Part 15

Hayoon POV
"Hey dude, let her go."
The man who says that is wearing a mask that covers half of his face, but I know who it is just from the voice. It's Jimin.
"Ya! Who are you?! Mind your own business! This bitch is mine!" The guy seems to not recognize Jimin.
"First, she's not yours. Second, stop calling her a bitch. Let her go now while I'm still being nice." Jimin's voice is stern & his eyes are full of fury.
"You don't understand human language, do you?" The guy grabs someone's drink from the bar & throws it at Jimin's face in a swift move.
I gasp as the liquor hits Jimin square on his face.
"Now would you get lost?" The guy snickers at Jimin.
Jimin wipes the droplets of liquid on his face with his hand & slowly takes off his mask. He then looks up at the guy & steps closer to him.
The guy gapes in shock when he realizes who he has just assaulted.
"P-Park Jimin ssi? I-I'm sorry, I didn't know-" The guy stutters.
"You're Choi Kangmin PD from MNS station, right? Don't we have an ongoing discussion about an exclusive reality program with you? I guess, I might have to tell the management to cancel it." Jimin says with a deadpan expression.
"P-Please Jimin ssi. I beg you, please forgive me. I-I'd do anything.. Hayoon ssi, please forgive my foolish action earlier. I swear I won't do it ever again. Please." He clasps his hands together & pleads.
"I'm sorry, but the damage is done. Please repent on your action. Let's go Hayoon ah." Jimin takes my hand & leads me out of the club.
He puts his mask back on & we walk until we reach a quiet park, his hand firmly gripping mine.
"Why did you do that?" I shake my hand off his grasp.
"Why did I do what?" He looks at me in confusion as he takes off his mask.
"Is this some kind of a plot that you devise to play with me again?" I cross my arms & ask him in suspicion.
"What? No! Why would I- I was on my way to meet the others when I saw you with that douchebag, so I came to help you. That was it, I had no other intention." He exclaims, eyes widened.
"You sure you didn't plan this?"
"I swear! Look, I know that I did something terrible to you but it was because I wanted revenge for what you did to me back then."
"So are you satisfied now that you'd gotten what you'd always wanted? Did it feel good humiliating me in front of your friends?" I scoff.
"No. It didn't." His answer surprises me, wiping the smug expression off my face instantly.
"I felt terrible & that was totally unexpected. When Jungkook told me that you left right after that day, I was so terrified that you'd harm yourself. I tried calling & texting you but you'd blocked my number. Then, I kept checking the news everyday to see if there was any report on you & I could only calm down after I found no bad news at the end of the day." He sniffs & looks away. His voice is so sincere that I can't help but believe him.
"Then why did you pretend that you didn't know me when we met at the set?"
"Because I was embarrassed. I didn't know how to face you after causing you so much pain. Truthfully, I was so happy when I saw that you were healthy & thriving."
I'm stunned by his answer. I've never thought that he would feel that way. I thought his ignorance was a sign of him being obnoxious, it turns out he was feeling guilty.
"Actually, I've been meaning to apologize to you for what I did in high school. My stupid childish pride had gotten the best of me & I said those mean words knowing full well that it would hurt your feelings. I'm sorry, I know it's a few years too late, but I hope you can accept my apology." I bow at him & feel the heavy rock in my heart has finally dropped.
We stare at each other in silence after that, until our lips curve up into a smile.
"So, truce?" I extend my hand to him, which he readily takes.
"Truce." He smiles sweetly as he shakes my hand.
Gosh, he's gorgeous. Shut it Hayoon ah, don't even think about it.
We stroll slowly back to the club in silence. I feel slightly awkward as I don't know what to talk about.
"You look the same." He suddenly says.
"Huh?"
"You look exactly the same as in high school now. When I saw you at the set, I thought I was hallucinating." He lowers his head & glances at me.
"Uhm thanks, I guess.."
"Remember those letters I wrote you back then? I meant every word, you were my first love." He stops abruptly & turns to face me. His deep eyes bore right into my soul, making me blush fervently.
"I remember. Actually, I was quite fond of you too, but my 'friends' didn't approve of you, so.. yeah.. I was stupid, I know." I reply shyly.
"Really? Then.. Hayoon ah, that day when I saw you cry, my heart hurt so bad. That was when I realized that I still had feelings for you. Would you- would you like to give us a chance & start properly this time?" He takes my hands in his & says.
This isn't real, right? Park almighty Jimin is asking me to be his girl friend?
"Wow. Thanks, but.. is this a prank?" I ask skeptically.
"No! I know you might have some doubts, but this time I'm dead serious. What should I do to make you believe me?" He pushes his hair back in frustration.
"Ok ok I-" I don't even get a chance to finish my sentence because he pulls me abruptly towards him & kisses my lips.
My eyes widen in shock & that's when I see him standing a few meters away, gaping at us.
Jungkook.
Jungkook's eyes meet mine before he turns around to leave.
I instantly push Jimin away & wipe my mouth.
"S-Sorry. I was- I was just-" Jimin stutters, his face as red as a tomato.
I don't even listen to the rest of his sentence & run to Jungkook.
"Kook! Kook! Wait!" I grab his sleeve, but he immediately shakes my hand off.
"Don't touch me." He says coldly.
"It's all a misunderstanding. I didn't-"
"Is that why you wanted me to act like I didn't know you at the set? Because you have your eye on Jimin hyung? Are you a gold digger or fame seeker or something? Did you plan all this?"
"No! Please listen to me-" I try to make him listen but it's useless.
"Stop following me. I don't want to see you again." He glares at me before leaving.
My heart drops & my body goes limp.
"Hayoon ah, are you ok?" Jimin rushes to my side & holds my arm to support me.
"Y-Yeah, I-I am. Don't worry about me." I slide his hands off & fake a smile.
"You like him, don't you?" Jimin asks in a somber tone.
"I- I don't know. I-I'll head home first before the bus stops operating." I answer in daze.
"Let me drive you home." He offers.
"Thanks, but I need some time alone. Goodbye." I smile faintly at him, suppressing the tears, & stagger away.
Why does it hurt so bad?