22. Ain't Ready

A/N: Jasmine's outfit for the party is on the side.

Jasmine.

Iz Dat You played from the hotel radio as I grazed the powder brush over my nose toward my cheeks, rushing to get ready for an outing with everyone on the tour. It's been about three days since August sent Nicole home and called off everything with her. The entire backstage witnessed it and I'm pretty sure it was embarrassing for the both of them. I felt like it had something to do with me, so of course I was feeling guilty. Then again, it might not had been about me, but I never asked and he never mentioned it. After completing my makeup, I walked over to my outfit that was laid out on my temporary bed. I peeled off my bathrobe then pulled on the cat suit before pulling the leather pants over my bottom half.

"Does this look okay," Bahja asked, approaching me and twirling as her neon skirt and half shirt tightly hugged her perfect body.

"It's look better than okay. You look amazing," I complimented, scanning her outfit.

"Thank you," She gushed, holding her cheeks.

"No problem, babes."

"Is something bothering you," She asked, fiddling with her fingernails.

I sighed. "I don't know. August hasn't been right since that night at Madison Square Garden. He's been...depressed," I said in a questioning tone.

"Oh. He's probably a little sad about Nicole. I mean, if I was in relationship with somebody, whether I was cheating or not, I would be sad about our break up, too. Give him his space, but that is if he wants it. Don't assume because it'll make him think you don't care," She lectured, trying to be helpful.

"I don't know if that'll work, but I mean, I'll try. I don't want to smother him either," I siad with a sigh following after it.

"You won't know until you try. So I advise you to do it," She smiled.

I sighed once again. "Times like this I need Donovan," I pouted.

"Call him then," She said.

"You know that he's overseas with the war. I don't know why he gave up his baseball career for that. I just hope he's okay," I said, approaching the window to look out at the stars.

"Oh. Yeah, well, um, you ready," She asked.

"I don't know," I replied. "I don't think I'm up for it anymore."

"Why," She squealed.

"I don't know. I got a lot on my mind." I sighed

"Maybe this party can help it un-bother you," She emphasized.

"I guess you're right, but I have a feeling that this party is going to be a major life changer for me," I stated, speaking my mind.

"You'll be fine, darling," She joked with a slight chuckle.

I shook my head and playfully rolled my eyes before returning to the vanity to finish my hair.

~~~

Made Me by Snootie Wild and K Camp blasted as I entered the ginormous mansion with Shay and Bahja walking beside me. I looked around the party, noticing the house was packed with people. Smoke filled the air, blinding my vison and the reek of liquor invaded my nostrils. I twisted my face up at the grostesque stench as I continued to move through the party. Being that we're in Chicago, I'm trying to be on my best behavior.

"Where's August," I yelled over the music.

"Um, I don't think he came out," Shay shouted in my ear, but I could still barely hear her.