chapter three ➳

song of the chapter; truth hurts

location: salt lake city, utah, set of hsmtmts

"i can't believe i have to film on my birthday." ariam crossed her arms, frowning as the two stepped out of their uber. "oh, shut up! look! it's freaking east high in front of us!" ariel gestured to the iconic school right in front of them

"YAAAY!" ariam screamed and ran toward the school. "we're all in this together, once we know who we are, we're all stars and we see that!" she sung.

ariel started to join in. they looked like crackheads. a producer came out of the building and stared at them. "are you apart of the cast, ladies?"

"uh yeah," ariel cleared her throat. "i'm nini and she's gina."

"oh, great!" he exclaimed. "the rest of the cast is already inside playing games to get to know each other better. you two are the only ones we needed."

ariam smiled and nodded. "great. well, we're ready to go in." he nodded and led them inside the school. the two girls looked around in awe. they couldn't believe they were on the set of high school musical. "six year old me is screaming." ariel whispered to ariam and she nodded in agreement.

"they're in this room," the producer opened the door to reveal the rest of the cast sitting at a long table. "hey guys, nini and gina are here."

"well, ariel and ariam." ariam corrected him. "oh hey, you can sit by me." joshua said and they both walked over. "oh," ariel noticed there was only one seat there. "you can sit, ariam."

"thanks." ariam smiled and sat next to joshua. ariel sighed and went to sit next to matt cornett.

//EJ 🤢

"uh, i'm ariel diaz. im playing your nini." she smiled at the rest of the cast. "and im ariam morgan!" ariam exclaimed. "i'm playing gina porter."

"i'm matt cornett, i'm playing ej caswell."

"im julia lester and im playing ashlyn caswell."

"the name's larry saperstein. im playing big red."

"i'm dara reneé! kourtney's my role."

a whole bunch of other people went, but the two didn't care who they were. "alright, so get to know each other. we ordered pizza." some random ass man said.

ari & ariel looked at each other. "hey im ariam, wanna get to know each other?" she smirked & ariel rolled her eyes. "you're a dumbass."

joshua smiled at ariam. "wanna get to know each other?" ariam chuckled nervously. "sure." ariel's eyes narrowed and went over to them. "hey guys! ariam, let me sit on your lap." she did so anyways, not waiting for a response.

"thanks for letting me answer, rat." ariam scoffed and ariel patted her head. "you're welcome!"

joshua laughed. "you guys are funny." he said and the girls smiled brightly at him. "aw, thanks. you're funny too." ariel said and ariam rolled her eyes. "shut up, ariel. he hasn't even said anything yet."

"hey, i think i'm a pretty funny dude," joshua said, leaning in closer to them. "wanna hear a joke?"

"do we?" ariam asked wearily.

"why did six wanna fuck seven?" he smirked. ariel shook her head immediately and covered her ears. "no! our friend always tells this joke!" she exclaimed.

ariam rolled her eyes playfully. "because seven eight ass." she responded.

joshua laughed loudly. "it sounds like your friend and i would get along well."