chapter six ➳

song of the chapter; my type

location: salt lake city, utah, set of hsmtmts

"CALEB, THE FUCKING BABY'S ON FIRE!"

"WHAT? I GRILLED IT BECAUSE I WANTED BABY BACK RIBS!"

"WHY WOULD YOU-"

let's start from the beginning before we get into all of that.

"are you guys ready to finally start filming?" em asked as they got out of their uber, standing right in front of the set of high school musical the musical the series. ariam nodded enthusiastically. "this is going to be so much fun. i missed acting."

"me too!" ariel agreed and the three walked into the building. they walked into that room where they were last time but i don't feel like going back to look at it.

everyone was already there because we're always late. "hey, guys." joshua waved at them. "hi." they all waved back and ariel went to go sit next to him. ariam rolled her eyes and went to sit next to matt.

//EJ 🤢👎🏽

em sat next to ariam and the producer walked in. i don't know his name so let's just say his name is chris.

"hello everyone," chris clapped his hands. "is everyone ready for the first day of filming?"

everyone cheered and clapped. chris chuckled. "i'll take that has a yes. so our first scene is going to be with ariel, joshua, julia and matt! everyone else, start preparing for your scenes." chris beckoned for the four teens to follow him and left him.

"well," em laid back into her chair. "i already know my lines well enough. i don't really want to go over them. what should we do?"

ariam shrugged. "wanna call caleb and see how he's doing?" em nodded and ariam smirked. "of course you do."

em rolled her eyes. "shut up and call him." ariam grabbed her phone and facetimed caleb. he answered on the second ring.

"hey ariam!" he exclaimed before noticing em. "hi em!"

"hey." the two girls said at the same time because they're twins and better in stereo. "how's your foot?" em asked.

"it's feeling a lot better. i'm getting released from the hospital today. i think i might come visit you guys on set."

"that's good! and cool, that sounds fun." ariam said before the set teacher walked into the room. "emily, we have a little problem," she said. "there's a project that your school is doing right now, and you can't shoot anything without finishing it."

em groaned. "okay, what project is it?" she asked.

"the baby project." the teacher said and ari started cackling. "you have to do a baby project! that sucks!"

em opened her mouth to protest before the teacher interrupted her. "and, you need a partner. so pick somebody in the cast. maybe matt?"

"EW!" em screamed. "i don't want anyone on this cast to be my baby daddy! no offense or anything."

"hey, maybe caleb can be the baby daddy." ariam said to her, forgetting that he was still on the phone. "what?" caleb rose an eyebrow.

"oh!" em exclaimed. "caleb, please be my partner on this stupid baby project."

caleb just shrugged and nodded. "sure, why not?" he said.

"he's the definition of a team player." ariam chuckled. "i'll be there in like two hours." he told the girls before hanging up.

"great," the teacher pulled the baby out of her bag and threw it at em. "here you go!"

the baby fell on the floor and started crying. "that's 10 points deducted." the teacher said and left the room.

"wha- but you threw it!" em yelled before picking it up, starting to rock it so it would stop crying. ariam covered her ears. "i hate kids."

"who doesn't?" em sighed and smiled when the baby finally stopped crying. "why is there a fucking paper on the baby?"

"it's a name tag! his name is jimmy john!" ariam started dying laughing. "EM, HIS NAME IS JIMMY JOHN!"

em started crying. "I FUCKING HATE MY LIFE!"

-timeskip to when caleb comes because this is boring-

caleb walked in through the door with crutches. ariam and em were the only people in the room, trying to calm jimmy john down.

"what's going on?" he rose an eyebrow. em noticed caleb and ran over to hug him, knocking the crutches down. "OOPS-"

"em," ariam groaned, throwing jimmy john against a wall. "this baby is a spawn of satan!"

"that was ten points off!" she started to cry again. caleb was still on the ground. "uh, a little help here?"

"oh, yeah." em helped him off the ground and helped with his crutches. "so that's our baby?" he looked at the doll on the ground. me nodded miserably. "his name is jimmy john."

"jimmy john!" ariam started laughing again, picking the doll up. "here, take your demon child." she threw it at em, who actually caught it this time.

em let out a sigh of relief. "say hi to jimmy john, caleb."

"no thank you. i'm going to get some milk."

em's jaw dropped. "NO! CALEB, YOU ARE NOT LEAVING THIS BABY AND I TO FEND FOR OURSELVES! YOU ARE THE FATHER OF THIS KID AND YOU ARE GOING TO RAISE HIM, WETHER YOU WANT TO OR NOT!"

caleb stared at her. "i was going to get some milk from the fridge...from prop."

"oh," em said and ariam started laughing again. "IT'S NOT FUNNY!"

"yes, it is." ariam deadpanned. "anyways, how about you take a nap, em? you seem cranky," caleb said. "i'll look after jugbert."

"his name is jimmy john...but okay!" em sake and flopped onto the couch, closing her eyes. she knew caleb was going to take great care of their child.

-another timeskip-

em woke up to the smell of burning plastic. "ew, what the fuck is that?" she mumbled and sat up. her eyes widened when she saw jimmy john on a grill on fire. "CALEB, THE FUCKING BABY'S ON FIRE!"

caleb came back into the room on his crutches and screamed. "WHAT? I GRILLED IT BECAUSE I WANTED BABY BACK RIBS!"

em stared at him. "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?"

"BECAUSE I WAS HUNGRY AND THESE PAIN MEDS GOT ME DELIRIOUS!"

the teacher walked into the room with her clipboard and saw the baby on the grill. "you get an f, emily."

emily started to cry, burying her face in her hands. ariam was recording the whole thing, laughing her ass off.

she loved this show already.