Part 13

"Everyone get ready on set. 3.. 2.. 1.. Action!" The PDnim yells through the megaphone.
Today's the last day of the music video shooting. All the members are here, including Jimin & Jungkook. I'm glad that this is finally over because I won't have to face awkward situations with Jimin anymore, although he basically acts as if I'm invisible now.
I leave the set to go to the restroom. As I'm about to open the door, someone taps my shoulder from behind.
"Nuna." Jungkook is looking down at me, smiling.
I quickly pull him out of the door to a quiet corner near the restroom.
"Jungkook ah. Uhm.. Can you pretend not to know me on set?" I anxiously glance at the set entrance, afraid that someone will suddenly come out & find us here.
"Why?" He asks in confusion.
"Uhm.. Uhm.. I don't want the others to think that I got this job because I'm your friend. Haha." That is the most plausible excuse I can think of in a whim.
The truth is I don't want Jimin to see me with Jungkook & then try to ruin our friendship.
"Oh ok, I understand. I'll do as you say." He readily agrees.
"Gomawo Jungkook ah." I clasp my hands together & thank him.
"Btw, is there something you want to say to me? If not, I need to go to the restroom before they finish shooting." I ask.
"Uhm.. Nothing. Just wanna say hi. So, go on." He awkwardly chuckles.
"Ok then. I'll see you later!" I wave at him & step towards the restroom.
"Wait! Uhm.. Nuna, I have a ticket for the new superhero action movie, would you like to go watch it with me tomorrow night? I mean, we didn't get to do it last time. So.. yeah.. uhm.." Hands in pocket, he sheepishly asks. His cheeks blush a deep shade of red.
"Sure. I've been wanting to watch it as well." I nonchalantly reply, although my heart flutters from his invitation.
"Really? You can't stand me up again this time, ok?" His eyes light up & the sight of it makes me happy.
"Ok ok, I won't. I really need to go now. See you." I rush to the restroom & lean on the door.
Then, I open the door slightly & peek out. I can see Jungkook silently pumping his fist with a huge grin on his face before walking into the set again.
A giggle escapes from my lips seeing his cute action. Warmth spreads from my chest all over my body.
I think I like him.

-•-

"It's a wrap. Thank you everyone for your hard work." Every person on set claps their hands & cheers out loud.
"Hayoon ah, we're going out for a drink with the rest of the crew. You should come as well." Youngji eonni says as she links her arm with mine.
"Uhm.. I don't think-" My alcohol tolerance is very low & I'm not comfortable drinking with these people who I barely know.
"Yes nuna, you should come too. It'll be a lot of fun." Jungkook suddenly chimes in.
"Oh Jungkook ssi, do you know Hayoon?" Youngji eonni turns to Jungkook in bewilderment.
I immediately throw a mean glance at him, telling him to cut it off.
"Ah not really, but she's part of the crew, right? So I think she should join us." He smiles sweetly at Youngji eonni.
"That's very kind of you. Did you hear that Hayoon ah?Jungkook ssi wants you to come, so you definitely have to. I'll see you there Jungkook ssi." Youngji eonni bows at Jungkook & pulls me away.
"W-Wait, eo-eonni.."
"Hayoon ah, I think he likes you." She giggles & whispers into my ears.
"What? No, that's impossible. I mean, I'm just a nobody."
"Well, you might think that you're a nobody, but in his heart you could be his somebody. Let's go, let's have some fun tonight." She winks at me as she drags me towards her car.

-•-

An hour later
I sit at the corner watching the others chugging down shots after shots, throwing their heads back, swaying their bodies to the loud music.
I look at my watch. 23:12 PM.
Is it rude if I ask to leave first?
I sigh heavily & scan my surroundings. Jungkook & the other members are nowhere to be seen.
Is Jungkook coming or not? Should I text him to let him know that I'm leaving?
"Hayoon ah, what are you doing sitting here alone? Come, let's dance." Youngji eonni, who's obviously drunk, suddenly appears in front of me & pulls me towards the dance floor.
"Eonni, I think I'll just go home now. I have to start working again tomorrow, so I need to wake up early."
"Awww, really? Alright then, take care Hayoon ah. I'll give you a call later, ok? Thank you so much for your help." She hugs me tightly, her breath stinks of alcohol.
I bid my goodbyes & walk hastily to the exit, feeling relieved that finally I can get out of the noisy club.
"Oops sorry." I accidentally bump into someone's shoulder on my way.
"Fuck! Don't you have eyes?! This suit is Balmain for fuck's sake! How are you going to pay- Hayoon?" The guy's angry tone changes in an instant when he sees my face.
Shit. It's that guy from the makeup store. What's his name again? I didn't even read the name card he gave me.
"Oh hi! Haha. Uhm.. What a coincidence." I awkwardly say to him.
"Yeah, this must be fate. What are you doing here? I went to the store yesterday & your colleague said that you were taking a leave." He steps closer towards me, invading my personal space.
"Uhm yeah I have to attend to some personal affairs. So yeah, anw I gotta go-"
"Aww not so fast. Let me buy you a drink. You've ruined my expensive blazer, so the least you can do is drink with me. Come on."
"I didn't- Huh.. Ok, but just one drink, ok?" I reluctantly agree because I'm scared that he'll ask me to pay for his blazer if I don't drink with him.
"Good girl. Let's sit at the bar." He grabs my wrist & I instantly regret my decision.
"Hey, two shots of tequila please." He yells to the bartender. Soon, two slices of lime & two shot glasses filled with yellowish brown liquid are presented in front of us.
"To coincidental encounter." Smirking, he raises his glasses at me & chugs the entire content into his mouth.
I do the same & the burning sensation in my throat makes me cough uncontrollably.
"You're new to this, aren't you?" He chuckled, amused.
"Ehm.. Yeah, I usually don't drink alcohol."
"It's ok, I can teach you. In fact, I can teach you a lot of things." He raises his brow & snakes his palm over my thigh.
"What are you doing?" Shocked by his vulgar advance, I readily stand up & glare at him.
"Stop playing so hard to get. I know you don't have a boyfriend. I asked your colleague about it & she told me that you'd been single for a long time. Are you doing this so that I want you more? Is that it?" He snatches my wrist & pulls me close to him, his hot breath blowing on my face.
"Get away from me! I want nothing to do with you, let me go!" I try to get out of his grasp but he's too strong.
"Bitch, I won't you let you go this time. I've spent so much money on you, so it's only fair if I get something in return, right? Don't worry, soon you'll be screaming my name begging for more." His menacing whisper sends chills down my spine, frightening me to my core.
"No! Let me go!" I scream louder, but the blaring music drowns my desperate cry.
Tears start forming in my eyes. There are so many people here, why is no one coming to help me?
"Hey dude, let her go." Suddenly, I see a hand landing on his shoulder.