●Happy?!

I've run out of Friends memes so I'm going to start just putting random memes which made me laugh at the start of each chapter lol

Not proofread

Anon request

Disclaimer: unsuitable for those triggered by reference to sexual assault. I am in no way attempting to glamorise or glorify sexual assault. All mentions are purely fictional and not based on true events.
_________________________________________

I wake up to the sound of that damn rooster for the third night in a row. I glance at the clock - it's four in the morning. This is getting ridiculous, I'm being deprived of sleep because of that stupid chicken.

I storm out of my room, practically running across the apartment to Chandler's, banging on the door until he finally answers it, running a hand through his unkempt hair.

"What the hell is that noise?" I demand.

"You?" he mumbles, suppressing a yawn.

"Not me, that damn chicken!"

"She's just... going through some changes."

"What kinds of changes?"

"The vet seems to think she's... becoming a rooster. We're getting a second opinion."

"I'm not going to carry on living here if I have to wake up every day at four in the morning to that damn noise!" I hiss, storming back into my room. I slam the door behind me, leaning against it and letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

For some reason, since Chandler and Janice got back together we've been arguing a lot more. Most of the time it's over trivial things, like the chick waking me up at ungodly hours, but sometimes when I see the way he looks at Janice, I know he isn't happy. I know he doesn't really love her. I know that all this anger between us is just years of bottled-up feelings we're too scared to admit, and I know he loves me, but he won't admit it because we swore never to speak of what happened.

*Three years previously*

I'm reading in my room when suddenly I hear raised voices.

"You kissed my best Ross! Or, something to that effect..."

It's Chandler. He's finally confronting his mother about everything she's put him through. Part of me wants to go out there and help him, but I know it isn't my place. This is his battle, and he has to fight it alone.

For a while, all that can be heard is the shouting, but after about an hour, there is finally silence. I tentatively emerge from my room, just in time to see Nora leaving the apartment.

"Did you finally do it? You told her everything?" I ask, my book still in my hand.

"I did," he smiles, but it fades quickly, an unfamiliar glint in his eye, "that's a... nice shirt you've got on there, [Y/N]."

I look at him, a little puzzled, until I look down at my top. It's the same style of shirt I wear every day: plaid, button-down. Until I realise I've left it unbuttoned. I did it when I was reading in my room; my fan wasn't doing anything to keep my room cool.

I force myself not to blush, but do nothing about my shirt. The damage is done. "I was hot." I mumble, stepping closer to him until we're two feet apart.

"You are." he whispers. He thinks I'm attractive? My stomach does a backflip. I've always had a small crush on him, but had just decided our friendship is more important to me, especially since I didn't know he felt the same.