donuts

a loud bang from downstairs woke ryan up from her sleep. the throbbing in her head had it difficult to stand up from her bed but eventually she made it up.

"good morning princess" johnson smiled.

"how are you happy?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"it's easy when you don't drink your weight in alcohol" jack smirked.

"do you even remember last night?" johnson asked.

ryan shook her head, taking a big sip of coffee from jack's cup.

"well to recap your night, you drank until nick wouldn't let you anymore. you kept singing isn't she lovely by stevie wonder. and then you kicked zion out for looki–" johnson began before being kicked by jack under the table.

"why did i kick zion out?" ryan asked.

the boys looked at each other before jack rolled his eyes.

"you said he was looking at you like he used to when you guys were a thing" he said.

ryan gulped the coffee and rested her face in the palm of her hands. of course she told zion that. it's been more than 4 months, why would he be hung up on her still?

"but don't worry we took you upstairs before you could say anything else" jack smiled.

"you mean after she took her shirt off and waved it in the air like she was at a strip club" johnson laughed.

"i did not" ryan gasped wide eyed.

"everyone turned away ry" jack assured her.

"oh my gosh i hate me" she sulk into her chair.

_________

the boys house was usually quite until noon, when zion and nick would hop on their games and yell, filling the home with loud noise.

"you think we should call ry and make sure she's alright?" edwin asked brandon.

"maybe we should check with zion first and see what his feelings are on last night" b suggested.

zion was locked away in his room since the moment they all got back home last night.

when ryan yelled for him to leave, austin walked with him to the grocery store around the corner to grab his car then go back home.

when nick, brandon, and edwin arrived zion had already isolated himself from the others.

"porter, did he say anything on your way back home?" ed asked.

"he mumbled some stuff, but all i heard was 'how am i supposed to get over you when i don't even know why you left me' and then he punched the wall by the stairs"

"i told y'all that shit wasn't me" nick mumbled, "i remember the dumb shit i do when i'm drunk"

the boys proceeded to go upstairs and check on zion. the lock on his door made it a challenge to get in but not too hard since edwin could easily pickpocket it.

"why the fuck you breakin into my room for?" zion groaned still laid up in bed.

"we got some questions" brandon said taking a seat on the swivel chair.

zion let out a deep sigh already knowing what was coming.

"are you still hung up on ryan?" nick asked.

"this shit irrelevant" zion rolled his eyes.

"we're asking because we care, and if our friendship with ryan is too hard for you to accept then it's fine. you're our guy and we gotta stand by you no matter what" edwin said.

"it's not that you guys having a friendship with her hurts me. it's the fact that i can't do that with her"

the doorbell rang from downstairs and austin made his way to answer the door.

"uhh, guys ryan is here" austin yelled up to the boys. " and she brought donuts"

the 4 exchanged looks and nodded to go downstairs.

"she's not here for us z" nick told him as they went downstairs.

"how do you know that? you guys are like best friends"

"she already text us to apologize for last night. i'm assuming this apology is for you" he patted zion's back.

they were all in the backyard patio surrounding the table where ryan had the pink box open. she had also made sure grab the iced coffees for all of the boys since she remembered just how much they loved coffee from donut shops.

"this shit ain't got nothin on dunkin" nick said taking a bite of his glazed donut.

"wow never heard anyone say thank you like that" ryan rolled her eyes.

"i'm kidding ry, this is amazing" he tried to save himself.

"thanks ryan" zion smiled slightly.

ryan looked up to make eye contact with him. she couldn't believe her had just said something directly to her. not even her mind could comprehend it enough to make words. her head simply nodded as a smile formed on her face.

"uh, would you look at the time" brandon pointed at his watch-less wrist.

"yeah i gotta hit the gym after these donuts" nick ran inside.

"wow great idea nick" austin followed.

edwin remained seated looking between zion and ryan with hearts in his eyes.

"hey ed, can you do me a favor and find me that shirt i let you borrow last week" zion asked, clearly trying to get rid of him.

"i gave it back yesterday" edwin said still oblivious.

"no you didn't"

"yes i di– OHHH you wanna be alone?"

zion faceplamed himself as his cheeks grew red. edwin laughed and made his way back inside with the rest of the boys who pressed their ears against the wall.

"so–" ryan giggled.

"yeah" zion smiled big.

______________
guess who finally
felt like writing again 🤡

n.e ways drop your
netflix suggestion here

10 votes for next update