●Late Night Cuddles

I love my roommate Phoebe, don't get me wrong, but sometimes her logic baffles me. Our fire alarm started going off at 3am, so she decided the best idea would be to smash it up with her shoe, wrap it in a blanket, throw it down the trash chute and now that the fire department have given it back to us it still won't stop ringing. I've had enough, I'm going to Chandler's.

"Bye, Pheebs!" I yell over the incessant ringing. "Good luck!"

"This is so unfair!" She wails. "Why am I left to deal with this just because you want to go to your boyfriend's?"

I say nothing, slipping on one of the hoodies I stole from Chandler over my pyjamas, and silently closing the front door behind me. I finally arrive at his place, and it's pitch black in the hallway. It's 4am now, after all. I knock on the door quietly, and my boyfriend answers, his hair tousled and sticking up in all directions.

"[Y/N]?" he says groggily. "You're not supposed to arrive here for another five hours..."

"Is it ok if I stay here tonight?" I mumble, falling gratefully into his open arms.

"Of course, honey..." he whispers, planting a kiss on to top of my head. "What happened at your place?"

"Long story short, our fire alarm broke so Pheebs smashed it with a shoe and it's even more broken but still ringing."

"Oh wow." he chuckles.

*

Half an hour later, I'm cuddled up in bed with Chandler, warming my hands with my mug of cocoa. He has his arms around me, occasionally planting kisses on my neck as we watch [your favourite film] together.

"How come Joey lets you have the old TV in your room?"

"Between you and me, he thinks I threw it away. I just throw a blanket over it every time he comes in, works like a charm."

"Don't you think he'll find out at some point?"

"[Y/N]... it's Joey."

"Good point," I chuckle, stifling a yawn. "I can't believe I've got to get up for work in two hours..."

"I'll call in sick if you will." he smirks, taking the mug out of my hands and downing the last of my cocoa in one.

"Chandler!" I frown, "You're going to pay for that." I look around the room, my eyes landing on the remote. I grab it and run out of the room, filling the kitchen sink with water and holding the remote over it. Chandler emerges from his room, his eyes widening at the sight of the remote hanging dangerously close to the water.

"Not the remote!" he cries, lunging forwards and trying to grasp it. This leads to him slipping over a meatball Joey dropped on the floor a few hours ago and I land on top of him, our faces inches apart.

"Well, look how that worked out." I smile wryly, leaning down and kissing him deeply. He kisses me back, and his lips taste of contentment and happiness and stolen cocoa. He rolls us over just as the lights flicker on and Joey appears from his room. He gasps at the sight of Chandler and me rolling around on the floor.

"No, no, no, no, no!" he yells. "Not under my roof!"

"I pay your rent for you, Joe." I smile, turning my head to look at him.

"Get up!" shouts Joey, physically lifting me off of Chandler. His strength amazes me.

"That's okay Joe, we can finish up in my room." says Chandler, grabbing my hand and guiding me to his room.

"Honey?" I chuckle. "You've got that meatball on your shirt."

"MY MEATBALL?!" screams Joey.

"It was on the floor."

"I WAS SAVING IT FOR LATER!"