Dementors

"Is what you said to Malfoy true?" Harry asked Mikayla as she sat back down onto the seat beside Lupin. She couldn't give a verbal response, she just nodded, which was enough to stop the conversation from going any further.

The rain thickened as the train continued going north, the windows were a solid shimmering grey. It began getting darker, the lanterns around the train lit up as they continued to go. Suddenly the train started slowing down, "Why are we stopping?" Hermione asked, Mikayla stared at her watch, "We can't be there yet." Harry stood up looking out the compartment door, noticing a lot of other students did the same. The train jolted causing Harry to fall back on the seat and pinching Mikayla's leg. "Ouch." She whispered, "What's going on?" Ron asked loudly, Harry suggested that they might've broken down. "Ouch, Ron that was my foot." Hermione groaned just after all the lights went out. "There's something moving out there." Ron informed them looking out the window. They heard the compartment door open, it was so dark they couldn't see anyone, some fell painfully onto Mikayla and Harry's leg. "Sorry! D'you know what's going on? Ouch! Sorry." Mikayla recognises the voice almost instantly, "Hello Neville." Mikayla smiled, she knew he couldn't see it but she felt he was smiling as well. "What's happening?" Neville asked the compartment, "No idea! Sit down." Harry instructed, Hermione felt the boy sitting in between her and Ron. "I'm going to go up to the conductor and ask what's going on." Mikayla informed the compartment, making sure she didn't walk on anyone. Mikayla slid the compartment door open before a body collided with hers and they both cried out in pain as the hit the ground outside the compartment. "Who's that?" Both girls asked, "Ginny?" "Mikayla?" Hermione asked Ginny what she was doing and she admitted she was looking for Ron. Mikayla and Ginny help each other up before returning to the compartment, Ginny accidentally sat on Harry's lap before they both got settled into a seat.

There's was a crackling sound as though ice was forming, Mikayla felt the cold burn her lungs as she breathed in the icy air. The train jolted again causing Mikayla and Harry to bump heads, "Sorry Harry." Mikayla whisper as Ron yelled asking what was happening. The seven of them were all shivering and squashed together yet Professor Lupin stayed still. Mikayla heard something that sounded like wind coming towards their compartment, it was getting louder and Mikayla could've swore she saw something move outside. The compartment door clicked before slowly sliding open. Soon a cloaked figures appeared in front of them all, it sucked in and Mikayla felt every ounce of joy leave her body. She felt her eyes roll up as she started seeing flashes of her father beating her and the moment she found out her mother had died replayed in her head. She felt her body tense up and become very light headed before feeling Harry fall to the ground, she quickly got off the seat and tried to keep a distance between the creature and her friend. Lupin jumped up spoke a spell that was muffled in Mikayla's ears as he tried to comfort her friend.

"Harry! Are you alright?" Mikayla shook the boy, she was prepared to do the Revival Charm if need be but Harry soon woke up. Hermione handed Harry his glasses as Mikayla sat on the floor with her back against the seat. She took a deep breath as the Lupin gave Harry chocolate and everyone else filled him in on what happened. Mikayla watched the scene as she tried to prevent a panic attack. "You as well." Lupin handed Mikayla a piece of chocolate, she looked at him confused as why she would need it. "If it wasn't for the fact that you were so worried about Harry, you would've passed out as well." Mikayla bit the chocolate, she felt like it warmed her up almost instantly. Neville, Ginny and Lupin soon left, leaving the foursome alone for the first time during the trip. Mikayla stayed on the floor, she felt more relaxed knowing if she were to pass out she wouldn't go far.

"How you feeling Mikayla? you gave us a big scare before Harry passed out." Ron asked and admitted, Mikayla shrugged, "No matter how horrible it felt, I could feel myself losing consciousness but my instinct was to help Harry as best as I could. That's what kept me conscious." She looked at her feet as she hugged her knees. Harry smiled at her, he was embarrassed about passing out but he was happy he wasn't the only one who would've if Mikayla wasn't such a protective friend. "The chocolate does help a lot, Harry." Mikayla tells her friend after noticing he wasn't eating the chocolate. Harry took a bit of the chocolate to make Mikayla happy but he soon devoured the whole thing because the warmth it gave him. "We'll be arriving soon, you may want to get changed into your robes." Lupin piped his head back into the compartment obviously realising that they might've been talking about something important. Hermione and Mikayla found a bathroom to get changed in before rushing back to the boys.

Mikayla was sitting in between Harry and Hermione on the self moving carriage, across from her was Neville who was in between Ron and Ginny. The spoke about random stuffed as they were being transported to the castle, Mikayla caught Ron staring at Hermione as she spoke animatedly to Neville. Mikayla smirked slightly at the situation, soon the carriage stopped and the six of them hopped out and made their way to the Great Hall before Professor McGonagall stopped them. "Potter, Granger and O'Brien, my office now." The three sent Ron a horrified looking, each of them trying to come up with ways of why they could possibly be in trouble. McGonagall dismisses Ron while the three Gryffindors followed her to her office.

"Professor Lupin sent a letter saying you two had fallen ill on the train." She spoke looking at Mikayla and Harry, before they could say anything, Madam Pomfrey bursted in. "Come back for Miss O'Brien in a couple of minutes please Poppy. I need to speak to her and Miss Granger for a few more moments." Harry fought that he was ok, and didn't need to go to the hospital wing. McGonagall asked him to wait outside for his friends after Mikayla also assures that she was ok. McGonagall handed each girl a little sand timer attached to a necklace. "These are called time turners..." McGonagall went on to explain the use and many rules following the objects that laid in the young girls hands. "You will return these to me at the end of the year, once you've decided which subjects you want to keep." The girls nodded revealing they understand the terms of the devices they now possess before being dismissed.