21. Rekindled Flame

A/N: Nicole on side :)

Jasmine.

"No you're not," He spat, rising from the bed and towering over me.

"Who says?"

"I do. Don't let what we're doing get into the way of business. I told you don't bring our personal problems into this. You gotta understand--"

"August shu--"

"Damn," He exclaimed. "Let me talk for once. You've been doing all the damn talking. Let me explain."

I crossed my arms and quieted down.

"Thank you. Now, I'm not doing this to hurt you. I never had any intention of hurting you," He sighed then grabbed my hand and brought it to his lips, leaving a tender kiss. "I'm sorry and I mean it. When she comes down, I'll end everything with her for you."

"That's not what I want you to do. I don't want to be the reason for her sorrows because I would feel so guilty that I wouldn't be able to enjoy us," I softly spoke. "So let's just be co-workers as of now and we'll see how things go." I cracked a slight smile that I was hesitantly holding in.

"Let it out and smile," He joked then pulled me into a tight hug. "See ya later, Katherine."

I kicked him in the back of the knees as he walked toward the door. He turned around and grabbed my waist, pushing me into the wall. I chuckled then pushed him away from me.

"Goodnight, Anthony."

"My middle name? Cute," He said sarcastically.

After pushing him out the door, I was finally able to get back in that cozy bed. I closed my eyes, drifting into sleep until my alarm blared from the side of me. You've got to be kidding me?

~~~

The tour bus ride was solemn. Tonight is going to be a tough one. Madison Square Garden? Never thought I'd set foot on that stage. Let alone be performing. I'm excited, but what I'm not excited for is Nicole. I don't know what to expect from her or whether to approach her on some real or just leave it all alone.

"Yo, we here," Bahja exclaimed through her hands, clasped around her lips.

A light laugh rumbled in my mouth. "I know."

"So get your fine ass up so we can party," She said, dancing around.

I chuckled then stood up and walked down the stairs of the bus, leading to the icey ground. I rubbed up and down my arms to make some type of heat. August waved at me and I returned the gesture with a smile. My smile faded when I saw a unfamiliar women step in front of him and hold onto his waist with a bubbly smile. Assuming she's Nicole, I turned the opposite way and headed toward the arena.

"Don't worry about her," Anabelle said beside me.

"What," I asked in confusion.

"Nicole. We've all been introduced to her, but he made it clear that he doesn't want her around you," She answered, shaking her head.

"I don't care about her or whatever they got going on. As long as it's not being broadcasted in front of me," I said nonchalantly.

She shrugged her shoulders and continued into the building as I followed behind. She's beyond gorgeous and I don't want to be jealous, but come on. I'm salty as hell right now.

~~~

Backstage was hot and humid. I fanned myself in irritation while watching all these skimpy women run threw here. Making him sign the seat of your panties? Is that what we doing now?

"Hi. Jasmine, right," Nicole asked, approaching me.

My heart beat increased at each word she spoke and my palms grew moist from nervousness.

"Um, yeah," I answered.

"Prettier than I expected." She pursed her lips. "You know who I am, correct?"

That sounded more demanding than questioning. I thought I'd throw a little spice in here.

"Mmm. No," I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

"No? You sure about that," She asked in a stern voice.

"See, I don't know if you're trying to intimidate me or be genuine. Which one," I said in a bitchy tone.

"Oh. Girl, you do not know who you're talking to. I will not hesitate to cause a scene in here and expose your little skank ass--"

"Excuse you? I'm not about to be arguing with you about August--"

"No. No. This isn't about August. This is about respect. I got rid of those pictures for you when they could've been all over TMZ," She shouted the last word.

August rushed over and grabbed a hold of the middle of her back.

"Act accordingly. This is not the time nor is it the place," He said lowly. "And I thought I told you to stay away from her," He looked at Nicole as he spoke.

I rolled my eyes and walked away. I didn't want to stand there awkwardly so I left to finish getting ready. I regret how I reacted, but she came at me sideways. Or was I overreacting? Either way it doesn't matter anymore.

"Jas. What happen back there? You good," August asked, approaching me from behind.

"I'm fine. Go be with her so she doesn't claw my eyes out," I joked, turning around to face him without knowing he was three inches away from me. "Aug--"

He cut me off by outlining my lips with his index finger.

"I meant what I said when I told you I missed you," He said lowly.

"August. Let's not do this," I said slightly above a whisper.

"Nah. Let's do it," He said, leaning toward my face.

I leaned up so our lips could meet in the middle. When they touched, I felt a spark that I hadn't felt in years. He lifted me onto the vanity as I wrapped my arms and legs around his body. My hands found their way up the front of his shirt as he tugged at my bottom lip. I moaned lowly and lightly dug my nails into his skin.

"The show," I muttered.

He instantly snatched back. "We'll finish this later."

I hopped off the counter with the corner of my bottom lip between my teeth. Things might not be that bad after all.

_______________________________________

A/N: Next chapter should be longer.

Things seem back to normal, but do you think it's going to last?

Was Jasmine naive for going back to August? Was it too early?

Do you think Nicole disrespected Jasmine or was she being genuine?