yeonhee slaps my cheek & stomps out the door angrily.
The hit stings, but surprisingly I don't feel the least bit bothered by it.
"Huh.." I collapse back onto the bed & my mind wanders back to Hayoon.
I won't let this get to me. All I did was get even with her. Yes, Jimin ah, you shouldn't feel bad at all.

-•-

The following night
The sound of door slamming shut awakens me from my daze. Jungkook walks into the living room with a deep frown in between his brows.
"Hey." I greet him & go back to scrolling through my phone.
"Hyung, do you remember that girl at the convenience store?" Jungkook turns to me & asks.
"Which one?" I act like I don't remember when in fact I know who exactly he's talking about.
"Hayoon. You saw me talking to her & asked me about her, remember?"
Shit, did she tell him about me?
"Ah, her. What about her?" I feign disinterest.
"I went to the store just now & her colleague said she quitted. I tried calling her but she never picked up. Do you think something bad has happened to her?"
She's gone? S-She hasn't done anything stupid, has she?
Fear creeps through my core.
What have I done?
"Hyung. Hyung, are you listening to me?" Jungkook elbows my arm, breaking me from my daze.
"Huh? Sorry, my mind was somewhere else. Don't worry too much. Maybe she has something urgent that she needs to attend to." I try to keep my voice as calm as possible.
"You're right. I guess I'll try calling her again tomorrow. I'm gonna head in first. Good night hyung." Jungkook rises from his seat & goes towards his room.
Once he's out of sight, I frantically dial Y/n's number but apparently she's blocked my number.
"Fuck!" I then open up our last chat & send her a message.

-•-

MV shooting day 2
"Jimin ah, the assistant will help you touch up coz I can't find the makeup artist. That's ok right?" The staff asks.
"Yeah sure. Whatever." I reply disinterestedly without looking up from my phone.
For months, I've been keeping up with local news diligently. I don't know what I'm anticipating, but I breathe a sigh of relief every time I find no news about her. At least that means that she's still alive. Hopefully.
"Aren't you going to start?" I ask the assistant makeup artist with my eyes still glued on my phone screen.
"O-Oh. Y-Yes. P-Please lift your chin & close your eyes." She sounds obviously nervous.
I put down my phone & close my eyes as she instructed. Her fingers tremble on my skin as she touches my face.
Where did they find her? Is she even professional?
"You don't need to be so nervous. I won't eat you." I try to ease her nerves.
"S-Sorry." She says in a small voice.
She sounds familiar. Where have I heard that voice before?
Gradually, she begins to relax & I as well.
"Ok. You're done."
I open my eyes & am pleasantly surprised by what she has done. She's actually pretty good.
"You did great. Thanks." I look at her but I can't even see her face because it's pretty much covered up by her mask & baseball cap.
"Y-You're welcome. I-I'll get going first." She rushes to leave after bowing at me.
Am I that intimidating?
"Wait. You forgot your tools." I call out to her as I see her brushes still scattered on the table in front of me.
"Oh yeah, haha. How stupid of me." She turns back around & frantically picks up her things.
She looks so familiar, yet so foreign. Is she one of the regular staffs?
"Hayoon ah! Sorry, I was in the restroom & I didn't bring my phone with me. Are you done working on Jimin ssi?" Someone suddenly barges in through the door.
"Hayoon?" I stare at the back of the woman before me.
Wait. She can't be that Hayoon, can she?
She slowly straightens her back & takes off her mask. When she turns to face me, it's as if I've seen a ghost from my past.
The person standing in front of me is the exact same person that has been haunting me all these years. The Lee Hayoon from high school.
I'm surprised, yet so relieved that she's alive & well, in fact she has never looked better. However, I stay quiet. I can't exactly say that I'm happy to see her after what I'd done, can I?