Part 2: Tragic loses, homeless wanderers

3 weeks later. 

Brandon and the other survivors have been working day and night to protect themselves and each other from the infected, they have got more supplies from the different nearby towns and Jack's parents, Brad and Hayden, were rescued by Brandon, Jack and Bret. 

"Right so everyone the infected have not been able to get through our defenses yet so we should be okay to stay here for as long as we can still keep the fences reinforced and standing," Brandon begins to give people their jobs for the day so that the farmhouse does not have anything not done. Brandon, Scott, Brad and Diane are preparing to go out to find Brandon's father and mother who are a few towns away but they should get there and be back by tomorrow. 

The four of them begin to drive off in a recently modified car with more seats, a machine gun turret, reinforced metal on the outside of the car, and a race car engine to make it fast enough to escape infected. Brandon remembers being taught how to fix and mend cars by someone meaningful but then pushes it aside and focuses on driving. 

10 hours later. The 4 make it to the town and arrive at the house of Brandon's parents but the door is open and no one is around. 

The infected are not around and all evidence points towards something happening or has happened to his parents, Brandon races into the house and searches for his parents but no one is there, neither his parents or infected. Brandon realizes it will take time to find his parents when a baseball bat flies  into Brandon's face and knocks him on the floor. "Father... please watch where you swing the god damn bat... crap baskets!" 

"Oh sorry slugger, didn't realize it was you... why the hell do you still say crap baskets?" Brandon rolls his eyes and introduces his parents, Liam and Elizabeth, to everyone else, They get back to the car and begin leaving hoping to get back to the farm as fast as they can. 

Brandon and his father talk about what has been happening with the world and how their lives will never be the same even after what pain they had already been through. 

11 hours later. 

They arrive back at the farmhouse and everyone is inside eating dinner, Brandon is happy, he has found his parents and the parents of his friends, found some place to live and will be okay until help arrives. 

Brandon and the others go to sleep for the night and in the morning Liam and Elizabeth take a walk round the farm perimeter, Brandon passes his father a gun and allows them to go, Brandon goes to Jack who has been trying to avoid saying something for a while. 

"thank you for not saying anything about him, I know you want to tell her so she does not feel like she cannot help me but I will tell her myself when I feel the time is right," Brandon says hoping Jack will understand and he does. "Don't worry as long as you do not want me to Diane and anyone else will not know about i..." the conservation was broken off by screaming coming from outside. 

Brandon races outside to find his father on the ground with a bullet wound in his leg and infected beginning to surround him, Brandon and the others all grab a weapon and go to protect them but snipers are watching them and Brandon is the only one allowed to try and help them.

The infected begin to run faster, faster than most and break through the fences and try attacking Liam, Brandon begins protecting him but someone runs over and starting fighting Brandon and in the end Liam and Elizabeth are bitten and ripped apart by the infected. 

Brandon drops no to his knees and listens as the attacker tells him he has lost another two family members to them and soon he will lose as well. 

Brandon knows who the attackers are, and why they are there. 

Brandon puts his parents out of their misery and stands up shooting the attacker in the leg while he thinks he is safe and drags him into the garage, Jack follows behind while everyone else heads into the house living room. Brandon and Jack begin to interrogate the attacker, who was wearing body armor and a hockey mask. Brandon already knows who they are so he wants to know where to find the rest but the only answer he gets is that he won't need to look for them.