SoRoku: The Better Half (AU)

(A/N: OH MY GOD I'M ACTUALLY WRITING SOMETHING IN HERE! Sorry for the long break in this book, but I've been in a Star Wars mood since...the middle of December? And I haven't been able to get out of it. So to help myself with that, here's a one shot! It's a high school AU!)

"Sora, Sora, Sora! Enough about Sora!"

Roxas left the school after another fun day of not getting noticed due to him and headed up to the clock tower where my best friends were supposed to be at. It was time for a ranting session.

Axel heard his friends footsteps heading up the steps before he saw him. "He's mad again, isn't he?"

Xion waved at Roxas as he took his usual spot, completely oblivious to the blond's anger. "Hi Roxas! What's up?"

Axel sighed. "Here we go again..."

"Why is everyone so fascinated with him? He's just an obnoxious, immature loser that barely has any friends. He even gets on Kairi's nerves!"

Ah yes, his "better half" as Roxas hates to call him, and what everyone else calls him. The one with the good looks, gets good grades, is always kind to everyone, and even gives Seifer's group the benefit of the doubt.

The one Roxas always wanted to be.

Instead, Roxas is the quiet, sometimes annoyed, blonde who usually gets bad grades, gets bullied by Seifer's group, and tends to be by himself or push people away, except for Axel and Xion.

"Why does life hate me?"

"Maybe you should head home, Roxas. It's been a long day."

Axel had a point. So Roxas got up and waved bye to his friends, heading down the steps. While walking home, however...

SLAM!

"Ow..." Roxas rubbed his head and looked up to see who he bumped into.

"Hi Roxas!" Sora waved at him, then held out a hand to help him up.

"I guess life really hates me..."

Roxas huffed and got up, dusting himself off. "What are you doing here Mr. Goody-Two Shoes? Don't you know this is the bad part of town?"

Sora looked around just now realizing his surroundings. "Oh...I took a wrong turn..."

"More like you went the wrong way..." Roxas muttered.

"Can you...walk me home?" He was a bit scared, since he's never been over here before.

"Fine..." Roxas took the brunette's wrist and walked to Sora's house.

Sora thanked him when they arrived at his house, the good part of town. "I hope to see you at school tomorrow!" He kissed the blonde's cheek before heading inside.

Roxas stared after him then headed home.

"What a strange boy..."