●In London?!?!?!?

Requested by tipsyyangel
A bit of a different one as I decided to set it in London. It's a more familiar setting for me (as I'm from England) and I'm sure it is for the person who requested this!
_________________________________________

"[Y/N], can we go home now?" pleads Joey after he finishes his somewhat weird speech. We're in London, at the rehearsal dinner for Ross and Emily's wedding. I'm a little nervous; Chandler and I booked our hotel rooms at the last minute (well to be honest, the whole wedding was a little last-minute), so there was only one left. Knowing our luck, it's just a double bed. Of course this means we have to share it, which wouldn't normally be an issue except I have a pretty major crush on Chandler. It's nothing; I have it under control, it's just a little sad at times. I feel so guilty for feeling this way about him because he's one of my best friends, and I've had to get through it on my own, because I know if I tell one of the other five it'll end up getting back to Chandler somehow.

"We can't go home Joey, Ross' wedding is tomorrow."

"Are you leaving? I was hoping to get to know you better." says a pretty bridesmaid.

"I'm not going anywhere, sweetheart." he grins, starting to talk to her. I roll my eyes, smiling to myself. All he needed was a distraction.

I see Chandler sitting alone and decide to see how he's doing. "You okay?" I ask after sitting next to him.

"I've been better," he admits. "I'm never going to get married, am I? I'm going to spend my entire life alone. I fell in love with Janice and I screwed that up, I fell in love with Kathy and I screwed that up too... what's wrong with me?"

"There's nothing wrong with you, Chandler," I put my hand on his shoulder. "You're sweet, and kind, and smart... and someday this will happen for you too."

"You think so?"

"Of course. I'm going to bed, I'm absolutely spent." I head to the hotel room, my thoughts going at a million miles an hour. Should I tell him? I was going to, right before he started dating Kathy, but I chickened out at the last second and I've regretted it ever since. Why can't I just do it? It's not like he'll hate me for being honest with him, and after all, it's always nice to hear someone tell you they like you, even if the feeling isn't mutual.

I decide I should just go for it. What's the worst that could happen? He could hear me, I think. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. I can-

My mantra is interrupted by Chandler coming in, looking downright miserable.

"Hey." he mumbles, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Hey."

"[Y/N], do you remember when Mr Heckles died, and we had to clear out his apartment and I realised how alike he and I were."

"Vividly."

"This is it, isn't it?"

"What?"

"This is it. This is the beginning of the end. I'm going to end up like Heckles and be alone... forever!"

"Of course you're not, Chandler-"

"Yes I am! Every time I fall in love with someone I end up screwing it up! I screwed it up with Janice, I screwed it up with Kathy-"

"Chandler, maybe those things happened for a reason."

"Oh please, I don't believe in that karma crap."

"I didn't mean that. Maybe... maybe someone else will come around."

"Like who? Who the hell would want someone like me?"

"I would!" I blurt out, clapping my hands over my mouth as I say it. "Shit... I wasn't supposed to say that."

"You... you have feelings for me?" He stares at me in disbelief. "How... how long?"

"Does it matter?" Five years, but he doesn't have to know that. Pretty much since we met. I remember the day we met: I helped Rachel escape her wedding, and we both came to the city to start our lives over. Chandler was the first one who really welcomed me into the group. I really felt like I was in a family... but I've always wanted more.

"Of course it matters... okay, now I have to tell you something. The day we met... pretty much ever since I first laid eyes on you, I knew I loved you. You're just... perfect. But I never knew how to tell you before, and the longer I left it the more it would have ruined our friendship if you hadn't felt the same, and I didn't want to risk that."

"Do you know now?"

"I do. [Y/N], I am so in love with you." He stands up and I take a step closer to him, biting my lip as his eyes search mine, and I see all the longing and wondering and waiting reflected in his face. His hands find my waist and mine come to rest at his chest, our faces inching closer and closer until our lips finally meet.

Although we're just two people in a little hotel room in the middle of the sprawling, bustling city of London, to us we're the only two in the world. And for just a second, it feels like time has stopped for us, and after what feels like several summers (though the rain is hammering down outside) we break apart, and I know in that instant that I have no regrets.

_________________________________________

1k reads wtf 😭😭😭

I'm really sorry this was so short! I've been pushed for time at the moment what with exams and such, and if you read the previous chapter you'll know the million and one other things I've got going on in my head at the moment. I really do hope you enjoyed this :)

I won't be updating so frequently for the next couple of months as I'm so busy with exams, but on June 12th at noon, I'll be free as a bird :)

Hope you're all well

EDIT: my GCSEs have been cancelled cos of coronavirus, so I'm free as a bird for the next six months. Requests are open as always, expect lots of updates!

-Dynasty