●Broken together

Requested by LexusBianca

A bit different from the kinds of storylines I normally do, in which Chandler and [Y/N] were married. I hope I did this request justice!
_________________________________________

I close the door to my new apartment, setting my bags down with a sigh. I can't quite believe this is how I'll be living from now on. I slip my wedding and engagement rings off, forcing back the tears, and start to unpack, dreading when I'll have to give the engagement ring back to Chandler. Even the thought of his name breaks me; he hurt me so much, and he can never take back what he did. The worst part is, I still love him. Despite everything, I don't think I'll ever stop loving him, needing him, wanting him. But after ten years together, including three years of marriage, and after raising six-year-old twin girls together, I can't forgive him and I don't think I ever will. That's why I had to leave. That's why I had to say goodbye.

I remember the day I walked into our apartment and was met by the sight of my husband pushing my best friend against the wall and kissing her like his life depended on it, like I meant nothing to him. Monica, who I thought I could trust more than anyone in the world. Monica, who was there for me when I fell pregnant, who took me to the hospital when I went into labour (Chandler was at work but took a taxi as soon as we called him). Monica, who walked me down the aisle at my wedding in the place of my late father, because she has been more like a mother, more like a sister to me than anyone else. But all that means nothing now, because she betrayed me.

I later found out that they'd been having an affair for six months, since we went to London for Ross' wedding. He said he was helping Ross get ready for the wedding, but he was really with Monica. I remember confronting him the evening I found out. A vase hit the wall next to his head, the roses he'd bought for me strewn on the floor. Twelve of them.

"I thought you loved me!" I yelled, mascara running down my face with my tears. "Am I not enough for you? Or did I only imagine dating you for seven years, being married to you for three years, having two children with you? And you just want to throw that all away?"

"[Y/N], I'm sorry-"

"'Sorry' won't turn back time! 'Sorry' won't erase the fact that you betrayed me! With my best friend! How could you do that? Why did you do that?"

"I wasn't thinking-"

"For six months?! That's right, you weren't thinking! You never were thinking about me, just of yourself! The girls are staying with Rachel tonight. You shouldn't expect to see them again."

It's been a week since that fight, and I mailed the divorce papers to Chandler, who is staying in our apartment, a few days ago. That's why I had to move out, and I won't be surprised if Monica moves in soon enough.

"Mommy? Are you okay?" One of the girls, Julia, comes in from her new bedroom and sits in my lap on the couch. "What did Daddy do? Why do we live here now?"

"Your father did something which is very wrong. He was telling lies. You mustn't tell lies, Ju, or it will make people very sad." I hold her close to me, combing her hair with my fingers.

"Did Daddy make you sad?" says my other daughter, sitting next to us. "My teacher told us that if we are sad we should think of something happy, and focus on that instead."

"That's good advice, Amelia." I whisper, kissing her forehead, but I know that won't work. Chandler was the person who has made me so desperately sad, but he is also one of the only people who has made me happy. And I can't focus on him. I can't.

My phone rings, and I ignore it, the girls running back to their new room to play. A message starts playing on speakerphone.

"Hey, [Y/N], it's Mon. I know you can't talk right now and I understand. I'm so sorry, [Y/N], I wasn't thinking about your feelings. I wasn't thinking about the fact that you're married, you guys have a family together... I was only thinking of myself. I love you, [Y/N], and I can't bear to be the reason you're so down. I can't bear to be the reason your family has fallen apart. I'm going to stop seeing Chandler. I shouldn't be the reason a family is broken up. You need to give him a second chance, not just for you guys, but for your family. Julia and Amelia need both of you, together."

I think about it. Monica's stopped seeing him. I could give him a second chance. I was there for the whole 'we were on a break' fiasco and the next few weeks after that breakup were awful. Do I really want to end up like Ross and Rachel? He really hurt me, but I want to give this another shot. I stand up, starting to repack my things, and after around an hour I'm ready to go again. I decide to bring the girls round first. I knock on the door apprehensively, letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding as the door opens. The girls run inside to Rachel and Phoebe, who are sitting on the couch. I'm met by Chandler.

"[Y/N]?"

"I... I think we should give our marriage another chance. The truth is, I can't live without you, even if you hurt me so much. Monica told me she's ended things with you."

"She has. We both ended it. I felt so guilty, not just when you found out, but the whole time I was with her. She wasn't the one. I don't know why I did what I did. You're the one, [Y/N]. You're the only woman I want, and the only woman I need."

"I... I love you, Chandler."

"I love you too."

*

A week later, we decide to renew our wedding vows. It's a small ceremony: Joey is officiating, and the witnesses are just Rachel, Phoebe, Ross, and Monica. I was apprehensive about inviting Monica, but even after everything, she's still my best friend, and we've still gone through so much together. Amelia and Julia are with us as well.

"[Y/N], I promise to love you, and only you, for as long as I live. I want to raise our girls with you, and grow old with you. There is nobody else in the world I would want to marry... twice."

"Chandler... I don't think I'll ever forgive you. Not really. But I know that I love you, and I need you. I can't live without you. So nomatter what you do, I will always be by your side."

Joey looks at both of us with a grin, and then finishes the ceremony. "Well, I now pronounce you... married again. You may kiss the bride."

I put my hands on Chandler's shoulders, a small smile creeping onto my face as he leans in, his arms inching around my waist. I kiss him happily, just glad things are back to the way they were.

"No more secrets." says Chandler, hugging me, and I hug him back tightly.

"I guess I've got one to tell you, then..." I say, a little nervous now. I'd only found this out the day before I left Chandler, so I haven't told anyone yet. "Julia, Amelia, you're going to be big sisters!"

The girls squeal excitedly and suddenly I'm engulfed by my husband and daughters hugging me. This is my family, and I wouldn't change them for the world.

_________________________________________
I hope you enjoyed this! Hopefully updates will be more frequent in the coming months :)

-Dynasty