Chapter Sixteen

As always, none of this is mine. This belongs to Stephenie Meyer. I just like to dabble in the playground she created.

Up next will be a jump in time ... probably leading up to Uncle Jimmy's wedding, Bella and Edward talking about their future, some Mobward being Mobward and drama. Thank you for reading and I'll see you in a couple of weeks!

Chapter Sixteen

Bella

Sitting in the kitchen at Jimmy's home, I was flipping through a bridal magazine to find a matron of honor dress for Sue's wedding to my uncle. It was early May and the wedding plans were nearly completed, save for my dress choice and choosing a wedding cake. Lauren was going to design a dress for Sue and was nearly done with it. I had no idea what it looked like, so I was going in blind in choosing my dress. The only thing I knew was that the wedding was going to be casual.

Leah was on the floor playing with Charlie, who was squirming and trying to explore the new space. Sue was sitting on the overstuffed couch, watching over my son and her daughter.

Seth was standing behind his fiancée in the kitchen, trying to pick out wedding invitations. Uncle Jimmy was experimenting. He was trying to figure out how to incorporate some new ingredients into his menu at The Blue Swan.

"Bells, try this," Uncle Jimmy said, putting something onto a plate. "What does it need?"

I took the proffered plate, cutting into the meat. I moaned when I tasted the meat. "Oh my God. This just melts in your mouth, Uncle Jimmy. What is this?"

"Beef spareribs," he answered. "How's the sauce? Too spicy? Not spicy enough? Be brutally honest, Bells."

"What are you planning on serving this on?" I countered. "Mashed potatoes?"

"I'm thinking some homemade mac and cheese," he replied.

"Then, the sauce is too sweet," I said, focusing my attention to the sauce. "You need more heat and the sauce needs to be more savory, less like a barbeque."

Uncle Jimmy nodded and pulled out another pan. He began throwing ingredients into it, muttering to himself. I snickered, enjoying the remaining meat on the plate.

I'd been staying with my uncle since Edward was out of town and had been for the past week. I was fine with staying at the house on my own, but Edward wanted me to either stay with his parents or with my uncle because Jake, Felix, Liam and the rest of the guys needed to go with him. Seth was staying back since he and Claire had several appointments they couldn't miss.

Alice was staying with Peter and Charlotte in Carlisle and Esme's home. Carlisle was with Edward, doing whatever Mobwardy thing they needed to accomplish. It was a big deal. Most of the family was needed and they flew to Italy. My husband checked with me when he woke up and before he went to sleep every day, but I missed him. I slept like shit without my husband. Charlie was persnickety, anxious to see his 'dada'. Though, his vocabulary had expanded in the past few months.

Dada, momma, no, ball, yuck and yay are his favorite words.

He also picked up his father's potty mouth.

Charlie was sitting in his highchair, enjoying some apples with Nonna Esme and he blurted out 'fuck', giggling happily. I blushed furiously, gaping at my child. Esme stared at him in shock, but gave me an understanding smile. I'd been pretty good at curtailing my cursing, but it appeared that Edward had not. With Edward as Charlie's father, it was a foregone conclusion that inappropriate language would be a possibility. Also, trying to reason with a baby was insane. It's like arguing quantum physics with him.