Date for the Yule Ball

Mikayla and Hermione were relaxing in their natural habitat, the library, they were animatedly discussing the distinction between a Thestral and an Abraxan. "Thestral's can only be seen when you've seen someone die in front of you, not many people know what they actually look like." Mikayla explains to Hermione who nods, before a grunt was admitted beside them, they both looked up to see Viktor Krum, standing over them. Mikayla spotted Brian behind him, waving like mad, signalling to Mikayla to leave. "Brian! I wanted to discuss our solos!" Mikayla piped up, jumping and leaving Hermione with Viktor, Hermione sent Mikayla a helpless look to which Mikayla returns a sorrowful look before dragging Brian out of sight. "What's going on?" Mikayla whispered to him after Madam Pince glared at her for piping up at Brian earlier. "Viktor is asking Hermione to the Yule Ball." Mikayla squealed excitedly before stopping herself when she made eye contact with an angry Madam Pince. Mikayla secretly watched the encounter, she saw a blush with a charming smile grow on Hermione's face as she said yes. Mikayla smiled at Brian over her shoulder, "thanks again for checking up on that for me." She whispered close to his ear, Brian smirked nodded, "It was no problem really, Viktor got straight to the point as he is a man of very few words." Mikayla nodded, before seeing Viktor make his way back over to them, "I think I should start the song, and then you." Brian looked at Mikayla confused before spotting Viktor and going along with it. "You sure you're comfortable with that?" Mikayla nodded, before Viktor came into their eye line. "See you at rehearsal, Smirnov. Viktor." Mikayla nodded at Viktor before spinning around and dragging Hermione out of the library. "YAY!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU." Mikayla shouted excitedly once they reached the second floor. "I can't believe it. Why me?" Hermione asked looking at Mikayla, "You're one of the two girls who doesn't swoon over him constantly. To him you're a mysterious brainiac." Mikayla formulated, Hermione nodded. "Has Cedric asked you?" Mikayla shook her head sadly, "I think he's just assuming we'd go together, which I'm fine with, it would just be nice to be asked ya know." Hermione nodded wrapping her arm around her best friend, "Let's her to Charms before Professor Flitwick falls off his book pile in shock." Mikayla laughed at Hermione's attempt of a joke.

They were learning the 'Summoning Charm' today with Flitwick, Mikayla and Hermione has mastered it weeks ago, when the were learning the course work for the year. In walks Cedric with the Elite band and a velvet suit, Mikayla smiled as he whispered to Flitwick who clapped his hand excitedly. The tune of Mikayla and Cedric's favourite duet song begins, 'You're all that I need to get by' by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell. Mikayla looked at Hermione for some support before Cedric takes her hands pulling her up to sing with him. (Cedric- Jake, Marley- Mikayla, Ryder-Brian Smirnov, Artie- Marcus Belby, Sam- Wayne Hopkins )

Cedric leans in and Mikayla gives him a kiss as applause surrounding them, Mikayla pulled away as Cedric asked her to the Yule Ball. "I'd love to Ced." Mikayla smiled, she heard a mixture of awes and scoffs, Flitwick dismisses Cedric, Mikayla sits back in her chair, staring lovingly at the spot where he asked her to the Yule Ball. "Cedric has now raised the bar." Hermione whispered smiling at her bright eyed best friend.

"Evil, he is," Ron said angrily. He was upset about Professor Snape. "Springing a test on us on the last day. Ruining the last bit of the term with a whole load of studying." Ron moaned. "Mmm... you're not exactly straining yourself, though, are you?" Hermione observed, seeing a lack of notes in front of him. She raised her eyebrow at him then went back to quizzing Mikayla about antidotes during Snape's study hall. "Mandrake Restorative Draught?" Hermione asked, Mikayla knew the answer right away. "Reverses petrifaction, I'm sure we all know that one a little too well." The two girls chuckled lightly, "Yes, we got first hand experience with that nasty tasting stuff." Hermione and Mikayla shivered at the remembrance of the flavour of the potion they "drank?" It was more like it was poured down their throats.

"Pepperup Potion?" Mikayla looked up from her pile of notes staring at Hermione. "Cure a cold and/or flu." She stated, confidently. They shared a nod and a smile. "Dittany?" She shuffled the papers. "Regrows skin!" Mikayla shouted a bit too loudly, ducking her head slowly, hiding from the study hall eyes, she turned and whispered to Hermione. "Phoenix Tears?" "Can heal wounds and cancel out poisons." She said, turning her head, snapping, and pointing at Harry. He laughed, remembering the time he almost died trying to save Ginny in the Chamber of Secrets, because that was apparently funny now.

"Bubotuber pus?" Hermione looked at Mikayla, waiting for an answer, she was stumped, not knowing the answer. "Heals acne." Harry chimed in. Hermione gave a thumbs up. "You could use some yourself, Ron, clear up those zits before you ask out a girl." Harry laughed, poking a pimple on his nose. Ron rolled his eyes. "That reminds me, we better get a move on or we'll be the only ones in our year without dates." Ron rested his chin in his hands. "Well... us and Neville." Ron chuckled. The two girls snapped their heads at the boys sending them a glare, "Yeah, but, then again, he can take himself." Harry snickered. Mikayla smacked both of their shoulders, "It might interest you to know that Neville's already got someone." Mikayla glared at the boys for insulting their fellow Gryffindor, yeah Neville was clumsy but all he needed was a bit of confidence, and moral support from Mikayla. "Yea, your sister!" Hermione added. Ron and Harry's heads both shot towards Ginny in shock, Ginny blushes and ducks her head down. "S-so.. you're not going with anyone?" Harry asked, Mikayla looked at Harry in disbelief, the same expression was planted on Hermione's face. "Cedric asked her in Charms remember?" Hermione question angrily, they shrugged and shook their heads. "Merlin bless you boys, you're going to need it." Mikayla scoffed and began rummaging through her notes again, "He sang with her, they kissed in front of the entire class, I , I can't believe it." Hermione shook her head at the boys, who now looked very confused.

Ron got hit in the arm with a scrunched up paper, it was from Fred, it read; You better get a move on before all the good ones are gone. "Who are you taking them?" Ron questioned Mikayla faced palmed at Ron's stupidity, Fred hit Valerie with a ball of paper, miming out to her a invitation to the ball, "La Balle?" She questioned, looking at Mikayla for help, "Oui, Fred était merveilleux si tu voulais aller avec lui au balle." Valerie nodded her excitedly, "Oui, Yes." Fred beamed brightly, sharing a thankful yet saddened nod to Mikayla, she smile and nodded.

"Oi, Hermione, Mikayla. You're girls." He said, the girls slowly looked up at him. "Oh, well spotted." Hermione scoffed, then returned to her remaining notes. "You should go with us." He insisted "Come on, it's one thing for a bloke to show up alone. For a girl, it's just sad." Mikayla resisted the urge to hit him. How many times does he have to be told, "I'm not going alone, I'm. Going. With. Cedric." Mikayla spoke clearly, to drill the notion into Ronald's head, Hermione begins gathering her notes, Mikayla follows her actions, "I won't be going alone, because, believe it or not, someone's asked me." Hermione spoke clearly annoyed. The girls stood up abruptly and straightened their notes. They stomped towards Snape, handing up their work before Hermione stopped at the boys. "And I said yes!" She spat, turning away to march up stairs, Mikayla sent them a glare before following Hermione, to check up on her. Stupid Ron.