moving van

"this isn't fair" ryan cried on her way home.

"no it's not love" her mom said, "but i guess it was about time"

"for what? i finally found a school i liked and now i can't even go there anymore" she managed to say between sobs.

"i thought dream school was ucla" her dad said.

"that was before here, i just wanted to be normal for one. and the moment that happens, the worlds flips on me" ryan yelled.

the andersons pulled into the driveway and simply sat in the car not saying a word.

"i know we've been hard on you since your brother passed, and maybe all we've done is hurt you ry. i just want you to know that your mother and i love you with all of our hearts"

"if that means sending you to california, so you can have your own little normal life, then so be it" her dad said, with a slight crack in his voice.

"i don't wanna go anymore" ryan shook her head.

"ryan, i know he meant a lot to you. but baby it's just a boy" her mom held her tight making tears continue to fall.

the family walked into the home, all sitting in ryan's room, where they began to place her belongings in boxes.

the anderson parents had bought a home near the campus where ryan dreamed of attending, so that the day she left, they could be nearby.

"okay, i'll call up the moving van and set that up for tomorrow evening. mom will make sure to send you money every month for necessities. you'll still need to find a job for anything you want, but just until school begins in the fall then we'll take care of everything again" her dad explained.

"i don't know if i can do this dad"

"babygirl, you're the roughest military brat i've ever seen in my life. you've gave up so much so that i could continue to do my job. now i'm thanking you. you're responsible and mature enough to live on your own. i love you ry-ry"

the father-daughter duo embraced each other in a hug with tears flooding their faces.

ryan never thought this day would come. the only thing she regretted was that she had to give up zion to get california.

____________

"has anyone heard from ryan?" zion asked, walking up to the tables where the guys sat.

"no but i saw a moving truck pull into her drive way earlier" austin said.

"WHAT?" the table gasped.

"why didn't you try to call her or go see her stupid?" nick asked zion.

"i drove by and there were no cars in the driveway, i just assumed no one was home" he explained.

the first bell of the day rang and boys scattered to their classes.

zion had planned on going to class, but after that conversation, that was no longer his plan. zion made his way to the parking lot to jump into his car and make his way to ryan's.

"hey z" arielle's voice stopped him.

"not now" he grunted.

"where are you going?" she asked still in her chirpy voice.

"to ryans"

"uhhh, what do i have to do to get you to stop paying all that attention on her" arielle shrieked.

"arielle i've already told you, i don't like you and i won't ever. you lying and getting ryan expelled isn't gonna make that change so keep your flat ass out of my life" zion huffed, pushing his way past her to his car.

as he pulled into the familiar home, he spotted both of her parents cars.

yes she's home, he thought happily.

zion knocked on the door to be met with ryan's dad.

"goodmorning sir" zion said

"good morning zion" he smiled.

"is ryan home?"

"i'm sorry boy" he shook his head.

"well when is she coming back?" zion asked confused.

"zion, ryan moved down to california this morning. she's going to start ucla under special admission in a month"

"what– what do you mean?" zion asked again still not understanding.

"she's gone, she's not coming back" her dad explained.

zions head began to spin. this was worse than being drunk or high.

"she left this letter on her desk though, and i don't think it was for me" he smiled trying to console zion, handing him an envelope with the name caleb written in pretty cursive letters.

he took the envelope into his hands and made his way back to his car, where he just sat.

she couldn't have just left without saying goodbye. she wouldn't. why would she do that?

_______

wow this chapter was
SAD
i don't know if it gets
better soon, tbh

7 likes for next update 😇