do it

"what are you doing here zion?" ryan asked again.

"that's a really good question isn't it" the boy laughed nervously. " you see, after telling arielle i didn't wanna go to formal with her anymore i realized i needed a date"

"still doesn't answer my question as to why you're here"

"ryan, i want to go to formal with you. i've been an idiot who should have asked you day one when i dropped the note on your door, so please be my date" zion pleaded.

"i can't be your date zion, i'm going with nick" she crossed her arms.

"cmon ry, you know you were only hanging out with nick to get back at me"

"at first i was but now i genuinely like him" she lied.

"you like like him?" zion asked getting no response from her. "that's what i thought. look nick can find a girl in a heartbeat–"

"so can you"

"but i only want you" he said.

and there it was. the words she longed to hear from him for the past 2 weeks. he only wanted her.

ryan couldn't help the smile that began to form on her face.

"i hate you" ryan laughed.

"so that's a yes?"

"i can't believe i'm letting you off this easy" ryan rubbed her face.

zion dropped the stuff he had for her on the side table and engulfed ryan into his arms.

"you really made me work for this" zion groaned making ryan laugh.

ryan walked zion inside carrying all of the gifts he had brought for her.

nicks laugh could be heard from the next room. soon that sound faded and he walked into the kitchen where zion and ryan sat.

"hey what are you doing here?" nick asked zion.

"i came to ask ryan to formal" zion pursed his lips.

"about fucking time geez"

"excuse me?" ryan nearly yelled.

"listen ry, i love you but i couldn't take you to formal when i knew how zion felt about you. i just had to be the motivating factor" he giggled.

"and to think i helped you write a song" her eyes narrowed.

"you wrote a song?"zion asked.

"yup for alexys" nick smiled big.

"wanna hear it?" ryan asked running over to the piano and began to play.

nick took the seat next to her and began to sing, while zion sat on the couch taking it all in.

ryan was amazing. and he finally had her. well kind of, she said yes to formal and that was the first step in all of it.

zion pulled out his phone and began to record her on the piano. she didn't even notice due to the fact that she was so into what she was doing that nothing else mattered.

the rest of the night, the three friends ended up playing card games before heading home.

"i'll see you at school tomorrow?" zion asked.

"yeah" ryan smiled before closing the door behind him.

her mom was right. that feeling when you find someone you truly like was amazing and mushy and sooo grosss. but also so incredible.

___________

"did you hear zion dumped arielle yesterday after school?" the yearbook girls whispered between each other.

yearbook was literally so pointless for ryan. all she did was sit there and get ignored by all the wack ass people that already had their cliques.

"he didn't dump her, they were never actually dating" the redhead rolled her eyes.

"ansley said she saw him outside of the new girls house yesterday night with flowers" another girl turned her gaze as if pointing to ryan.

"uh as if, zion kuwonu is way out of her league. how does ansley even know?"

"she was at austin's hooking up again and she lives next door"

ryan beard the entire conversation, and she desperately wanted to jump in. but considering ryan had a short temper and knew it wouldn't take much to set her off, before she jumped at their throats, she remained seated and jammed her headphones into her ears.

it was hard for people not to talk about the drama that filled the halls of ridge view high. especially with someone like zion.

"austin, who's ansley?" ryan asked sitting next to nick during lunch.

"OH COME ON" the entire table groaned.

austin rolled his eyes. "she's just a girl i hang out with sometimes"

"yeah at night" edwin scoffed making the table erupt in laughter.

"what about that girl, emily, i thought you were going to formal with her" ryan asked.

"i am" austin confirmed.

"then who is ansley?" she asked again.

"ryan stop asking so many questions when you know the answer" austin said almost angry.

"it's not fair to her aussie" ryan pursed her lips.

"wait a minute, when did austin get a nickname and why don't i have one yet?" nick complained.

the boys began to complain before ryan was able to come up with them.

"fine, brandon is b, edwin can be eggy, nick is nicky, and zion is–"

"babe" he finished her sentence, making a smile appear on her face.

________

told ya you'd have to wait
to get another chapter from me.

it's okay though only like 5
people read this so
*chef kiss* thank u loves