2.5

TWENTY-FIVE.
the gang

🔹️🔹️🔹️

"Razor Crest? I can't believe that thing can fly -- looks like a Canto Bight slot machine."

Mayfeld scoffed, leading us along a long pathway. Just then, he stopped in front of a very muscular guy, who was holding a large metal box in his hands. "Alright, the good-lookin' fellow there with the horns -- that's Burg. This may surprise you, but he's our muscle."

Burg marched over to Mando, looking right into his helmet with a stern look. He then walked around us, keeping his eyes on him.

"So, this is a Mandalorian," Burg chuckled with a smirk on his face. "I thought they'd be bigger."

I pursed my lips as he turned to stare at me, making me uncomfortable. Mayfeld cleared his throat, pointing at a nearby droid. "Droid's name is Zero."

The droid walked up to us, observing our features through its camera. Mando quickly glanced at me with confusion before facing the droid once again; his voice cold.

"I thought you said you had four."

"He does." A high-pitched voice replied with a bit of sass in her tone. We both slowly turned around as footsteps drew closer to us. She smirked at him, "Hello, Mando."

Mando seemed surprised to see her, "Xi'an."

".. You know her?" I raised an eyebrow, facing him. He turned his head to the side to speak but was soon interrupted by the girl.

"Tell me why I shouldn't cut you down where you stand?" She snapped, placing her dagger on Mando's neck; he didn't flinch.

"Nice to see you too."

Everyone laughed as she got incredibly close to Mando; my blood boiled with anger. I had never felt this frustrated before, but.. why was I so mad? Was it because..

"I missed you." She muttered; inches away from Mando's helmet. I crossed my arms, watching her flirt with him while tapping on his armor. "This is shiny.. you wear it well."

"Do we need to leave the room or something?" Mayfeld rolled his eyes.

Mando looked over at my annoyed face as Ran shrugged, "Well, Xi'an's been a little heartbroken since Mando left our group."

"Aw," Mayfeld teased. "You gonna be okay, sweetheart?"

"Oh, I'm all business now." She replied, giving him a dark smile and pointing at Mando. "Learned from the best."

Ran rolled his eyes, "Alright, lovebirds--"

"Wait," Xi'an glared at me, walking over and pointing her dagger at me. "Who's she? I don't remember her."

"She's Mando's girlfriend. She'll be comin' along," Mayfeld said, smirking mischievously. "Sorry, sweetie, your man's taken."

"Girlfriend?" She spat in my face, dragging her blade along my left cheek. "No, Mayfeld, he's mine."

I growled, shoving her arm away as the blade drew some blood on my cheek. "Move it."

Mayfeld crossed his arms, smirking at me. "Oh, she's feisty."

"Xi'an," Mando said, pulling her away from me. "That's enough--"

"Oh, Mando," She scowled, leaning up against his chest. She turned to glare at me once more. "We were just getting to the good part."

I didn't respond as I rolled my eyes. I curled my hands into fists, causing my knuckles to turn white. As if on cue, Ran cleared his throat and broke the silence.