Chapter vi

Weeks went by since the casual sex slash friends with benefits deal had been sealed and everything was running smoothly. Both kept quiet about it, it was easy because no one said anything about how the two of them would randomly disappear or when Harrison started to spend more weekends at y/n's. The truth was Harry had been running his mouth between Tom and Sam, saying how he was sure they were doing something behind everyone's back and that he was going to find out.

"Pub?" Harry asked when the chatter died down and everyone was looking down at their phones including him.

"Yeah, we can go if you want." Tom agreed, locking his phone to look at his brother, "Guys?" He said a little louder to catch the rest's attention. When Sam, y/n and Harrison finally looked up at him he asked again "Pub?" The three of them groaned but agreed, lazily getting up from their slumped down position on the sofa.

The mood changed once inside the pub, all sat in the booth with the first round of pints already down. Harry seemed to not be missing a single movement y/n or Harrison did, every time she leaned closer to the blonde Harry would shoot Tom and Sam knowing glances. When the second round was finished Harry was oddly already tipsy, maybe because he had drank more than half of y/n's pint too quickly, she just didn't feel like drinking.

While there was still half of the third round in their glasses Harry pointed at both y/n and Harrison with narrowed eyes, "You two are shagging. Change my mind." He blurted out, both Sam's and Tom's eyes widened in surprise at Harry's comment. Y/n scoffed and rolled her eyes at him, then there was silence for long and awkward seconds, "C'mon, change my mind." Harry insisted, leaning back on his seat.

"Shut up, Harold." The girl threw a damp paper napkin at the boy, hitting him on the head, the paper bouncing off his curls and plopping down onto the seat.

"Just admit it, y/n. You're fucking Harrison," The auburn-haired boy crossed his arms on top of his chest as he stared at the girl fidgeting with her phone on top of the table.

Y/n's cheeks were warm and even though they were just her friends she felt judged, torn between admitting to the accusations or lie, she felt herself break a sweat the harder she thought about it, "And what if I am? That's none of your business." She finally spat, gripping her phone tightly as she looked up at Harry, whose eyes had widened as he opened his mouth letting out his typical lad howls.

"I knew it! I fucking knew it!" He stood up and pointed accusingly at them but he had a huge wicked grin plastered on his face. "I told you they were. Give me my twenty quid." He put out both his hands to either side of him, one in front of Tom and one in front of Sam prompting y/n narrow her eyes at Harry.

Harrison's eyes weren't narrowed, in fact, he was just staring blankly at Tom who looked back at the blonde with an apologetic expression, "I don't have any change on me." The brunette said, not tearing his beautiful brown eyes from Harrison's crystal ones.

"Go get the next round then," Harry swatted Tom's chest with the back of his hand to usher him off the booth. Tom huffed but nodded, shifting his gaze from Harrison to y/n, who seemed a little uncomfortable.

"Help me out, y/n?" The brunette nudged her foot with his to get her attention and she subtly nodded her head, shuffling on her spot waiting for Harrison to move so she could get out. The blonde moved slowly almost as if he didn't want her to leave but Tom saw y/n gingerly grip a pair of Harrison's fingers with hers, giving them a comforting squeeze before she followed Tom to the bar.

There was a strange feeling in her stomach, like nerves or anxiety but not quite reaching neither of them fully. She wasn't afraid or embarrassed that the boys now knew about hers and Harrison's doings. What was bothering her a little was that they bet on the whole thing. "You alright?" Tom asked when they made it to the bar, eying her down as she hopped on the stool. The girl just hummed positively, "Is it true then?" He tilted his head, his eyes so soft that made y/n feel that uncomfortable sensation get watered down to nothing the longer she stared at them. She pressed her lips together and sighed.