Chapter 1

January 18th 1960

Eyes of golden honey absorbed in the light of the crimson moon. He camouflages in the darkness of the ebony alleyway  waiting in patience for his bait.

"'Ello, love".

His voice; a thick scouse accent-deep and bellowing uttering the girl to turn around so rapidly. 

She jumped. 

"W-who's there?" 

"My apologies, I didn't mean to scare ye". 

He rapidly made his way from behind her, wrapping his long cold arms around her waist. The girl was frightened out of her skin as if hell had surpassed. She shivered. Her heart was going to explode out of her chest, quickly running her life away. 

"Wha- what do ye want from m-me?" Her voice quivered in agitation  hearing a  whispery chuckle in her ear. 

"Don't worry love... I'm very gentle". 

Suddenly a huge crunch  vibrated throughout the darkness, as the girl screamed in pain. He drinks her like he hadn't had his thirst  in so very long sucking out all her innocence whilst masticating her flesh. He watches her eyes grow big in terror as she feels nothing but a silent death, causing her soul to drain away. He gently places her on the ground and watches a tear from one of her green eyes fall slowly down to her cheek. 

A sudden guilt exploded out of him. What has become of him? His  long and thick bushy eyebrows knitted together in frustration. His white glistening  teeth that was now greedily trailing with blood. 

Her blood. The red liquid dripping from his sharp nailed canines. They were as sharp as a blade and as striking as a razor. He observes her body fade out in colour, turning white and pale like stone. 

Heels. 

Men's heels. The tap noise of someone's shoes was about come towards him with really rapid pace. In concern, he vanishes in the night as the young man couldn't even see him at all. However all he could observe from his presence was an innocent girl that was laid on the grounds of the silent street, amongst the walls of the shadowed ally-way. 

"Oh my god!"

He was dressed in a warm long coat, his face spoke nothing but concern. He observed the pale girl, who by all means was pouring out here, there and everywhere on the street of Arnold Grove. The gutter drains had flooded with her deep, rich scarlet blood. Glancing at the telephone box a few steps next to her, the man acted fast and grabbed the door furiously holding the telephone in his ear with his right hand, whilst his left hand, was busy threading itself through his dark hair. He observed her once more but with much more concern and with much more anxiety. 

"Hello? Hello police Officer can you please hurry please?!?"

"What's happening where are you?"

"I'm near an alleyway in Arnold Grove, Liverpool and a young girl looks like she's been murdered! She's losing a good amount of blood, would you please come quickly!!"

"Alright calm down sir, we're on our way." 

"Oh for God's sake! You better get going or else she'll die once it's too late!"

He hung up angrily, hitting the telephone by pushing the talking machine furiously  back into its place. 

But it was all too late. 

Sadly, the girl's light had faded out of her body. 

He knew it.

She was dead. 

It wasn't much than five minutes later, when the man hears sirens coming down the street. Four police cars were chasing towards him and somehow an ambulance van came into his view. He sighed in relief as police officers came running towards their location.

"Oh lord have mercy!" cried a policewoman. 

"What's your name sir?" A tall Detective  asked the man who was nervously observing them. 

"Brian. Brian Epstein". He said his whole body was trembling, as if an earthquake had rumbled through the poor man.

"Okay Brian, I'm detective Maxwell  we're going to ask you some questions are you okay with that?" As he showed his badge for proof. 

"Yes, yes of course".  He watches police rush with yellow tapes of CAUTION and CENSOR everywhere around them. People around the neighbourhood were awakened from their slumbers wanting to know what was going on around the street near their homes. Some Officers told them to step back. 

"Did you see anyone? Anybody at all at least a glance of something?"

"No sir. It was too dark and it had already gone by the time I reached the girl".

"Did you hear something?"

"Yes I did".

"Care to explain?"

I was walking out of my record store, I'm a manager you see and uh I was going back home, and I heard a frightful scream".

"High pitch?"

"Yes high pitch. Very high pitch it sounded like a warning whistle y'know?"

A police woman came over to the detective yet he already knew what it was.

"The girls dead isn't she."

"Yes sir. Gonna take her for a post mortem. There seems to be a huge bite around the right side of her neck.  She's awfully pale".

"Let me have a look, sorry Brian for this disturbance."

"Oh it's alright sir I best be off then".

The detective nodded his head,  proceeding to look on the dead body. 

"You don't think it's some sort of animal bite? A dog bite?" The policewoman asked. "Because look. The bite has sunk right down in her flesh as if the red sea of the titanic. It's like some butcher's knife had sliced her for dinner!"  

The detective  looked around on the ground and started to feel things. Sense things. Suddenly Brian had came back. 

"Sir it can't be a dog bite!"

"What is it Brian? If it's not a dog bite then what is IT?"

"This particular street is a cul de sac. It has never been that noisy at all. I haven't heard a dog bark tonight. If it was a dog bite I would've heard a barking noise or anything! But there was no dog!"

Maxwell started to look at his hands.

"He's right y'know".

The police Officers were confused. 'Sir?"

See the black marks on my fingers?"

"Yes?"

"They've come off from shoes." 

I hope yall like this first chapter. Ive never written a vampire George before 😂❤