Buckbeak

Mikayla placed her bag beside the rock when an unwanted voice filled her ears, she was already in a bad mood, so Malfoy didn't have to push her buttons too much. "God, this place has gone to the dogs. Wait until my Father hears that Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes." His fellow Slytherins laughed loudly yet fakely, Mikayla turned around and advanced towards the aggravating blonde, "Shut up, Malfoy." The Slytherin 'oohed' as a massive smirk fell on Draco's face, Harry stood beside Mikayla for support as Malfoy swaggered up to her, leaving less that a foot of distance between them. Draco bit his lip schemingly, Mikayla rolled her eyes at this movement as Draco began to get a little close for her comfort. "Dementor! Dementor!" Mikayla didn't flinch but she knew Harry had. You'd know if a Dementor was close by the feeling you get, freezing and joyless. Mikayla watched as Draco and his friends pulled up their hoods acting 'spooky' Hermione pulled Harry away as Mikayla continued to glare at Malfoy. "You're a foul git, you know that right?" Mikayla called to the blonde, who returned to his stance in front of her. "So much for civil for your sister." He spat back getting closer but Mikayla wasn't backing down, "She'll get over it. You however mightn't ever walk again if you cross me, Malfoy." Malfoy violently grabbed Mikayla upper arm, she didn't move, she wasn't going to show Malfoy any weakness as he tightened his grip. Instead she raised her left hand, holding out five fingers, slowly dropping a finger as though she was giving him a five second warning. Once she reach two Malfoy let go of her and rejoined his friends, Mikayla smiled victoriously before returning to her friends and listening to Hagrid.

"Da-Da-da-dah!" Hagrid points to a grey horse-eagle looking creature, his sharp beak and talons instead hooves were the first thing Mikayla noticed but the second she looked into its eye, she saw the beauty in the creature. "Isn't he beautiful? Say hello to Buckbeak." Hagrid's chimed cheerfully. Ron asked what the creature was, others mutter which Mikayla took as them coming up with theories. Hagrid informed them of the qualities and dangers around hippogriffs and how to prevent any injuries. "Now, who'd like to come and say hello?" Hagrid asked clapping, Mikayla and Harry stood where they were not noticing their classmates taking a couple of steps back. "Well done, Harry and Mikayla. Well done." They sprung around sending glares to their betraying classmates, "Right, you first Mikayla." Mikayla stayed still until she felt Ron pushing her forward. "Now, you have to let him make the first move. It's only polite. So, step up. Give him a nice bow. Then you wait and see if he bows back. If he does, you can go and touch him...." Mikayla nodded showing Hagrid she understood what he had instructed her to do. Mikayla took a couple of steps forward leaving about 10ft between her and the creature. Mikayla bows lowly, keeping her eyes on the creature, the hippogriff looked at the blonde curiously before bowing in return. "Well done Mikayla! You can go and pat him now." Mikayla nodded advancing slowly towards the beautiful being, she stopped about three foot in front of Buckbeak, she held her arm straight out allowing the creature to come to her. Mikayla smiled as Buckbeak slid his beak under her hand. She petted the creature lightly smiling widely as they both stared into each other's eyes. "Think O'Briens found her soulmate." Draco laughed, Mikayla ignored him before stepping away from Buckbeak allowing Harry to try and form a bond with the beast. Once Harry had accomplished getting Buckbeak to allow him to let him, Mikayla returned to petting the creature alongside Harry.

Everyone clapped for the duo, "I think he may let you ride him now." Before they could question Hagrid had lifted them onto the back of Buckbeak, Harry sat in front of Mikayla. "Mikayla hold onto Harry, Harry don't pull his feathers." Hagrid slapped the beast behind before it began running and it took off from the ground, "WOAH!" The pair yelled in sync. Mikayla held onto Harry for dear life, her eyes closed and and her head buried into his back. "You've got to see this!" Harry yelled at Mikayla who finally looked at her surroundings as they grazed the Black Lake. Mikayla was in awe of the sight, "WOO HOO!" Mikayla yelled as she spread her arms like wings whilst Harry followed her actions, they both beamed with joy as they laughed at how dorky they were acting. Buckbeak eventually returned to the clearing, soon after touching the ground Hagrid lifted the two Gryffindors off the beasts back.

Mikayla saw Malfoy walking towards Buckbeak, she remembered what she saw in Divination. Malfoy was insulting Buckbeak, Mikayla quickly rushed out in front of her sisters boyfriend taking most of the blow from the Hippogriff, that sliced her right shoulder and arm but also nipped her neck and Draco's arm. They both fall to the ground, Malfoy starts whimpering that Buckbeak has killed him, Mikayla saw the blood pumping from her shoulder. She got herself up, everyone gasped looking at the girl in fear as they watched her clothes get blood stained. Mikayla wasn't really aware of what was happening, she was losing a lot of blood but she saw Hagrid pick up Draco who was crying in pain. Hermione rushes to Mikayla's side, guiding her where she was going and helping her walk towards the hospital wing.

Mikayla groaned as her eyes fluttered open, the glare of the sun reflected in her eyes making her throw up left arm to block it, mainly because her right arm aches like hell. "Miss O'Brien! Alright drink this and you'll be able to leave in two hours." Mikayla nodded taking a sip of the nasty tasting soup, she turned her nose up at it but soon chugged it in a rush to get out of the hospital wing. All Mikayla's friends bursted into the room, she must've been there overnight because visiting hours began now. "Thank god, you're ok!" Ginny slightly hugged Mikayla trying her best not to hurt the girl, George took the opposite approach by slapping Mikayla's left shoulder, "Don't you dare scare us like that again, Missy!" He looked genuinely worried at Mikayla's state but wanted to try and relieve the tension within the group. "Why'd you jump in front of Malfoy?" Ron asked blatantly, he looked upset at Mikayla's sacrifice. "I don't know. He's dating Avery now, and he makes her happy which she really needs right now and when I saw it in Divination he looked really roughed up. And I-" Hermione cut Mikayla off, "you saw it in Divination?" Mikayla nodded, "When you held my shoulder trying to comfort me, it was almost like a memory but I knew it wasn't, because it hadn't happened." Mikayla shrugged the gang shared glances with each other before finally talking to Mikayla about what she missed out on.