●Blackout

You enter the ATM vestibule, and the lights flicker out. Sure, you think sarcastically, this is normal. Glancing out of the window, you see all the lights in the city gradually shut off. You try the door, but it doesn't open, and suddenly you feel very cold and very, very alone.

A man around your age is standing at the other end of the vestibule, muttering to himself. "This is great. This is just-" he catches sight of you and the corners of his mouth twitch into a small smile. "-great..."
Ugh. It's highly likely he's like that guy you went out with the other night... Ken Adams. You went out with him once, had a great night, and then after he left your apartment the next morning saying he'd call, he didn't. You really do have the best taste in guys.

You're not sure why this guy is staring at you. He's just staring and smiling. It's starting to get a little creepy. You look down at your grey converse sneakers nervously, not used to guys taking an interest in you like this. Especially in this outfit, you think, glancing at your blue checked shirt and black skinny jeans. It was warmer outside when you first stepped into the vestibule; about a half hour has passed and your thin jacket is doing little to keep you warm.

The man clears his throat, somewhat nervously. "D'you want my coat?"

You start to say "No, that's fine-" but he's already putting it around your shoulders, and you can't help enjoying the warmth radiating from it. "So... what's your name?"

"Chandler. Chandler Bing."

"I'm [Y/N]."

"Wow, what a beautiful name." he smiles warmly.

"I always kind of hated it." you admit, shuffling your feet awkwardly.

"At least you're not called Chandler Bing."

You smile, noticing the two of you are standing a little close together. You back away a couple of steps, taking your phone out of your pocket and calling your roommate, Gunther.

"Hey, Gunther," you smile. You've always loved your roommate, but more like a brother. "Just letting you know I'm safe. How are you?"

"I'm fine," he replies. "Where are you?"

"I'm trapped in an ATM vestibule. No, I'm not alone, there's some guy here too. Chandler Bing."

"Oh, I know him, he's a regular at the coffee place. You could do a lot worse than him, you know." Your cheeks heat up, and you bite your lip nervously as you glance over at Chandler. He's actually quite attractive, now that you realise it. You could do a lot worse...

"Thanks, Gunther, but I'm not sure. I don't want another Ken Adams incident."

"He's not like that. I'll see you later, [Y/N], stay safe."

You hang up the phone, looking up at Chandler. "D'you wanna use the phone?"

"Thanks," he says, taking it from me. "Hi Mon, it's me. Yeah, I'm fine." Then he starts using a weird voice. "Mmm trppd... nn an eettuuemm vustubll... wutthh a hhhhut grrl... put Joey on the phone!" He repeats this weird language and the person on the other end seems to understand it. "Yeah right, like I haven't thought of doing that already." You have a strange feeling he's talking about you. "Thanks Joe, I'll see you later." He hangs up, giving the phone back to me.

*

It's been a few hours now, and you feel like you know Chandler a lot better. There's not much to do in here, so for the past two hours you've been sitting on the floor against the wall, swapping life stories. You're still wearing Chandler's coat, and you don't really want to take it off, and he doesn't seem to mind.

"You must be freezing," you say quietly, touching his arm.

"Really, I'm fine," he says, shivering at your touch. "Do you have gum?" You take a stick of gum out of your purse, handing it to him.

"So, where did you grow up?" You ask as he starts chewing it.

"Well, I'm originally from Long Island, and-" he's suddenly cut off as he starts choking on the gum. He stands up, starting to go blue in the face and you leap into action, throwing your arms around his torso and forcing him to spit out the gum. He takes a moment to compose himself, before turning around, and your hands move from around his waist to lightly resting on his chest.

"So... you're from Long Island," you mumble. "What else?"

"I've completely forgotten what I was going to say." he whispers, his hands finding your waist and pulling you towards him as your faces inch closer and closer together. And suddenly he's kissing you, and you're kissing him back, and it's so unlike you to do something so impulsive as to kiss a guy you've just met, but you have a strange feeling it's meant to happen. The lights flicker back on, and the two of you break apart, taking a moment to look around.

"Wow, I've never had a kiss that powerful before..." you grin.

"D'you want to come back to my friends' place? They've got wine and... probably pizza."

"Probably pizza?"

"Well, Joey's there, so pizza can't be far away."

*

You walk into apartment 20, and the person you see sitting on the couch eating pizza is the last person you expected to run into.

"Ken Adams?"