Chapter 20

OCTOBER 1920

__________________________________

The sound of footprints down the dark, cold alleyways of the foggy night, where dim lit lamps were blinking, there was a murderer who encounters a lady of pure innocence, where she walks tirelessly towards the warmth of her home. The eyes were steeled with forbidden love, escalating towards her body, a knife so sharp in a brown pocket, a long woolen coat and a top hat for disguise. The moonbeam cuts sharp on one of his eyes a deep dark brown addiction for his kill.

However, a dark shadow lurks behind the walls of the alley observing the murder with sharp glacial eyes, rapidly turning into a bloody red. Fangs were shining under the lights of the moon like knife and its crystal white skin was hidden in its long tail coat. He was hungry. And one strike of blood, gave him the smell of hunger for the first time in a long time. 

The murders mustache was cleanly observed, sitting upon his thin lips. He grinned at his circumstance as if ready to aim at his target, a knife, clenched in the grip of his cold white hand, his nails digging on the insides of his palm. 

Suddenly, a rough grab sensed his arm, roughly pushing him against the cold, brick wall of the narrow alleyway. His eyes of shock as he gasped, suddenly realizing it would be his last moment to breathe again. He lifts the knife into the air as if aiming for it's head, but sadly, one strong bite plunged through out the terrifying darkness. The lady turns around and runs for her life, going into the house with no hesitation, shutting the door with a big bang and hearing the lock turn.

The murder gives a blare of his frightened voice, falling so slowly against the solid wall of the alleyway, dropping his knife. The knife makes its scratching noise and bounces on the streets of the alleyway, with the left over finger prints that was placed in the handles of the weapon.

Edward turns his head. Leftover blood drizzled down from his lips. He was just seventeen and hungry.

__________________________
JUNE 2020

"Edward are you alright? You looked like you saw a ghost!" Jasper declared, looking at him rather strangely, observing his light neon eyes go bright red.

"It's alright Jasper. Just find George and get us the hell out of here".

Suddenly, big footsteps made them jump out of their skins. Jasper went wide eyed and the boys backed behind a wall with a nervous look on their countenances.

"Ogres". Edward whispered, their heads peaking on the edges of the wall. The ogres stomped across the cold wooden floors, their cleavers held by the grip of their claws.

"Why are they so orange?"

"Why are we so pale?" Emmett smirks.

"Lad, them weapons are 10 times the size of our 'ead!" Mick proclaimed, rather terrified at the monsters who were nearing their 50 feet height. Keith resembled a rather frightened look on his pale white countenance. His eyes were the size of hula hoops. He backed away, turning towards a wall behind the others, trying to take out a cigarette with shaking hands. He inhaled the repulsive drug down his throat, with a relieved look on his face. "I ain't gonna look at them giants. We're like bloody ants from their size. I'm only five foot seven and a bloody ant! You lot would be the same".

Tom glared at Keith, looking down at him with his sharp neon eyes. "You're right. Even though I'm six foot seven and a half, these damn monsters would still squish us". Edward, who only stands at six foot one, tapped his thumb against his lip shushing them to be silent. "Even if we're small, we can hide into things and scurry like rats anyway and they won't be able to see us". While whispering against the sides of the castle wall, the vampire boys find themselves listening to low, dangerous grumbles of the ogres.