Shopping

The Weasley's, Harry, Mikayla and Hermione all walk out of Gringotts with money bags. "Alright you're all responsible enough to get your own supplies. Be smart with your money and go ahead. Ginny come with me." Mrs Weasley smiled, the foursome rushed to Ollivanders first because Ron was going to get his new wand. He tried four different woods and cores before finding the wand for him, a 14" Unicorn Hair, Willow tree wand. "Robes next?" Hermione asked they all agreed before rushing to Madam Malkins shop, they got new robes and two new sets of gryffindor uniforms for the new year. They went to Flourish and Blotts, Mikayla and Hermione got a lot more books that the boys since they are taking up every subject, the store assistant nearly cried when they told her they needed three Monster books. They quickly left after that, Hermione and Mikayla convinces the boys they needed new parchment, quills and ink. After they got refills for their basic potions set, they went to Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour. Mikayla and Hermione got mint chocolate chip with sprinkles, while the boys got chocolate and sprinkles. They sat outside at a four person table, talking enjoying their ice cream and Harry told them how the owner helped him with his summer homework, "Mikayla made me finish mine before we went to Egypt." Ron groaned, Hermione smiled at her with a hint of pride for making sure Ron did his homework.

"Mikayla, um, can I, um, steal you away for a minute?" Neville asked as the foursome were about to walk into the joke shop. Mikayla told the others to go ahead while she followed Neville over to his grandmother. "Hello dear, I'm Augusta Longbottom but you can call me Augusta." His gran smiles, she stretched out her hand and Mikayla took it, "Mikayla O'Brien." Mikayla smiled back at her. "Neville here told me that you said you'd tutor him in the subjects he has trouble in." Mikayla nodded telling his grandmother that it was true information, "I was just wondering how your marks are?" She asked, this caused Neville to send a weird look towards Mikayla. "I'm one of the top students of the year." Mikayla spoke proudly, Mrs Longbottom mimicked this expression, "Very well, when will these study sessions happen?" Augusta asked, "We were thinking three times a week." Neville explains to his gran, Mikayla nods agreeing with him, Augusta smiled. "That's perfect. Thanks for helping him dear, I know he's a bit of a loner with no friends but-." Mikayla cut off Augusta upset that she would say such a thing in front of Neville, "I'm his friend. There's also Hermione, Harry, Ron, Dean, Seamus, Fay, Fred, George and Hannah. Neville has loads of friends, he's a very likeable person." Mikayla tells Augusta defending Neville, it's true that he can be clumsy and forgetful but he's a really nice guy and always makes people laugh. Neville smiled at Mikayla happily whilst Augusta stood stunned at the information Mikayla had just given her. "It's kind of scary how much you look and act like Enya." Augusta blurted out before she could stop herself, Mikayla smiled at the compliment, while Neville sent a fleeting look, "Thank you." Mikayla spoke softly, before turning around to catch-up with her friends who were looking at the fire bolt in the Quality Quidditch Supplies store window.

The Weasleys, Harry, Mikayla and Hermione sat at the dining table in the Leaky Cauldron devouring their dinner. Ron was still talking about Egypt where Hermione argued that they worshipped cats in Egypt because Ron has been giving her a hard time about her cat Crookshanks, Ron retaliated by saying they also worshipped a Dungbettle. This made Mikayla almost choke on her roast beef, as she took in a sharp inhale to laugh, she began coughing hysterically before eventually chugging her glass of water. Her eyes were watering from the near death experience but she then sided with Hermione, "Why do you hate Crookshanks so much when you've been around Alina for a year?" Referring to Ginny's cat that Mikayla gave her for her birthday. Ron scoffed, "Alina hasn't tried to murder Scabbers." Ron fought, "Yeah she does, I had to stop her in Egypt from eating him." Mikayla informs him, Ron looked stunned before looking over at Ginny's cat in her arms, and sending a scowl to the innocent creature. Ron stayed quiet for the rest of the meal, Mikayla joked around with George for a while, the two orchestrated a prank on Percy, that would take place later that night.

Mikayla yawned loudly straight after dinner, "I'm going to head to bed, get rid of my jet lag." She told the group as she stretched and stood up. Mrs Weasley dismissed her, they began talking about how they were going to get to Kings Cross, Mikayla rushed up into Percy and Ron's room. She looked all around the room looking for his Head Boy badge, before spotting it beside a bottle of polish, she quickly grabbed it and rushed to her and Fred's room when the twins walked in two minutes later. "Got it?" George asked, Fred looked extremely confused about what the two were on about. "Yeah, here you go... do as you must." Mikayla handed George the badge before quickly getting changed into her pyjamas in the bathroom. She heard the twins giggling in her room, she rushed out to see what they were doing. "DROP THE SONG BOOK NOW!" Mikayla yelled, the book hit the ground and the boys looked like they had walked through a ghost. Mikayla picked up the book, sending each of them a death glare before putting it in her school trunk. "Never touch m-" Mikayla was cut off by Percy yelling at Ron, Mikayla felt bad that Ron was being blamed for the prank but once she saw the badge she felt a lot better. The boys had changed 'Head Boy' to 'Bighead boy'. They came across Harry coming back upstairs, he forced a laugh, "I'm going to check on him." Mikayla told them following Harry to his room. She knocked on the door, Harry opened it and stepped aside once he saw it was Mikayla.

"What's troubling you, Harry?" Mikayla asked sitting down on the edge of his bed once he had patted the seat next to him. "Nothing, I'm just tir-" Mikayla cut the teen boy off, "Don't give me that tired bullshit, there's something bothering you now you can either tell me what it is or tell me to leave." Harry was stunned by Mikayla's language but sighs before telling Mikayla what he overheard from Mr and Mrs Weasley, Mikayla's jaw hit the floor. "How are you feeling after hearing this?" Mikayla asked concerned, she knew who Sirius Black was but her mother told her that she doesn't think he did what he was accused of doing. She said that he would've given his life for James no matter what, Mikayla believed her mam even if it was the unpopular verdict. "How do you think I feel?" Harry asked, "Well I think you're angry because everyone is treating you like a child, scared that a known murder is after you and confused why he escaped Azkaban to go after you, overall overwhelmed by the situation." Harry looked at Mikayla weird before nodding telling her that's exactly how he feels. "Don't worry, Harry. I'll teach you all I know because we both know that when it comes to it, trouble finds us." Harry nodded and hugged Mikayla thanking her, the duo talked for another 30 minutes about everything that's been going on, before Harry decided to go to sleep.