letter

"yes mom i'll make sure to set the alarm before i fall asleep" ryan groaned into the phone.

it was a long drive down to california, but she had made it. the movers helped her unload her bedroom into the house so rearranging the room was pretty easy.

the rest of the home was pretty empty but she's take care of that soon enough.

ryan contemplated on calling the boys. calling zion was out of the picture. she knew she wouldn't be able to hold a conversation. but maybe she could with nick.

her fingers hovered over his name before actually pressing on his name.

"who do you think you are?" he answered.

"i couldn't say goodbye. you'd all convince me not to leave, and i needed to leave" ryan whimpered.

"ry we love you and we just want what's best for you. i mean no we probably would try to convince you not to leave but i mean i feel like we deserved a decent goodbye. at least zion." nick said.

ryan began to tear up, letting her best friend in on her feelings.

"i'm a mess and i can't drag him with me. he deserves normality, which is what he had before i got there" she expressed.

"zion hopped from girl to girl, stopping at arielle in between. he's not normal and neither are you, but somehow together you guys are meant for eachother"

"there's an entire state between us now, i can't ask him to choose me nick."

"i guess not" he sighed over the phone.

nick tried to liven up ryan's mood by making her show him the home. she went outside on the balcony and showed him the view of the city lights from her bedroom.

"maybe one day i'll move out there too and we can be neighbors or something" nick laughed.

"maybe" ryan nodded her head.

_________

the envelope sat in his passenger seat for two days now. zion still hadn't gotten the courage to open it up yet.

he was on his way to pick up brandon so that they could pick up their tuxedos from the tailor.

even after the drama of the week, the guys had decided to go to formal after all.

"yo, what's this letter?" brandon asked hopping in the car.

"oh, it just something ryan left for me" zion said coldy

"what's it say?"

"i haven't gotten the balls to open it" zion shrugged.

"fuck that, open this shit right now or i will" brandon rolled his eyes at zion.

luckily they had arrived at their destination. zion grabbed them envelope in his hands and opened the seal. he pulled out the white lined paper with her perfect writing.

dear caleb,

i hope you're reading this and my dad didn't think it was meant for him. if this is you, hi dad. please put the letter back in the envelope and give it to zion.
anyways, during these short couple of months i have learned a lot about myself that i didn't know i had within me. overall i probably had it within me the entire time but honestly i owe it to you for bringing it out within me. you are an incredible soul who deserves more recognition than you are given most times.
after intensive thoughts, i have made the decision to leave washington. i never belonged here, you just made me feel like i did. i don't think it's the best idea to call you for a while. you won't be the easiest to get over ya know. but i hope in the future i can find the courage to call you up again to hang out.

goodbye my forever friend,

ryan

"what's it say?" brandon asked.

"she's never coming back" zion faked a smile that allowed him to hold back his tears.

"you good man?"

"i'm fantastic, let's go get the tux man" zion said nearly jumping out of his truck.

the rest of the day was awkward between the boys. brandon didn't know how to soothe zion. this was unmarked territory for the boy.

zion didn't know how to feel either though. the letter just put him in an awkward feeling. she confessed her love but wanted to remain friends. he finally found himself in a girl and she wanted nothing to do with him anymore.

love: 1, zion: 0

________

told ya it wouldn't get much better.

10 votes for the next update!